+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sunday game...

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: sunday game...

do you really think it is pitching?
    Yes, we definitely need better pitching! The now (4 wins and 11 losses) Sac State pitchers today: 8 strikeouts, 3 walks, 1 hit batter
    Tech pitchers today: 3 strikeouts, 5 walks, 4 hit batters (and 8 of 9 innings were by our two top pitchers in ERA statistically!).

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Re: Simineaux Hype

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    It guess the Simineaux hype is just that ALL HYPE
    Im curious did you make the first cut or were you cut the first day of fall tryouts?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Not the best weekend.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Maybe we should switch dugouts . . . er portajohns. Maybe that'll make us meaner and leaner and one big blue machine!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    That's on the coaches. Like Sim or not, we should not be losing a series AT HOME to a team under .500.

i don't agree with putting that on simoneaux. it's not like he is making the errors, hitting batters, striking out, or leaving runners on base each inning. the hitting is plenty good enough, along with the pitching and defense, we just need to find some consistency. i agree you should not lose a conference home series to a 2-10 team, but you can't put it on sim. the coaches can only do so much...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    i don't agree with putting that on simoneaux. it's not like he is making the errors, hitting batters, striking out, or leaving runners on base each inning. the hitting is plenty good enough, along with the pitching and defense, we just need to find some consistency. i agree you should not lose a conference home series to a 2-10 team, but you can't put it on sim. the coaches can only do so much...
    I think blame needs to be shared equally between players and coaches. It is the coaches turn to correct all of this crap that has been going on and get this team straight mentally. We just seem sloppy right now. Hitting is sporadic and we need to work on manufacturing more runs, as falcon said in another thread. I think Sim and Co. will get this straightened out. I just hope this is their only slump of the season and they will finish strong (opposite of last season). I know this team has a great streak in them. I just hope it starts soon and carries.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I guarantee you that sort of repreive for Sim wouldn't fly with any other coach. They played a team with 2 wins and lost 2 out of 3, at home. That's unacceptable.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I guarantee you that sort of repreive for Sim wouldn't fly with any other coach. They played a team with 2 wins and lost 2 out of 3, at home. That's unacceptable.
    wouldn't fly? so we should just fire him now? i promise you sim is more pissed about losing that series than any of us on this board. it is unacceptable and he would tell you the same thing. it's hard for coaching to blow 2 games in a weekend. yes, there were times when i would've been tempted to bunt and he didn't, but that was his call. later in the season, he may bunt in those situations. anyone who has ever coached knows it's hard to bunt a runner over with a homerun hitter at the plate in the 5th or 6th inning. this weekend is one that the coaches, players, and fans would like to soon forget. let's just not start pointing fingers just yet. baseball is a game of streaks; let's just hope we get hot...soon!

also, 2-10 can be deceiving, especially for a west coast school. i heard (i haven't taken the time out of my precious day to research this) they have played a tough schedule to this point.

we have to eliminate walks, get innings going before two outs, try to avoid grounding into so many DPs, and stop leaving so many runners on. sounds easy

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say anything about firing him. I just don't like double standards when it comes to what we expect out of our coaches.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

We need to score more runs, strike out more batters, catch more ground balls, and not let the oponent score more than us. That's the ticket.

What other coaches in the past 10 years at Tech havent been given a reprieve?
    Last edited by grimey; 03-05-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: wanted to

On this message board, no coach has been given a pass for losing games he SHOULD win. This is Sim's third year. He is accountable for the performance of his team.

Puppy Bigbopp is an unknown Bigbopp's Avatar

Pitching has not been great, I'll give you that. But it hasn't been bad either. Errors kill your momentum as a pitcher and your rhythm. They also had quite a few "soft" hits that landed in all the right places. They weren't exactly teeing off on our guys any this weekend that i saw.

my biggest gripe is that the players just didn't seem to really be in it and it's too early in the season to be like that. i will come watch teams and support them win or lose if they are playing hard. Once they start playing like they don't care, i'll find myself on the golf course a whole lot more.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think watching a team that is supposed to be all that lose their first Wac serious to a team with 2 whole wins, qualifies this team as ALL HYPE

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

On this message board, no coach has been given a pass for losing games he SHOULD win. This is Sim's third year. He is accountable for the performance of his team.
    5th year.

And the reason any of us are upset that we lost is because Sim and Co. have made this program relavent. 3 - 5 years ago no one even posted on the Baseball forum other than 5 - 10 of us.

I am frustrated with the recent performance as well, but anyone who knows baseball knows that it is a marathon, not a sprint. If we are not in the top-half of WAC play after 12 WAC games I will be disappointed. That would probably mean that we need to win at least 6 if not 7 WAC games to get to 7-5 or 8-4 to be in the top half.

+ Reply to Thread