+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WNIT

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: WNIT

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Good! It's a waste of $$$ to spend one more dime on these seniors. Now for the younger players they could have used the experience I guess but I like this move. Now the real question is if this were our men getting offered a NIT slot, with this record, would JO accept? Does the treatment difference between the men's and women's BB teams at TECH continue?
    I think it depends. With the WNIT, it's a losing proposition. The Lady Techsters do not make money off the WNIT even if they win the whole thing which wouldn't happen. On the flip side, I think the men can at least break even on the NIT. It's really a no brainer if you think about it, and I actually applaud this move for financial reasons alone. The fact that it will send a message to the underclassmen and future recruits is just an added bonus.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think it depends. With the WNIT, it's a losing proposition. The Lady Techsters do not make money off the WNIT even if they win the whole thing which wouldn't happen. On the flip side, I think the men can at least break even on the NIT. It's really a no brainer if you think about it, and I actually applaud this move for financial reasons alone. The fact that it will send a message to the underclassmen and future recruits is just an added bonus.
    I agree.

Puppy Hoss has turned a few heads around hereHoss has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I would take it and play hard to win it. I am displeased that they turned it down.

Being proud is great. Appearing to be arrogant is wrong!

I can't believe Tech turned this down!! OH MY GOSH!! Like someone else said, it's not like Tech got screwed out of the NCAA tourney, and now is gonna act like a 2 year old and refuse to go to the NIT. They are just a mediocre team this year and did not deserve to go to the NCAA. I would think they would "capitalize" on this "down" year and go play the NIT.
    I'm very disappointed in Tech's decision. That's pretty crappy. Enough said.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

As much as I would have liked Long to try to win the WNIT without the seniors, I'm glad the season is over.

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post

Everything is financial now huh? Winning doesn't mean anything anymore does it? What the hell are we recruiting basketball players for?? We should be recruiting stockbrokers and financial planners. This just shows that our athletics program is as about as low as one can get. And if the football team doesnt lay down the law like my Tech magazine says then we're really in trouble. It is a shame that our once proud program is in shambles. It makes you want to cry.

One thing I can assure everyone though, if the Lady Techster program isn't fixed, none of the other programs will be successful. Yeah, maybe wbb doesn't bring in the big bucks but the Lady Techsters brought a winning attitude which I think is very underrated.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I don't mind turning down the NIT invite at all.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

This team doesn't deserve post season play. They didn't make the NCAA and were not a lock for the NIT. Had Boise lost they would have most likely gotten the automatic pick from the WAC and we would have been an at large bid.

This is being used as an object lesson and next season starts today. Its a hard lesson, but I hope it is capitalized on by the players as well as the administration.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    This team doesn't deserve post season play. They didn't make the NCAA and were not a lock for the NIT. Had Boise lost they would have most likely gotten the automatic pick from the WAC and we would have been an at large bid.

This is being used as an object lesson and next season starts today. Its a hard lesson, but I hope it is capitalized on by the players as well as the administration.
    AMEN

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It is stupid to turn down post season play unless Long doesn't think the team can win it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It is stupid to turn down post season play unless Long doesn't think the team can win it.
    He knows we can't win it! Good grief UTA beat/killed SFA by 21 points (who beat us) to get to the NCAA's yesterday.

That's the UTA Lady Mavericks or something folks!

We sucked this year. Period
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 03-11-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogeatdogworld View Post
    Everything is financial now huh? Winning doesn't mean anything anymore does it? What the hell are we recruiting basketball players for?? We should be recruiting stockbrokers and financial planners. This just shows that our athletics program is as about as low as one can get. And if the football team doesnt lay down the law like my Tech magazine says then we're really in trouble. It is a shame that our once proud program is in shambles. It makes you want to cry.

One thing I can assure everyone though, if the Lady Techster program isn't fixed, none of the other programs will be successful. Yeah, maybe wbb doesn't bring in the big bucks but the Lady Techsters brought a winning attitude which I think is very underrated.
    You crack me up. It never fails. You start off almost making decent points then you go ruin the post by saying the most assinine things.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

So is that the case>Did they turn down the NIT. believe me I can't stomach a loss to ULL. and trust me they will kill Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    So is that the case>Did they turn down the NIT. believe me I can't stomach a loss to ULL. and trust me they will kill Tech.
    Yes, we have turned it down. Article in today's paper.

Thanks goodness. Let's just put this season behind us. I am looking forward to next year already.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Smart decision. This overall athletics season (football, womens basketball, mens basketball, and maybe baseball too) is one of the most embarrassing and pathetically uninspiring that I've witnessed since becoming a Louisiana Tech fan in the late 1970s. Again, I'm talking collective sports.

Why would we want yet another embarrassing loss to yet another unknown team in the WNIT? Somebody shoot this athletics season, bury it deep in the woods, and don't tell a sole where to find the evidence.

As Roberto Duran would so "No Mas, No Mas"!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I bet the Techsters take the WNIT bid next year . . .
    Unfortunately I believe you are correct.

+ Reply to Thread