+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoop Troop

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Hoop Troop

Some interesting comments about our very own Hoop Troop from New Mexico's board; that were forwarded to me via email this afternoon

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=242#S...T=218006&FIX=1

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Hoop Troop

Man, those people really hate you all, don't they.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

One thing that got my attention on their thread was the word "showmanship" mentioned many times about our basketball band. Congrats Hoop Troop for representing Louisiana Tech in a positive way.

NMSU liked the mardi gras beads. The throwing of beads to the fans started when I was in school during post season...coming back from mardi gras break you come home with sacks full of them...might as well give them away. I remember getting free mcdonalds for beads during the WAC tourney in Tulsa years back. Ppl go crazy for them.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Congratulations to the Hoop Troop for consistently winning EVERY basketball conference tourney.

These kind of positive comments from the WAC fans continue to shower the program directed by Jim Robken.

Can we rent out our band to some of the BCS schools so the music department can make a few dollars during the post season?

In fact, that could be a new side venture for the Hoop Troop . . . touring NBA cities.:icon_wink:

Better yet, maybe the Hoop Troop should travel with the Bulldogs and Lady Techsters a la the Grambling football entourage.

The Hoop Troop does make our game atmosphere better in the STAC.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Job HOOP TROOP -- Thanks for representing Tech with quality and class.

WELL DONE!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the HOOP TROOP! Always a source of pride for Tech. I remember when Sports Illustrated named them as one of the top 10 for the NCAA tournament one year.

Definitely the best Pep Band in the country! Also, thanks for being such a class act.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Congratulations to the Hoop Troop for consistently winning EVERY basketball conference tourney.

These kind of positive comments from the WAC fans continue to shower the program directed by Jim Robken.

Can we rent out our band to some of the BCS schools so the music department can make a few dollars during the post season?

In fact, that could be a new side venture for the Hoop Troop . . . touring NBA cities.:icon_wink:

Better yet, maybe the Hoop Troop should travel with the Bulldogs and Lady Techsters a la the Grambling football entourage.

The Hoop Troop does make our game atmosphere better in the STAC.
    Already happened DP. the hoop troop was rented by Boise 2 years ago in reno, when boise made it all the way from the play in game, to the finals; and did not bring their band;

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

The Hoop Troop owns. I'd put them up against anyone in the country.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    Already happened DP. the hoop troop was rented by Boise 2 years ago in reno, when boise made it all the way from the play in game, to the finals; and did not bring their band;

Thanks for the attaboy, DD. Notice I said they have won EVERY conference tournament they've played in. No, I didn't mention it, but they've had their rent-a-band reputation for a long time at these tourneys. And whenever we did get to the big dance in the NCAAs, the TV folks always depended on the HT for their fill-in music.
    Our teams may not win much now, but our band wins all their games.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent as always!

Keep making TECH PROUD!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    Some interesting comments about our very own Hoop Troop from New Mexico's board; that were forwarded to me via email this afternoon

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=242#S...T=218006&FIX=1
    The Hoop Troop: best pep band in the land.

I've said it for years, and, well, because it's true!

I did enjoy the Holy Cross pep band years back when their WBB played at the TAC in the tourney. Even though their team got spanked, the band kept playing and having a good time. And, they were very good.

The Penn State band just quit, like their WBB team, when they were at the TAC. The Hoop Troop just put them to shame, so they stopped trying to compete.

The Hoop Troop is simply the best. Period.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Did anybody hire our guns this year?

Puppy jem019 is an unknown

Congrats Hoop Troop! As a former member ('00-'03), it definitely brings a smile to my face to read so many positive comments about the Hoop Troop. So many fond memories from Hoop Troop postseason (even though I only go to travel 1 year). Fun times...keep up the awesome work!!!

Now here's a different angle of why our band is great:
    from their fan board . . .

"I was talkin with Dr. Van today, and everyone agrees (the Tech) band is awesome. we were discussing why, and then it hit us, although I don't know for sure, but they are a tech school. Most people don't go to tech schools for music. So the few bands they do have, they put their heart and sould in. Which is awesome for them. I think there are lots of us who would like to put more time in it, but when your in symphonic winds, jazz band, road runner review, brass quintet's, keeping up with your lesson work, and then your classes, and any other ensembles outside the school (a few guys do drum corps, or gig around the city) It's hard to find time to get things exactly the way we want them. La Tech puts time in their band and it shows! It's awesome! Just letting you guys know why its so hard to get things to change in the RRR. I know excuses are like a**holes and everyone has them... but i'm using one now."

I guess that's kinda why our alumni financial support sux. We don't have graduates of our own law school or medical school (just the cream of the crop of other schools!). . . CPAs and Engineers are too frugal with their money . . . .:icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

I know the troop sounded good at the LSU Tech womens basketball game.

+ Reply to Thread