+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long should be fired

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Long should be fired

Yes, Long should be fired. It would happen anywhere else, but it won't happen here. He's a good old boy, well-liked, photogenic, and fits in with the Tech leadership.

But as a coach, LONG has FAILED and FAILED the tradition as well.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Long should be fired

I will wait to see what he does with the vast amount of talent he has next year. these seniors just were not very talented. Shan could get hot but too streaky. he has some pure shooters coming in next year. What the hell happened to Mangham this year? I thought she was supposed to be a star recruit. If he can't do it next year with the recruits coming in, I think he will be gone. I am however very disappointed in him. In the lousy WAC he should be able to take this conf. even with the bad seniors on this team.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I will wait to see what he does with the vast amount of talent he has next year. these seniors just were not very talented. Shan could get hot but too streaky. he has some pure shooters coming in next year. What the hell happened to Mangham this year? I thought she was supposed to be a star recruit. If he can't do it next year with the recruits coming in, I think he will be gone. I am however very disappointed in him. In the lousy WAC he should be able to take this conf. even with the bad seniors on this team.
    I'll find you here next year, Beaux. Trust me. LONG IS NOT THE PERSON FOR THE JOB. The more time you give him, the longer the rope will be that he hangs this program with. He is a recruiter, he is NOT A HEAD COACH.

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

I know a coach that might be available...excellent record and great recruiter. Lemme know if you're interested.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

well from what I have seen from the lack of developement of Dowdell and Manghum for the likes of Kursh who hasnt done anything all year long, you may be right. He has never come up with a good starting five. the seniors on this team should have been pulled long ago, with the exception of Shan.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal View Post
    I know a coach that might be available...excellent record and great recruiter. Lemme know if you're interested.
    Of course she can't coach and she has a thing for players- nah, we don't want her.

Champion - even you can not believe that Long should still be here.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 03-07-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dang how embarrassing! Go get T.Spoon as a HC now and put Long on the bench helping with recruiting or something. She would get the TECHSTERS motivated and teach them how to be winners again. Period!

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Why fire Long?? Half of you people are embarassed because we are primarily a women's basketball team but you want the coach fired because we won't make the tourney?? What is it to you guys? Just wait on the football season where most of you are predicting 7 and 8 win seasons..............only to get your feelings hurt.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I have always believed in giving a coach AT LEAST three years. If Long puts the same shit(and thats all it has been) on the floor next year then definately fire him.

But he needs three years.

BTW, I don't buy into Long being the great recruiter. For some reason I get the feeling that Joni Crenshaw is the one landing these recruits, don't ask me why.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder if DR was there watching the Techster lose...seeing how our athletic program went to crap.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I have always believed in giving a coach AT LEAST three years. .
    I don't.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I have always believed in giving a coach AT LEAST three years. If Long puts the same shit(and thats all it has been) on the floor next year then definately fire him.

But he needs three years.

BTW, I don't buy into Long being the great recruiter. For some reason I get the feeling that Joni Crenshaw is the one landing these recruits, don't ask me why.
    Send long back to mississsippi h.s. girls' b/b and promote Joni to h.c. would suit me just fine.

NO WAY we could do any worse.

jmo

Geesh! Hire any former TECHSTER and the job would probably get done.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The good ol days...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Geesh! Hire any former TECHSTER and the job would probably get done.
    They would at least have pride in the program. Long is a loser! I can not even believe we have fallen this far.

+ Reply to Thread