+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Leon Barmore

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Poor Leon Barmore

Watching his empire crumble under the direction of Oakes and Reneau is heartwrenching.

I feel for the man and would not be upset if he was named the head women's coach at lsu in a couple of months.

He deserves better than to have his program ruined like this.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Poor Leon Barmore

I only have so much sympathy. Apparently he is the one that hand picked Budke and then Long. He should stay out of the selection of coaches. He is 0 fer on his selections.

Puppy Sundance is an unknown

Amen, Leon was a great coach but it he picked his successors as alleged, did the Techsters a disservice, especially if Mulkey is a candidate for the LSU job.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Wasn't Leon's hand-picked successor Kim Mulkey?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Kim's name was mentioned as a replacement for Pokey last night on the local news.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I think Budke was the "best available" at the time. Kim was gone and if I remember correctly there weren't any big names available/interested when he stepped down. I always got the impression we settled for the JC coach because out of everyone available he had the most wins etc...

I can't speak to long's hiring I wasn't around to gauge the mood and atmosphere. I would say Leon is 0-1 in coaches if long was his choice.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wasn't Leon's hand-picked successor Kim Mulkey?

Yes. I wonder who let her get away (dripping sarcasm).

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    Kim's name was mentioned as a replacement for Pokey last night on the local news.

Talk about adding insult to injury. That would be too much to bear .
    Last edited by oledawg66; 03-08-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I only have so much sympathy. Apparently he is the one that hand picked Budke and then Long. He should stay out of the selection of coaches. He is 0 fer on his selections.
    If he hand-picked his successors it is because someone in the administration was not doing their job. Don't lay this at Barmore's feet. He's a coach, not an athletic director. We accomplished more than a school with our half-assed financial and administrative support should ever have achieved because he was loyal to his school despite lucrative offers to go elsewhere. If Barmore is to blame for anything it is for setting the bar of our expectations too high in light of the realities of what our administration was ever actually going to do to support athletic excellence.

Barmore was a rarity on many levels, most notably that he could get things done--on and off the court-- by the sheer force of his personality, and then he could back them up with his skill. So far Dooley seems to be cut from that same type of mold, but we will have to see if he can back it up with results on the field.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    If he hand-picked his successors it is because someone in the administration was not doing their job. Don't lay this at Barmore's feet. He's a coach, not an athletic director. We accomplished more than a school with our half-assed financial and administrative support should ever have achieved because he was loyal to his school despite lucrative offers to go elsewhere. If Barmore is to blame for anything it is for setting the bar of our expectations too high in light of the realities of what our administration was ever actually going to do to support athletic excellence.

Barmore was a rarity on many levels, most notably that he could get things done--on and off the court-- by the sheer force of his personality, and then he could back them up with his skill. So far Dooley seems to be cut from that same type of mold, but we will have to see if he can back it up with results on the field.
    I agree - never said otherwise. They should never have let him pick. I do not nor have I ever thought that it is not the fault of DR and JO. If you see my posts you will see that in many of them.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

It is also telling that several of Barmore's proteges are having pretty decent careers--at other schools. Not sure if it means anything, but maybe, just maybe, there is more to this formula than meets the eye.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree - never said otherwise. They should never have let him pick. I do not nor have I ever thought that it is not the fault of DR and JO. If you see my posts you will see that in many of them.
    Nope, when he picked, the administration should've listened and kept KMR around. Barmore is not to blame for Budke (who's having some success this year if I'm not mistaken) or Long. They asked him who they should get, he told them and they didn't make it happen.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Talk about adding insult to injury. That would be too much to bear .
    Wrong smiley. My bad.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Poor Leon Barmore

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    It is also telling that several of Barmore's proteges are having pretty decent careers--at other schools. Not sure if it means anything, but maybe, just maybe, there is more to this formula than meets the eye.
    Whoa!!! NEVER looked at it that way but ya may be on to something!!!

Gene

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Mulkey had the opportunity to stay at TECH, with a higher salary and an open wallet, and chose to leave.

4 years, 5 years, whatever. She left on her own will.

Let it go.

+ Reply to Thread