+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Changes

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Site Changes

Q, Looks pretty good!! One thing that a co-worker of mine was saying is that in the banner, there is a lot of dead area. Your second screenshot looks good and fills some of that dead area. LOVE the new logo. Wish it was easier to see on the Baseball fence though.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I couldn't follow a link under the link thing to get to the official athletic site and had to click on it in one of the stories to get there. That isn't good.
    What I am opening each time is endlessly busy. Simplicity is a virtue. Look where it got Forrest Gump! I'll keep trying but I might be one of the people choosing the original format if it remains available.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I couldn't follow a link under the link thing to get to the official athletic site and had to click on it in one of the stories to get there. That isn't good.
    What I am opening each time is endlessly busy. Simplicity is a virtue. Look where it got Forrest Gump! I'll keep trying but I might be one of the people choosing the original format if it remains available.
    Aub,

I need you to tell me EXACTLY where you were having a problem so I can make sure everything is working. If you were on the Links directory, when you click the name of the link, it pulls up a little menu and the first option is "View this Site". If you click that, it opens the site in a new window.

I've had one other comment of the "Busy" nature. I understand this and would be happily entertain suggestions to help that out. Unfortunately for some, the old option isn't available anymore. This is a change in system and was necessary. The old portal wasn't being supported any more, had significant performance issues, security issues which HAD been exposed in the past, and a change needed to be made. This system solves all those problems and adds new features. If it needs to be slimmed down, we can do that. But give it some time and see if it grows on you.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    how about this guys?

Quang - Sorry I haven't responded. I've been kind of busy. I'll send you a PM this morning.

Chris

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Ok, so I'm an idiot. I went to the style changer and changed it to BBB mobile on accident now can't change it back. Can an admin help a brotha out?!

*EDIT*

Fixed!

however, can we remove mobile from the style chooser?

JFord

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    Ok, so I'm an idiot. I went to the style changer and changed it to BBB mobile on accident now can't change it back. Can an admin help a brotha out?!

JFord
    bump

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    bump
    Dirty gots jokes... but hey so do we all... or is that JOakes?

JFord

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

I got the new one i love it QNG!!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    I've had one other comment of the "Busy" nature. I understand this and would be happily entertain suggestions to help that out. Unfortunately for some, the old option isn't available anymore. This is a change in system and was necessary. The old portal wasn't being supported any more, had significant performance issues, security issues which HAD been exposed in the past, and a change needed to be made. This system solves all those problems and adds new features. If it needs to be slimmed down, we can do that. But give it some time and see if it grows on you.
    Chris, any chance that this fixes the problem that I was having at work with the Win 98 machine??

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    I got the new one i love it QNG!!!!!
    Thank you it's a lil somethin' somethin' i made up.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Thank you it's a lil somethin' somethin' i made up.
    haha you learned something somethin' hahaha

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Chris, any chance that this fixes the problem that I was having at work with the Win 98 machine??
    It's possible. Let me know if it does.

Chris

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

how about this guys?

Take out Champ (you know the one who wears a Lady Techster jersey to the MBB games).
    Stretch your signature dawg eyes as the backdrop layer of some more action shots. (if you want to share it. That signature has become your icon.) And of course keep the Tech logo in the mix.
    I find the use of Champ as repetitive to the graphic Dawg in the BBB logo.
    You asked. You got it . . . for what it's worth (Just showing you my creative eye and I appreciate your efforts.)
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post

*EDIT*

Fixed!

however, can we remove mobile from the style chooser?

JFord
    I can't remove it from the pull down without disabling it for the mobil users. But I did put a link that will be on the bottom of every page that you can click to revert to the Standard style if you get into mobile while at your computer.

Chris

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Thanks to you all. This looks greeat!

For those of you who want it, Quang's new banner is now available if you go to the bottom of the page and select the BB&B Logo Style. If you haven't selected a style before, you are probably seeing it now, but if you have, you'll have to manually select it. The old banner is still available by selecting the BB&B Standard style.

Thanks to Quang for this GREAT graphics work!!!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread