+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long should be fired

Puppy Hoss has turned a few heads around hereHoss has turned a few heads around here

Re: Long should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    They would at least have pride in the program. Long is a loser! I can not even believe we have fallen this far.

Dang, Cal & Ken, those are some pretty strong words. He may not be the best man for the job, but a LOSER he is not!! Let's give him a little more time.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Dang, Cal & Ken, those are some pretty strong words. He may not be the best man for the job, but a LOSER he is not!! Let's give him a little more time.
    He's not a winner, and if he's not a loser, then is he a purgatorier? A betweener? What is he? He's not a head coach, that much we know.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    He has lost more games in one year that a real coach did in 5 or 6 years. I said he was the wrong choice when they hired him and he has proven me correct over and over and over again. He is a terrible coach and unfortunately Tech will not get rid of him but they should. They only problem is that like last time, if they did fire him they would still put zero effort into finding a new coach.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

C & K
    You're right on. I can't believe LT's post on another topic where he/she asks if LSU will come after Long? Your response was priceless!

Sure, go ahead, give him another year, give him a freaking 10 year contract. He'll eventually have a decent season, but he will NEVER be the coach who will take the Techsters back to prominence. It just won't happen.

The national search was a joke. Long's quote "well, we have to give them credit" each time we lost this year sounded like we were the better team but just had a bad game. He never got it. We were the bad team. He is the bad coach.

He may be a good recruiter, and the jury is still out on that one, but he has shown repeatedly that he cannot coach, motivate or make good choices in pressure situations.

Blame Budke. Blame the seniors. Blame the WAC travel schedule. Blame altitude. Blame the fans. Blame those of us who complain. Blame the NCAA. Keep pointing your fingers. Eventually, you'll have no where else to point, and you'll find them pointing a lot closer to home than you'd like. The administration made a LAZY choice in Long.

Long is not the person to return Tech to its place among the elite. It will never happen under him.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    C & K
    You're right on. I can't believe LT's post on another topic where he/she asks if LSU will come after Long?
    My tongue was super glue stuck in my cheek when I sent in that post.
    ________
    LovelyWendie
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Of course she can't coach and she has a thing for players- nah, we don't want her.

Champion - even you can not believe that Long should still be here.
    Cant Coach, its one thing to not like LSU its another to just be ignorant. Back to Back Final 4's I know a few schools who would take that.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I bet Barmore would come back if the price was right.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I bet Barmore would come back if the price was right.
    You know that would get ppl back in the seats.

Puppy quicksix has turned a few heads around herequicksix has turned a few heads around here

my post to sleeveless or sleeves was noted by a few as anti-dog now we have a full run on droping long and getting some better talent. i just have to wonder why so many now see long as a losing high school coach. give him more rope and we will only be in a much deeper hole next year

Puppy cornhuskr1 is on the way down cornhuskr1's Avatar

Long should have at least one more year to show off his new team!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    You know that would get ppl back in the seats.
    Oh, you know it. However, I'm sure he would demand a salary package similar to Dooley's before he would even consider it.

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cornhuskr1 View Post
    Long should have at least one more year to show off his new team!

I have to agree.

Let's get over the shock of not winning the conference title and going back to the NCAA playoffs and give the man a chance to coach HIS team. I have watched Lady Techster basketball for just about as long as anyone on this list and we just did not have the talent that we have had in the past. We had no inside player to bang down low and our guards were not as quick and athletic as in the past.

Chris has been coaching Budke's team and now he will have his. I believe that Lady Techster basketball is not a sinking ship as many do. I believe that Chris Long has the character to bring us back to prominence. He is still learning as a head coach and we will benefit from that.

Galen Rockett
    Ruston, LA

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

guys I have said all along that Longs fundamentals are sound. He obviously can;t motivate but the real problem this year was that he had no one who could consisitently shoot the ball. I am sure it was as much of a surprise to him as to us. People feed off of team leaders and hot shooters. We had neither on this team. Shan never took this team by the reigns and that surprised me. It was her team and her turn. She was supposed to be the star. Alot of this rest on Long but his offense did create alot of shots, the Techsters didnt have the talent to hit them. That should change next year. His teams played consistent defense just inconsistent offense. AnD RECRUIT A BIG CENTER!!!!!!!!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

pLAIN AND SIMPLE. If your players can't hit the side of a barn it doesn;t matter how open they are.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    My tongue was super glue stuck in my cheek when I sent in that post.
    LT,
    I wanted to assume the tongue in cheek gesture, but wasn't sure since there was no "emoticon" to go with it. My apologies for thinking you were serious. I could not agree with you more.

+ Reply to Thread