+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toledo, game 1

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Re: Toledo, game 1

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Look, I am not picking on JJ. He had a great night at the plate. Just not so great on the mound. Why is it so wrong to say that when it's okay to dog out the bullpen?
    I hate to single out kids when they have a bad game but if its o.k. for some it should be o.k. for all of them. Everybody loves JJ, great kid, our "star" , as Falcon pointed out this is just a message board and its just our opinion and thoughts. I doubt the players and coaches even read BBB. Our pitching staff, starters and bullpen need to improve if we are gonna have a good season. Also defense, hitting,etc. We might even need to bunt more. Ha Ha

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Again, I can READ! They went to town on JJ and everybody else too. Look at the boxscore. They scored a total of 10 runs, 5 on Jericho, 4 earned. Now maybe "irrelevant" was not the right word...all the runs mattered. But you have to admit if JJ had not given up 5 runs we'd have won.
    Ok my bad, I thought Jericho came out after they scored three and I also thought the final was 13-7 based on second hand info. I left when it was 10-7 so I thought they scored 3 more in the top of the ninth.

Then yes, they went to town on every pitcher.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Ok my bad, I thought Jericho came out after they scored three and I also thought the final was 13-7 based on second hand info. I left when it was 10-7 so I thought they scored 3 more in the top of the ninth.

Then yes, they went to town on every pitcher.
    I believe Jericho left with 2 or 3 runs but also his runners on base. Anyone else remember? The thing about Jericho is his pitching was clutch last night. He gave up hits but when the team needed him to settle down and get out of the inning he came through with strikeouts. That is why he deserved to win last night. Not because he is a fan favorite.

Something on Knotts. He needed to come out last night. I haven't seen him pitch enough to know if he always does this but Toledo's bench had a read on him last night. The could tell from something he would give away what pitches he was throwing. After the walk their entire bench knew. Sim could have left him in longer but that would have meant they score more runs. Lassere had the job of getting through a little bit of Toledo so Lorio could come in and try and take over the rest of the game. It was plainly obvious that Sim was seeing if we could go without using Hudson and Alsup.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

easy on jericho. pitchers will give up runs. 4 ER and a lead when jericho came out, not a bad outing. not dominant, but its college baseball, and runs will be scored. bullpen did not hold their end of the deal. also, the score was 10-7, not 13-7 as someone stated above. and whoever said sim leaves starters in too long hasn't watched any games. our starters are starting for a reason. have you seen our bullpen, aside from bhud and alsup? i would try to ride my starters out as long as possible too. and maverick, that's good stuff "But you have to admit if JJ had not given up 5 runs we'd have won." captain obvious eh? i mean that's the equivalent of saying if we had scored 11 runs we would've won. or how about this one: if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I believe Jericho left with 2 or 3 runs but also his runners on base. Anyone else remember? The thing about Jericho is his pitching was clutch last night. He gave up hits but when the team needed him to settle down and get out of the inning he came through with strikeouts. That is why he deserved to win last night. Not because he is a fan favorite.

Something on Knotts. He needed to come out last night. I haven't seen him pitch enough to know if he always does this but Toledo's bench had a read on him last night. The could tell from something he would give away what pitches he was throwing. After the walk their entire bench knew. Sim could have left him in longer but that would have meant they score more runs. Lassere had the job of getting through a little bit of Toledo so Lorio could come in and try and take over the rest of the game. It was plainly obvious that Sim was seeing if we could go without using Hudson and Alsup.
    Juice--look at the box score. JJ gave up 4 and the 5th run was his too. Top of the 6th, double to left center, single up the middle, sac fly, run scored. That is why he came out of the game.

It's amazing that other players are fair game but JJ is not. If we are going to talk about what happened let's be honest.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    and maverick, that's good stuff "But you have to admit if JJ had not given up 5 runs we'd have won." captain obvious eh? i mean that's the equivalent of saying if we had scored 11 runs we would've won. or how about this one: if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...
    That is exactly my point. You guys ignore the obvious! ALL of the runs mattered. Even the ones JJ gave up.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed. team loses, not individuals. obviously no one did enough last night or we would've won, so the blame is on the TEAM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    Juice--look at the box score. JJ gave up 4 and the 5th run was his too. Top of the 6th, double to left center, single up the middle, sac fly, run scored. That is why he came out of the game.

It's amazing that other players are fair game but JJ is not. If we are going to talk about what happened let's be honest.
    I am not saying lay of Jericho. I am not one for bashing any players unless everyone is about to jump all over the coach for a player's mistake. All I am saying is Jericho is getting a free pass this game instead of the bullpen because he did what he had to to keep the lead. He was taken out of the game with the lead afterall. Sure you can say he gave up a lot of hits and runs but that is what Jericho does. And that is why he is not a weekend starter.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    I doubt the players and coaches even read BBB. Our pitching staff, starters and bullpen need to improve if we are gonna have a good season.
    I've said it before and I will say it again -

Ya'll would be SHOCKED if you knew who WAS reading this board - from players to coaches to coaches wives to parents to well heeled alumni -

Shocked -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Ya'll would be SHOCKED if you knew who WAS reading this board - from players to coaches to coaches wives to parents to well heeled alumni -

Shocked -
    LOL! I wouldnt. I remember Scobee chimed in a few times a few years ago.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Shocked -
    I heard Michael Moore reads. He's good friends with Joakes (liberals).

+ Reply to Thread