+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long's Recruits

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Long's Recruits

It's NOT gonna change my opinion of Long's coaching ability :bigcry: but there seems to be a mixed message of exactly who his recruits are & who he inherited from Budke. Considering that he's been in the Techster family for 8 years he certainly has had SOME influence in all of the ladies ( be they Jucos or true freshmen ). I'm just tired of hearing people like Champion claim that he "inherited a bare cupboard & a program in disarray" when even the official Tech website hails him as the "WAC Coach of the Year who lead the Techsters back into the Top 25 after a 1 year hiatus". Wonder what propaganda's gonna be said about THIS years' season?
    My point is that the system hasn't really changed all that much since he got here in 1999 so the ladies had plenty of time to perfect it. Obviously THAT hasn't happened!! Somebody wanna spit out the facts as best they know them about the recruits?

As a side note, I see that Champ is back in his world of denial where all is wonderful in the Techster nation. In one of his other posts he claims that -

"Long will be here this next year, regardless of what others may want. He has 3 years and next year will be the test. If I am wrong in my assessment, it won't hurt a thing - we will still have to find a new coach. If I am right, I know I will have done the right thing by continuing to support him."

I gotta move to wherever he lives because, based on the last 2 sentences, people there are never wrong!:icon_wink: Think about it - "If I'm wrong then it won't hurt a thing" So nothing bad will come from another season of mediocracy?? But "if I am right, I have done the right thing ....". HUH??!! Nothing bad there either so he's right if Long stays & he's right if Long goes??!! Talk about straddling the fence. I'll go him one better & will be the FIRST to congratulate Coach Long if he can manage to turn things around next year with all these awesome recruits. Doesn't quite take the sting off THIS years' disappointment, though. We lost ( badly ) to ULM!!!! Geezzz!!!
    I know this seems like a personal attack on Champion & perhaps it is. But if everyone here will remember ( or look back to ) my first few posts on this site were actually in support of Coach Long. I just have a hard time understanding how people can't see the forest for the trees. Guess I'M the problem so in the words in the movie Patch Adams, maybe I need to "practice a little excessive happiness!"
    Peace to all ( in spite of my harsh words ).
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 03-08-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Long's Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    It's NOT gonna change my opinion of Long's coaching ability :bigcry: but there seems to be a mixed message of exactly who his recruits are & who he inherited from Budke. Considering that he's been in the Techster family for 8 years he certainly has had SOME influence in all of the ladies ( be they Jucos or true freshmen ). I'm just tired of hearing people like Champion claim that he "inherited a bare cupboard & a program in disarray" when even the official Tech website hails him as the "WAC Coach of the Year who lead the Techsters back into the Top 25 after a 1 year hiatus". Wonder what propaganda's gonna be said about THIS years' season?
    My point is that the system hasn't really changed all that much since he got here in 1999 so the ladies had plenty of time to perfect it. Obviously THAT hasn't happened!! Somebody wanna spit out the facts as best they know them about the recruits?

As a side note, I see that Champ is back in his world of denial where all is wonderful in the Techster nation. In one of his other posts he claims that -

"Long will be here this next year, regardless of what others may want. He has 3 years and next year will be the test. If I am wrong in my assessment, it won't hurt a thing - we will still have to find a new coach. If I am right, I know I will have done the right thing by continuing to support him."

I gotta move to wherever he lives because, based on the last 2 sentences, people there are never wrong!:icon_wink: Think about it - "If I'm wrong then it won't hurt a thing" So nothing bad will come from another season of mediocracy?? But "if I am right, I have done the right thing ....". HUH??!! Nothing bad there either so he's right if Long stays & he's right if Long goes??!! Talk about straddling the fence. I'll go him one better & will be the FIRST to congratulate Coach Long if he can manage to turn things around next year with all these awesome recruits. Doesn't quite take the sting off THIS years' disappointment, though. We lost ( badly ) to ULM!!!! Geezzz!!!
    I know this seems like a personal attack on Champion & perhaps it is. But if everyone here will remember ( or look back to ) my first few posts on this site were actually in support of Coach Long. I just have a hard time understanding how people can't see the forest for the trees. Guess I'M the problem so in the words in the movie Patch Adams, maybe I need to "practice a little excessive happiness!"
    Peace to all ( in spite of my harsh words ).
    Hey Mean.
    It does sound like you're attacking Champion, but Champion isn't the problem, and I know that isn't what you're saying. His eternal optimism may be, in your opinion, misguided at best and blind at worst, but he reacts to the same news you hear in his way. Having said that, I agree with you that hearing the same excuses of empty promises of the future (based on the emptiness of the promises for this past season) and the "hold on, it's going to happen" and "give Long time" mantras have me so tired of the rose colored glasses crowd. I read with interest the posts about the upcoming games, the predictions of what the Techsters would have to do to win (against low level teams), I joined in when asked to "go positive" and I tried, I really did. But the facts are the facts. Those who support Long HAVE TO support Long. They don't want conflict or chaos or anything to possibly diminish the lustre of the Techster crown. Problem is, with the rose colored glasses they are wearing (again, only in my opinion), they can't see that the lustre is gone. It has been for a while. And although they would LOVE to lay this at Budke's feet, he is quietly proving them wrong with what he is doing at Okie State. This is a problem that goes beyond Long to the administration. They, the powers that be, made an incredibly LAZY choice in giving the job to Long. Has anyone looked at what Kellie Jolly Harper has done at Western Carolina? She was the only other finalist for the job, correct? Odd, that Budke took a terrible program and is in the bidding for a tournament spot. Jolly took a bad team and has turned it around in a year. Look what Kim did at Baylor in her first two seasons. Long has had two years. Another one will only make it worse.
    But, sadly, for you, myself and others who share our view, the worst is actually YET to come as he will not be released.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Long's Recruits

