+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newly appointed Director of TECH Baseball Operations is...

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: newly appointed Director of TECH Baseball Operations is...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Who is the director of football operations?

i havent heard if they have hired anyone yet or not.

i was wondering if andy robinson would get it because i still see him at tech basketball games.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Is Nitz qualified for something like that? Dave is the voice of Tech sports, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but we need to make sure that he would do a good job.

Hypothetically, if Nitz does a poor job, he would be impossible to replace because he is so priceless with his commentating. We would be stuck.

I'm not saying we shouldn't hire Nitz, I bet he would do a great job. We just need to be thorough with our hires from now on. I don't want to get stuck with another Oakes(He loves Tech, but he sucks at his job.)
    I don't imagine Wade Simoneaux made that comment on the radio without good information to back it up.

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    What is Sizemore's job? Is he not in charge of making travel arrangements?
    I know that Tommy Sizemore's job did include travel arrangements for football in the past. I use to work with him on getting the cheerleaders to games when I was in charge of that group.

I just finished going through some of the Carr report and it specifically said that Tommy had too much on his plate. Hopefully he will get some help.

Galen Rockett
    Ruston, LA

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

With all the goings-on in TECH athletics...

Just listened to Dave call the NMSU game (bringing it masterfully, pitch-by-pitch into my living room...), and it made me think about this:

Is there any update to be had with Nitz being officially hired by TECH?

We CAN NOT drop the ball on this, in my very, very humble opinion. TECH, please realize what we have. And keep it. And utilize it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If I remember right, Dave also does the play by play for the Sports. Would this position take him away from announcing at the Sports games??

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    With all the goings-on in TECH athletics...

Just listened to Dave call the NMSU game (bringing it masterfully, pitch-by-pitch into my living room...), and it made me think about this:

Is there any update to be had with Nitz being officially hired by TECH?

We CAN NOT drop the ball on this, in my very, very humble opinion. TECH, please realize what we have. And keep it. And utilize it.
    Just listened to Dave call the McNeese win (bringing it masterfully, pitch-by-pitch into my living room...). Great game by the Dawgs.

Is there any update on Dave's status with the University?

Puppy TennDawg is on the way down

It was declined... the university so NO

Puppy TennDawg is on the way down

said NO

Quote Originally Posted by TennDawg View Post
    said NO
    Can anyone confirm/elaborate on this?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Three things for our new AD to accomplish:

1) Get Dave Nitz a lifetime contract
    2) Put Mike Green in the HOF
    3) Bring PJ Brown back into the fold

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I can confirm it. The deal didn't offer Dave enough money to make it worthwhile.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

We need Dave Nitz. He is awesome. I think he is better at calling baseball than anyone I have ever heard. PERIOD.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Three things for our new AD to accomplish:

1) Get Dave Nitz a lifetime contract
    2) Put Mike Green in the HOF
    3) Bring PJ Brown back into the fold

these are long overdue.

+ Reply to Thread