+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Chokey Patman gone

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Chokey Patman gone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Gross.
    jealous

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I'll admit it: I've been a lesbian most of my adult life.
    A lesbian trapped in a mans body . .. .. we need some sort of a support group :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    A lesbian trapped in a mans body . .. .. we need some sort of a support group :icon_wink:
    Sounds like Cartek and DogtorEvil already have one.

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

Well back to the soap opera. I generally think Skip does a good job down there but maybe the Chancellor needs to send him on a vaction this week
    The Times-Picayune newspaper, in New Orleans, reported a similar story on its website Thursday afternoon. The newspaper also posted what it called a direct quote from LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman. The Times-Picayune reporter says Bertman told him, "The girl (Chatman) did what she did and LSU had no control over that." When contacted by WAFB 9NEWS, Bertman denied saying that to the newspaper and called the article "shoddy journalism." Bertman says the Times-Picayune reporter who wrote the article should be "baked in oil." An editor for the Times-Picayune declined to comment on Bertman's remarks when contacted by WAFB 9NEWS Thursday evening
    http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6200501

LOL,good grief I wonder what he is going to say next lol. Its the Inquistion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal View Post
    I haven't mentioned anything whatsoever about religion yet you try to dismiss my thought process by stating that it likely stems from religious teaching.
    You failed to respond to my question of why you first stated that you didn't know any gay people that had come from broken homes.
    You agree with me that children need positive role models of both sexes. I assume this means you agree that is better than being raised by a homosexual couple of either gender regardless of how caring and loving the same-sex couple is.
    I'm sure we all agree that the parents should be loving and caring and teach integrity and respect. The part about not judging others is all too politically correct, though. Everyone judges everyone they come in contact with every day. Parents should teach their children to judge others fairly and based on their individual actions, not based on stereotypes, etc.

As for the difference in being a factor or a cause, I assumed that was a simple distinction. I believe that the factors we mentioned above (lacking positive role models of both sexes or being physically/emotionally/sexually abused) during formative years contribute to the likelihood of someone having homosexual tendencies. It can influence someone to rebel (whether consciously or unconsciously) against the typical sexual role. You asked what I believe "causes" homosexuality. I don't believe there is any one answer to that. I think it comes from a variety of environmental influences. Part of it has to do with personal choice. That is obviously highly controversial. I don't think many people wake up one day and say, "I think I'll be gay." I think it's more of a gradual process. Probably not a discussion that lends itself to consideration on a sports message board.

And the reason I didn't respond to your statement about the father loving his daughter is that you were addressing it to the person who had mentioned their daughter. That wasn't me. Of course we all agree that parents should love their children. But to say that because you recommend unconditional parental love means the rest of your post should carry more weight is illogical.
    You can safely assume that I don't agree with anything that comes from a place of intolerance. And as far as "not juding others" being "politically correct," I was actually quoting Jesus. Sorry you were confused.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That makes sense being as the vast majority of parents are heterosexual. So, if you have one gay child and one straight child, how you raise the straight child is less important than the gay one? That's good to know. Sounds like something the gay agenda would put forth.
    Wow, dirty, you figured that out all on your own. And yes, there is a gay agenda. We've already taken over, and the changes will go into effect soon. Tomorrow, for instance, the gun rack in your pickup will be gone, the skoal can in the back pocket of your wranglers will be missing, and you'll suddenly know the meaning of the words prepositional phrase.

If you've been paying attention, we've already infiltrated the Homeland Security Department. The alert response code is actually a gay pride flag. Check it out for yourself.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    You can safely assume that I don't agree with anything that comes from a place of intolerance. And as far as "not juding others" being "politically correct," I was actually quoting Jesus. Sorry you were confused.
    You actually seem pretty intolerant towards religion even though I haven't mentioned it at all.

Since you brought it up, though here's another quote from Jesus if you're interested:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The verse you were taking out of context is:
    Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

This section of scripture is teaching not to judge unfairly. Don't judge others in a way that you're not ready to be judged yourself. (the mote/beam thing meaning to clean up your own act before talking to someone else about theirs)

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Wow, dirty, you figured that out all on your own. And yes, there is a gay agenda. We've already taken over, and the changes will go into effect soon. Tomorrow, for instance, the gun rack in your pickup will be gone, the skoal can in the back pocket of your wranglers will be missing, and you'll suddenly know the meaning of the words prepositional phrase.

If you've been paying attention, we've already infiltrated the Homeland Security Department. The alert response code is actually a gay pride flag. Check it out for yourself.
    Already ahead of you. Never had a gun rack, using snuff is a disgusting habit I don't have, degree in English/Literature so I'm quite familiar with prepositional phrases.

