+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now what?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    I know nothing about baseball. I come here to get all my knowledge. You were a pitcher I assume. So I have to figure you know catchers. I apologize for all the ignorance. I just think I see some good catching this year. My opinion only. Nothing personal against previous catchers, just noting it seems better to me. I do not know.
    you are right, the catching this year has been very solid. i was just saying it's not a big step up from mims. combs might be slightly better defensively than mims, but i don't know that anyone on that team can replace mims's leadership on the field. i also played with mims so i might be a little biased. drew thomas and richard are not as good as mims was, and that is not only my opinion, but nearing fact.

Puppy Bigbopp is an unknown Bigbopp's Avatar

For those who have played competitive sports before (intramurals not included), you understand the value of player leadership. Mims played hard and encouraged that of his teammates. It's one thing for your coach to get on you, you expect it at times. It's another for one of your peers to get in your face and tell you it's time to step up and that you're not playing hard. And it doesn't have to be the best players on the team. just somebody that plays hard and is respected by his teammates. we need a couple of guys to step up. leadership is priceless.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbopp View Post
    For those who have played competitive sports before (intramurals not included), you understand the value of player leadership. Mims played hard and encouraged that of his teammates. It's one thing for your coach to get on you, you expect it at times. It's another for one of your peers to get in your face and tell you it's time to step up and that you're not playing hard. And it doesn't have to be the best players on the team. just somebody that plays hard and is respected by his teammates. we need a couple of guys to step up. leadership is priceless.
    Yeh, Chris 29, like that time Mims was about to kick your ass on the field, haha.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

i think i was the one doing the chewing!!! well, at least til sim called us both to the mound, and then it's safe to say he did all the chewing! haha. mims and i still laugh about that. coach sim told us at a basketball game a couple weeks ago that he will never forget that. good times...

+ Reply to Thread