+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs Best Rockets 11-5 - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs Best Rockets 11-5 - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech baseball team came back from its loss to Toledo on Tuesday with a strong 11-5 win Wednesday afternoon at J.C....

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Bulldogs Best Rockets 11-5 - latechsports.com

What can you guys tell me about this guy? Impressive numbers! Could he step up and START once every 5 games so Jones can start everyday and crush 30 HR's??

21 Alan Knotts...... 3.24 0-1 8 0 0 0/0 1 8.1 7 3 3 2 14 1 0 2 31 .226 0 0 1 0 0

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Can't believe y'all would cheer against the "Rockets". Kind of has a good sound to it!!

Galen Rockett

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    Can't believe y'all would cheer against the "Rockets". Kind of has a good sound to it!!

Galen Rockett
    Your trueee colors are showing!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Great game Dawgs! They win every game I'm not at

Puppy Bigbopp is an unknown Bigbopp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    What can you guys tell me about this guy? Impressive numbers! Could he step up and START once every 5 games so Jones can start everyday and crush 30 HR's??

21 Alan Knotts...... 3.24 0-1 8 0 0 0/0 1 8.1 7 3 3 2 14 1 0 2 31 .226 0 0 1 0 0

he doesn't get alot of innings. i haven't seen him enough to know what he could do really. the couple of innings i have seen him pitch, he looked good. no help here.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Basically Jerrico is starting every game as a hitter, even when he pitches, he is the DH but he will not hit 30 HRs, no one hits that many in college, I figure you were exaggerating. Not getting a lot of good pitches to hit and definitly not seeing enough fastballs to hit that many. Rike more than likely will lead the team in HRs this year, and he is a heck of a player also.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Basically Jerrico is starting every game as a hitter, even when he pitches, he is the DH but he will not hit 30 HRs, no one hits that many in college, I figure you were exaggerating. Not getting a lot of good pitches to hit and definitly not seeing enough fastballs to hit that many. Rike more than likely will lead the team in HRs this year, and he is a heck of a player also.
    Chris 29 informed me the other day that Rike was walkon when he first came to Tech. Wow, he is a legitimate 5 tool player and I would speculate, if he continues at this torrid pace, will be drafted in the top 5 rounds.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Dodgers like him.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    Dodgers like him.

and the cubs, and the orioles, and a few more. Don't know about top 5 rounds as someone mentioned, but he will get drafted.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Would be surprised if Rike didn't lead the team in all offensive stats unless he hits a slump like almost everyone goes through. Could hit in the 20plus range as far as HRs, that would make him a pretty high draft choice considering his other tools. As far as JJ, its not uncommon for a soph to not have as good a season as he had as a frosh, teams know you better,etc. I would be happy with a .300 ba and 10-12 HRs, more walks and less K's. Of course this would be a career year for most players, JJ messed up having such a great year last year and we're all expecting him to duplicate it.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    and the cubs, and the orioles, and a few more. Don't know about top 5 rounds as someone mentioned, but he will get drafted.

if he finishes the season the way he's playing right now, top 5 rounds is feasible. we are watching a guy that has a very legitimate shot at making it to the show one day...

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Bulldogs Best Rockets 11-5 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Would be surprised if Rike didn't lead the team in all offensive stats unless he hits a slump like almost everyone goes through. Could hit in the 20plus range as far as HRs, that would make him a pretty high draft choice considering his other tools. As far as JJ, its not uncommon for a soph to not have as good a season as he had as a frosh, teams know you better,etc. I would be happy with a .300 ba and 10-12 HRs, more walks and less K's. Of course this would be a career year for most players, JJ messed up having such a great year last year and we're all expecting him to duplicate it.
    Opposing teams are compiling a scouting report on Rike as they did on Jericho last season after the Baylor tournament.On tuesday against Toledo, Jericho actually saw a few fastballs in the strike zone and went 3 for 5. Between the last McNeese game and tuesday's game he has seen nothing but changeups and breaking balls ( with a few fastballs mixed in....but out of the zone.What we have witnessed with Jericho struggling is that he is trying to make the adjustments necessary to eventually get better pitches to hit.When he begins to pulverize the offspeed pitches with consistancy, works the pitchers deeper into counts by being more patient at the plate.....look out !!! I hate to say it but Rike will soon see the fastballs over the plate hard to come by also. Baseball is a game of adjustments and the elite players are the ones who are able to make the adjustments.Don't give up on players like Rike & JJ when you see them in a slump because eventually the cream will rise to the top. This is Rike's junior year and even though i'd like to see him in a Bulldog uniform nex't season,I hope he continues to have an outstanding season and goes high in the MLB draft in June.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    if he finishes the season the way he's playing right now, top 5 rounds is feasible. we are watching a guy that has a very legitimate shot at making it to the show one day...
    Well of course if he goes the way he is going now he will be drafted in the top round. Heck he would go the first round. If he would have hit a homerun tuesday he would have a 5 game home run hitting streak going. But everyone knows how streaks work in baseball.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Opposing teams are compiling a scouting report on Rike as they did on Jericho last season after the Baylor tournament.On tuesday against Toledo, Jericho actually saw a few fastballs in the strike zone and went 3 for 5. Between the last McNeese game and tuesday's game he has seen nothing but changeups and breaking balls ( with a few fastballs mixed in....but out of the zone.What we have witnessed with Jericho struggling is that he is trying to make the adjustments necessary to eventually get better pitches to hit.When he begins to pulverize the offspeed pitches with consistancy, works the pitchers deeper into counts by being more patient at the plate.....look out !!! I hate to say it but Rike will soon see the fastballs over the plate hard to come by also. Baseball is a game of adjustments and the elite players are the ones who are able to make the adjustments.Don't give up on players like Rike & JJ when you see them in a slump because eventually the cream will rise to the top. This is Rike's junior year and even though i'd like to see him in a Bulldog uniform nex't season,I hope he continues to have an outstanding season and goes high in the MLB draft in June.
    Agree with almost everything except opposing teams already have a scouting report on Rike from last year, .322 7-8 HR's. The book on Rike was can't hit breaking ball, can't hit lefties. That was last year, this year he's hitting everything, fastballs, change-ups against righties and lefties. For JJ to get back to 2006 production he has to be more patient. Most ab's he gets behind in the count and can't be as aggressive as he should be. The games I've seen most teams pitch him fastball in and breaking ball away. Like I said earlier we're talking about him struggling and he's hitting over .300! Not bad. I've seen him get more fast balls than I would have thought.

+ Reply to Thread