+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shreveport Times writer defends Oakes

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

Shreveport Times writer defends Oakes

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: Shreveport Times writer defends Oakes

Isn't it the AD's job to raise money? To give the fans a reason to give that money to the program? He could at least show a desire to improve, instead of a commitment to midocrity. But I guess a columnist in Shreveport knows more about the situation at Tech than Tech fans do...

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

I agree with you big time on that

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I can't figure out how to post a response...who's responsible for our budget and our fan base...oh yeah, it's oakes. Come on guys. Jim should've been gone years ago.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people just DON'T GET IT! Of course, Oakes is responsible.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Scott Ferrel hates BBB more than Jimmy Watson.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I guess that's what happens when you get an idea and then quickly post it in a blog without much thought.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Scott Ferrel hates BBB more than Jimmy Watson.
    same guy that defended Bicknell, and Waston for bashing of tech for gettin rid of him. I believe with the hiring of Dooley and the excitement surrounding him they had to feel a bit silly in insisting that keeping Bick was the best thing to do.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I can't figure out how to post a response...who's responsible for our budget and our fan base...oh yeah, it's oakes. Come on guys. Jim should've been gone years ago.
    I signed up and posted before ( I still have the conformation email). But now my username is not recogized. I guess when I wrote back about JW blog they kicked me out. It's the new "freedom of the press" the freedom to censor what they want. But anyway, I don't totaly disagree with him. The alumni do need to step it up, but that is because JOakes sucks at doing his job.

Oh, and to answer your question Johnny, you can just "sign up" at the bottom and once you get to where they ask you about naming your blog just arrow back to Scott's original blog and click "post a comment". At least that worked for me. (now we will just have to wait to see if they allow my comments)

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

JAB, good addition to the article. To me it is not about JO, it is about support for all Tech sports. Yes I believe the North Louisiana media is part of the problem. They do not know much information about the WAC teams and do not do the work to get the information. It is much easier for the North Louisiana media to promote playing Louisiana teams than to really find out about the teams that Tech plays in the WAC.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

can someone post the main part of what it says? i cant get the site to come up. thanks.

Puppy arc016 is on the way down arc016's Avatar

Ok, I agree that JO has done a horrible job at promoting LaTech athletics and raising money outside of Ruston. No wonder we have one of the poorest athletic budgets in the Nation. Because we only get money from Ruston. Our Alumni do live outside of Ruston! We have numerous pro atheltes that we could solicit funds from, but we continue to dig out of the same deep pockets.
    But we have too many alumni that support other schools more than their own. So there is no money left over to give to Tech. Plus people refuse to give to CHAMPS! because the money that has been given in the past has been spent on things that it was not supposed to be spent on. (misappropriated funds). i.e. money raised specifically for baseball, that was taken away from the baseball team that was raised by baseball boosters for baseball needs, but our own administration screwed them.
    So it is not all on JO shoulder alumni and current fan base have to do their part as well. Just like most sports, this is a TEAM effort, because obviously ONE man alone can not do it, nor should we expect him to. We probably one of the smallest support staffs in the nation as well. Not enought people doing two and three different jobs.

Support TECH not LSU.
    LSU is like the Yankees of Louisiana
    Most people who support LSU do it because their friends do it, so they think it is cool and they dont even really know why they like them, nor could they name more than 3 players on the teams.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Whenever someone has to write something defending someone, that means that person is doing a piss poor job.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Trying to respond and it will be filtered and read before your comment is published. Looks like they don't want any feedback from us.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

The point is we need a leader to generate interest in our programs and improve our situation and from what I can tell JOakes has done nothing at all to improve our situation.

I would really like to see what a qualified AD could do to improve our budget - at the very least it would be interesting to watch someone try some new things that other schools do...

+ Reply to Thread