I guess you had no response for the fact that most parents are heterosexual resulting in more abuse cases from heterosexual parents-another example of the gay agenda trying to manipulate facts. Also, I find it interesting that you didn't attempt to correct your statement about parenting a queer child being more important than parenting a normal child.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Already ahead of you. Never had a gun rack, using snuff is a disgusting habit I don't have, degree in English/Literature so I'm quite familiar with prepositional phrases.

I guess you had no response for the fact that most parents are heterosexual resulting in more abuse cases from heterosexual parents-another example of the gay agenda trying to manipulate facts. Also, I find it interesting that you didn't attempt to correct your statement about parenting a queer child being more important than parenting a normal child.
    Dirty,
    The percentage is higher among Heterosexuals. Also, the percentage is much higher with heterosexual men for sexual abuse.

As for the parenting, he was referring to how much more challenging it is to parent a Homosexual child. It is important to protect them from society making them feel "not worthy" - sort of like some of the comments on this thread could do. Adults that accept themselves and have self confidence in who they are can handle societies pressures a little better (although still a challenge). Young impressionable children need protection in a way that is different than most other children. It takes an excellent parent to make sure that their Gay child is confident and not insecure.

Don't mean to put words in Farfromafar's mouth, but since we are in similar fields and have dealt with similar situations, I am assuming that is what he was saying.

Puppy fan316 has turned a few heads around herefan316 has turned a few heads around herefan316 has turned a few heads around here

This topic is taking off like the space shuttle.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fan316 View Post
    This topic is taking off like the space shuttle.
    Yeah, and it probably needs to move on to the political board. Even the first topic is pretty political on here. The direction it has gone was expected. Nothing ignites people on a sports board more than the topic of Homosexuality. I would expect, at least, 6 more pages of posts. It will go on till everyone gets tired and no one has changed their mind on any of it. :icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Dirty,
    The percentage is higher among Heterosexuals. Also, the percentage is much higher with heterosexual men for sexual abuse.

As for the parenting, he was referring to how much more challenging it is to parent a Homosexual child. It is important to protect them from society making them feel "not worthy" - sort of like some of the comments on this thread could do. Adults that accept themselves and have self confidence in who they are can handle societies pressures a little better (although still a challenge). Young impressionable children need protection in a way that is different than most other children. It takes an excellent parent to make sure that their Gay child is confident and not insecure.

Don't mean to put words in Farfromafar's mouth, but since we are in similar fields and have dealt with similar situations, I am assuming that is what he was saying.
    As you have said many times on the political board, numbers can be manipulated to mean whatever the person using the number wants, so I'll take those percentages in consideration of their source especially when you consider that I'm sure a large percentage of that is against females. Furthermore, as I've understood it in the past from those trying push homosexuality onto the mainstream, there are indeed many men who are really gay and living in denial. How do we know that those numbers aren't reflected in those percentages? Finally, I'd rather fan answer on his own merits.

As a reminder, I don't hate homosexuals. In fact, I have an uncle who is gay-just not practicing. He lived with my grandparents and took care of them. I remember as a child sleeping in the same bed with him. On the occasion we have family gatherings and beds are limited, I still would. I have no problems letting my boys sleep with him. I'm not one of those who thinks that homosexuals are out to molest children or any one of the same sex they meet.

As you have said many times on the political board, numbers can be manipulated to mean whatever the person using the number wants, so I'll take those percentages in consideration of their source especially when you consider that I'm sure a large percentage of that is against females. Furthermore, as I've understood it in the past from those trying push homosexuality onto the mainstream, there are indeed many men who are really gay and living in denial. How do we know that those numbers aren't reflected in those percentages? Finally, I'd rather fan answer on his own merits.

As a reminder, I don't hate homosexuals. In fact, I have an uncle who is gay-just not practicing. He lived with my grandparents and took care of them. I remember as a child sleeping in the same bed with him. On the occasion we have family gatherings and beds are limited, I still would. I have no problems letting my boys sleep with him. I'm not one of those who thinks that homosexuals are out to molest children or any one of the same sex they meet.
    I know that about you, Dirty. However, Fanfromafar doesn't. I hope this is moved to the poltical board, because I really don't want to get into all of it over and over. We have discussed it all to death on there. Maybe it will just die over there, so that it is not offensive to some of our posters, players, or recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I know that about you, Dirty. However, Fanfromafar doesn't. I hope this is moved to the poltical board, because I really don't want to get into all of it over and over. We have discussed it all to death on there. Maybe it will just die over there, so that it is not offensive to some of our posters, players, or recruits.

I agree. It needs to die out.

Puppy fan316 has turned a few heads around herefan316 has turned a few heads around herefan316 has turned a few heads around here

Let it end now.

+ Reply to Thread