+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Academics

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Re: Academics

Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    Current freshman admission standards for in-state:

Completion of Regents High School core curriculum and 2.5 GPA or higher
    OR ACT composite score of 23 or SAT 1060 or greater
    OR High school rank in top 25% or class
    And require no more than 1 remedial class.

There is also a certain percentage of students who can be admitted even if they do not meet these admission standards.

Galen Rockett
    Thanks Rockett. You are correct. After stating the ACT score thing, I went back to check the rules, and I stand corrected. The certain percentage of students who can be admitted if they can't meet these admission standards is rather slim though. However, it's not as easy as it once was for admission to Tech. I do think our athletes do quite well. In fact, in 2004, graduation-rate reports released by the NCAA, Tech ranked first in the state among public universities with Division 1 programs.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    Tech ranked first in the state among public universities with Division 1 programs.

That's not saying much, I'm not trying to diss on Tech, I KNOW we have the best education in the state, but the competition in state is a joke,
    lsu-too big, party school, and see signature
    ull- ha
    ulm - double ha
    Tulane - private

I feel Tech is in the top 5 of the top in the SOUTH for education quality amoung Div 1A schools.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Graduation rates are an interesting measure. I am not saying that it is a bad measure, but it cannot tell the whole story. I have always wondered about schools with a low quality education. Wouldn't it be easier for them to have a higher graduation rate. I mean that I can see how a very tough school with high standards could suffer from a lower graduation rate.

Just saying that it is not a stat that tells the whole story.

+ Reply to Thread