+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shreveport Times writer defends Oakes

Puppy arc016 is on the way down arc016's Avatar

Re: Shreveport Times writer defends Oakes

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    The point is we need a leader to generate interest in our programs and improve our situation and from what I can tell JOakes has done nothing at all to improve our situation.

I would really like to see what a qualified AD could do to improve our budget - at the very least it would be interesting to watch someone try some new things that other schools do...

AMEN! Something New and Fresh. Think outside the Box!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Wonder what our friend Scott has to say about the Lady Techsters and whose fault that is. I suppose he would say it is the fans fault as well.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Jim Oakes = Athletic DIRECTOR! I belive all of the aforementioned is his job. It is the same thing when you blame the coach for the players not performing on the field. This reflects the leadership. If our players (alumni, etc.) are not performing on the field then maybe it's time to find another coach (AD). It wouldn't be the first time we've done that this year.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

That is one of the most ridiculous articles I have ever read. Basically the writer is saying that we are to lift the athletic director on our shoulders and make him a success. Sorry - that's not how things work. The leadership qualities have to be in place first. I do not know JO personally and I have never met him, so I am going to assume that he is a good person with good values and give him the benefit of the doubt. However, that being said, Iwould like to see him reach out to us. If we can truly make a difference, then I want to see him state that. Maybe he could write a letter to the RDL petitioning us for support on a regular basis giving us specific challenges that he faces and giving us specific ways in which we could help. Itemize. Itemize. Itemize. Reach out. Heck, Iwould love to see him post on BBB. Woundn't that shake things up!

+ Reply to Thread