+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Long should be fired

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Long should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Just say NO to the NIT. It will further diminish what is left (if anything) of the Techster legacy.
    Snubbing the NIT will only further the gap b/w some of the Techster faithful and reality. We are not a program that can or should snub the NIT. The local press would rip us a new one (as they should).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

This would happen anywhere else? Let's fire Tuby Smith, Coach K, or maybe even get rid of Knight for living up to expectations. I mean hell, they've had more than two years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    This would happen anywhere else? Let's fire Tuby Smith, Coach K, or maybe even get rid of Knight for living up to expectations. I mean hell, they've had more than two years.
    Tuby is DEFINITELY on the hot seat.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Tuby is DEFINITELY on the hot seat.

Most definitely. He was at Tulsa once, wonder if he would consider a school like Tech if he is canned? Course if that happens, I bet he gets a boatload of offers. UK is a tough place to coach because of the tradition and expectations...

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    To put Long in the category of those mentioned above is IMHO absurd, but at the very least, way too premature. Those coaches have winning record(s), not just one winning season with players he didn't recruit and one horrible season with most of our records shot to hell and back, using his recruits (and Budke's, to be fair and balanced).

I have no option but to wait for next year, and wait I will. I would love to be as wrong about Long as I was about being a Republican all those misguided years ago.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

perhaps i should have written (sarcasm). sorry a week in las cruces with no tournament wins will make anything seem funny.
    To put Long in the category of those mentioned above is IMHO absurd, but at the very least, way too premature. Those coaches have winning record(s), not just one winning season with players he didn't recruit and one horrible season with most of our records shot to hell and back, using his recruits (and Budke's, to be fair and balanced).

I have no option but to wait for next year, and wait I will. I would love to be as wrong about Long as I was about being a Republican all those misguided years ago.

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Big Grin Re: Long should be fired

You have it backwards. Most people become republicans when they grow up and realize what the real world is about.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawgomatic View Post
    You have it backwards. Most people become republicans when they grow up and realize what the real world is about.
    And then they become depressed, despondent alcoholics and get elected president. :icon_wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And then they become depressed, despondent alcoholics and get elected president. :icon_wink:
    Gosh, I didn't realize Dan Reneau is a depressed alcoholic.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

bump

Same song, 2nd verse.

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Since we showed that $100,000 mattered sooooooooooooo much to our athletic department, why don't we save that money and hire no new assistants to replace those that have been fired, encouraged to leave, or left on their own accord. That lets the new coach next year come in without having to let go anyone that Chris Long would hire. Surely that would save a little cash (more than $100K) and not give Long the excuse that it takes time to get his assistants on his page. Talk to Coach Barmore and see if he would come back for the year to bail out his boy and his program.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gosh, I didn't realize Dan Reneau is a depressed alcoholic.

Not so sure about that but I believe he is a democrap.

+ Reply to Thread