+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lady Vols

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Question Lady Vols

Not that I'm a Lady Vols fan but I gotta ask - do the NCAA women's tourney "experts" hate Pat Summit? Last year they didn't get a #1 seed ( which they deserved, IMHO ) & this year they get that seeding BUT are placed into the toughest regional ( w/defending champion Maryland; Oklahoma w/Courtney Paris; & Ohio State plus the team w/the longest winning streak in the nation - Middle Tenn. ) Maybe it's just sour grapes to me to hear that they're now the ONLY school to have made all the NCAA tourneys. Just really couldn't get into the women's selection show like in years past - wonder why?:bigcry:

Gene

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Lady Vols

I agree. It does seem that Tenn gets the toughest brackets year in and year out. They were slammed in this year's bracket, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them not make it to the Final Four.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Not that I'm a Lady Vols fan but I gotta ask - do the NCAA women's tourney "experts" hate Pat Summit? Last year they didn't get a #1 seed ( which they deserved, IMHO ) & this year they get that seeding BUT are placed into the toughest regional ( w/defending champion Maryland; Oklahoma w/Courtney Paris; & Ohio State plus the team w/the longest winning streak in the nation - Middle Tenn. ) Maybe it's just sour grapes to me to hear that they're now the ONLY school to have made all the NCAA tourneys. Just really couldn't get into the women's selection show like in years past - wonder why?:bigcry:

Gene
    I don't think that they hate Pat Summitt. I just think that they got so tired of seeing Tennessee and Connecticut in the finals that they decided to put one team (maybe both haven't paid much attention to UCONN) in a tough bracket hoping they won't make the Final Four. This way it could give other teams (one who may have never been in the Final Four or not in a long time) the opportunity...for the NCAA to make more money. If Tennessee ends up playing Middle, it shouldn't be too hard to the Lady Vols. They kicked the crap out of them earlier in the season. I am happy that Middle Tennessee has done so well this year, but I don't think they are better that Tennessee. Middle will continue to do well in the future. Their coach used to run the top AAU program in Tennessee when he was a high school coach in Shelbyville, TN. His son now runs the program.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking at the brackets. Boise has about the best chance possible to make it to a S16. It will be interesting how they do. As long as their nerves don't get to them in their first tourney since 1992, they could knock off George Washington and, although difficult, give A&M a run for their money. A&M is a great team this year, but not flawless.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have lsu going to the S16, but getting crushed by ODU there. If they hadn't had all the turmoil, I would have given them the advantage to the FF.

Also, I have Middle Tennessee advancing to the S16 - maybe even E8, but doubtful.

Puppy RaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the earsRaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the earsRaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the earsRaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the earsRaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the earsRaiderInTheZone seems to have something between the ears RaiderInTheZone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have lsu going to the S16, but getting crushed by ODU there. If they hadn't had all the turmoil, I would have given them the advantage to the FF.

Also, I have Middle Tennessee advancing to the S16 - maybe even E8, but doubtful.
    I was hoping that we would wind up in either North Carolina or UConn's bracket. Tennessee was the one bracket I didn't want to see us in because I don't think we can hang with UTK's quickness and athleticism as good as we are. Lo and behold, we are in Tennessee's bracket.

After Gonzaga, a 2nd round match-up with Ohio State is likely. OSU is most definitely beatable. I was hoping for a 6-seed snub so we could get paired with a #2 seed side of the bracket for a Sweet 16 matchup, but it didn't happen.

You players just have to go out and play with no reservations. I think Tennessee might have a psychological advantage, but OSU and, of course, Gonzaga would not. Good luck. I will be cheering you on.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Lady Vols

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderInTheZone View Post
    I was hoping that we would wind up in either North Carolina or UConn's bracket. Tennessee was the one bracket I didn't want to see us in because I don't think we can hang with UTK's quickness and athleticism as good as we are. Lo and behold, we are in Tennessee's bracket.

After Gonzaga, a 2nd round match-up with Ohio State is likely. OSU is most definitely beatable. I was hoping for a 6-seed snub so we could get paired with a #2 seed side of the bracket for a Sweet 16 matchup, but it didn't happen.
    Raider - Well, congrats anyway on making the dance & I KNOW ya'll will make your presence known in the tourney!! Glad 10c clued me into where your coach came from. I knew that he ran a very successful HS program but didn't know where. I've seen Shelbyville in the USA Today Top 25 EVERY year for the past decade + so with his son continuing the program ya'll will have a great pipeline of recruits to your Lady Raiders!! Be sure & send us some of the ones ya'll don't want. Maybe by then we'll have a HC who can do something with all the talent!! :icon_wink: Ooops - did I just go THERE again!!! :icon_wink:
    Go, Lady Raiders!!!

Gene

+ Reply to Thread