+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toledo, game 1

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Toledo, game 1

Anybody go?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Toledo, game 1

In the ninth the score was 13-7 Toledo, I had to leave early though.

We had a 5-2 lead at one point and then our pitching tanked.

Puppy latechbbb is an unknown

Not so much the pitching but the hitting stunk

sim has to give the pitchers a chance.....knotts first, then pulled, then lassere yanked pretty quickly, i know knotts got hit for a homerun but dang how are these pitchers gonna get thru any innings if they don't get a chance to work thru their innings? he thought jericho did really well but he had 9 hits....i just don't know what he is thinking....seems like he leaves his starters in too long

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechbbb View Post
    Not so much the pitching but the hitting stunk
    the runs for Toledo were something like:

0200 then 42113 after Jones was taken out. They had about double our hits which is a knock on both our pitching and hitting.

jones had 9 hits, toledo had 4 more after he was taken out

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

another long LaTech season. What a year. This is a free fall

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechbbb View Post
    sim has to give the pitchers a chance.....knotts first, then pulled, then lassere yanked pretty quickly, i know knotts got hit for a homerun but dang how are these pitchers gonna get thru any innings if they don't get a chance to work thru their innings? he thought jericho did really well but he had 9 hits....i just don't know what he is thinking....seems like he leaves his starters in too long
    Knotts walked his first batter then gave up a 3 run homer, I would have taken him out also. He said that they tried winning a game w/out Hudson or Alsup. Looks like that won't happen. Hitting is not in a funk, scoring 7 runs should be enough to win. The pitchers need to regroup and get a W tonight and get ready for the weekend.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Toledo, game 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Knotts walked his first batter then gave up a 3 run homer, I would have taken him out also. He said that they tried winning a game w/out Hudson or Alsup. Looks like that won't happen. Hitting is not in a funk, scoring 7 runs should be enough to win. The pitchers need to regroup and get a W tonight and get ready for the weekend.
    I totally agree......and it looks like we know which pitchers to go to battle with now. Hopefully from now on we can get 5-7 solid innings out of our starters and use Alsup and Hudson to maintain the leads they inherit.I think the bullpen tryout is over now.With 7 strikeouts and a 2 run lead, Jericho deserved to win this game.Giving up 5 more runs instead of holding the lead is not going to cut it.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I did not make it to the game, but I can READ!! Sorry, guys but Jericho gave up 9 of the 13 hits. Their batters were .391 against him. If he had not given up those hits and runs early, the later ones would have been irrelevant.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I did not make it to the game, but I can READ!! Sorry, guys but Jericho gave up 9 of the 13 hits. Their batters were .391 against him. If he had not given up those hits and runs early, the later ones would have been irrelevant.
    Totally agree. I was at the game and he got hit hard. IMO if he would have stayed in it would have been alot worse. Alsup and Hudson are the only two guys I have faith in on the mound. Forgot about Lorio, he's done pretty good lately. I read what Sim said about the "Jericho deserved the win" but sorry, I can't buy into that.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post

What? Giving up 9 hits is irrevelant if they are scattered and not doubles, and bombs. He left w/ the lead. Look, the bullpen failed last night, lets hope they regroup and get ready for the next game
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

As many hits as they got on Jericho I think they only scored 2 or 3 runs out of thirteen on him. New pitchers came in and they went to town on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    As many hits as they got on Jericho I think they only scored 2 or 3 runs out of thirteen on him. New pitchers came in and they went to town on us.
    Again, I can READ! They went to town on JJ and everybody else too. Look at the boxscore. They scored a total of 10 runs, 5 on Jericho, 4 earned. Now maybe "irrelevant" was not the right word...all the runs mattered. But you have to admit if JJ had not given up 5 runs we'd have won.

Look, I am not picking on JJ. He had a great night at the plate. Just not so great on the mound. Why is it so wrong to say that when it's okay to dog out the bullpen?

+ Reply to Thread