Fan - Thank you for understanding my viewpoint is NOT meant directly at Champ. I just can't be THAT optimistic 100% of the time in the face of our program's decline!! Yes, I WILL be at the TAC even if Long's the HC ( and, as Champ says, he will be! ). Heck, even Coach Slaughter said something to the effect that "if we had 2500 more people w/Champion's enthusiasm we'd be a much better program". I played for Coach Mickey one year & as much as I respect him for all he's done for Tech I just can't agree that the FAN'S emotions will carry onto our players & coaching staff. Now if we had COACHES & PLAYERS w/his passion, well, we'd be in the Final 4 every year!! Kinda like it used to be - SIGH.

BTW - I thought Mickie DeMoss was in the final running for the job as well? She's doing OK in the SEC @ Kentucky. She even beat Tennessee - something WE haven't done in a LONG ( no pun intended ) time!!

Gene

Puppy lsustudent is on the way downlsustudent is on the way down

This is a team sport and the team failed. Long wasn't out on the court so it is not entirely his fault.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lsustudent View Post
    This is a team sport and the team failed. Long wasn't out on the court so it is not entirely his fault.
    I would expect that comment from an uninformed LSU fan.

NEVER meant to imply that it was solely the fault of Coach Long. However, lack of discipline & motivation certainly DOES fall at the feet of the HC. Do ya think that Leon would have put up with those players who were sitting on the bench & laughing at the end of a Techster loss?? That not only shows a lack of caring but is also a slap in the face of those ladies who made the Techster program what it WAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I would expect that comment from an uninformed LSU fan.
    Before you run your mouth you should know I am a long time Tech fan that is a from Ruston. What's up with all the hatred for LSU?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Before you run your mouth you should know I am a long time Tech fan that is a from Ruston. What's up with all the hatred for LSU?

Tech fans don't sign up with a user name of lsustudent. Oh, you didn't hear anything from my mouth and you are still uninformed.

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

What's up with all the hatred for LSU?
    Oh boy just wait you have seen nothing yet. Prob best just to ignore it or at least try to like I do

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, but I suspect the reason is that you are on another university's message baord????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Not so hard to understand why we don't like lsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Tech fans don't sign up with a user name of lsustudent. Oh, you didn't hear anything from my mouth and you are still uninformed.
    An actual lsu student might. If Tech offered the career path I chose I would still be at Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't know, but I suspect the reason is that you are on another university's message baord????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Not so hard to understand why we don't like lsu.
    I thought this was a board for Tech fans? Can you not be a fan of Tech and go to another university? I'm not even on any lsu boards.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a board for Tech fans? Can you not be a fan of Tech and go to another university? I'm not even on any lsu boards.
    I understand that and thank you for explaining. Not meaning to knock you, but lsu is our chief competition for recruiting and recognition in this state. Many of us do not like them at all.

Why not have something like "Techfan" as a username? Your username can be mistaken easily for being more of an lsu fan than a Tech one. On this message board, it will continually cause confusion, because there are lsu flamers on here all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I understand that and thank you for explaining. Not meaning to knock you, but lsu is our chief competition for recruiting and recognition in this state. Many of us do not like them at all.

Why not have something like "Techfan" as a username? Your username can be mistaken easily for being more of an lsu fan than a Tech one. On this message board, it will continually cause confusion, because there are lsu flamers on here all the time.
    Hey, Champ!! We finally agree on something!!! At first glance I also though he/she was an LSU fan lurking on our site. Of course, I "cheat" & use my sister's screen name on Tiger Droppings/Rant since she's an LSU graduate. Man, if U think things over here are heated over the Techsters/Long discussion, U need to check out their threads over Pokey leaving AND Saban going to 'Bama!!!!

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

You are kidding - right?

You are showing your ignorance of both the athletic and educational climate in this state and how the lsuseless-BR administration and fans view the other state universities. They even fear their own branch schools' successes.

+ Reply to Thread