+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite scene in a movie

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Favorite scene in a movie

Just watched one...

at the end of Sleepless in Seattle where they meet athe top of the Empire Stte buiding

it's kind of hokey, but a good scene nonetheless

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Favorite scene in a movie

there are quite a few others I can think of, but I'll wait for some responses

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

-"God Doc, why are you out here anyway?"

"Wyatt Earp is my friend."

-"Hell, I got lots of friends."

"I don't."
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Animal House, when Blutarski (Melushi) is on the ladder at the sorority house

I lol every time

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    -"God Doc, why are you out here anyway?"

"Wyatt Earp is my friend."

-"Hell, I got lots of friends."

"I don't."
    Excellent Johnny. I was thinking of that one. Tombstone has a bunch.

How about the scene where Wyatt is bitch slapping Billy Bob Thornton's character.

"Well are going to do something or are you just gonna stand there and bleed."

Another good Western scene is the end of Unforgiven when Clint Eastwood Kills everyone in that bar and talks some smack with Gene Hackman.

The end of Pulp Fiction in the diner is good.

Too many good ones to list.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I would ask if the bell ringing scene in Deep Throat counted, but then some of you might not understand that I have reformed since my offshore days. I would then never get your vote for president.

So, instead I will nominate the scene in Arthur immediately following Hopson's death where Authur has a discussion with a drunk about Communist and dancers. That is one funny scene.

Caddy Shack, when Bill Murray is knocking the crap out of the mums

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Legends of the Fall -

When the guy is killed by the bear and they say "It was a good death". Always liked that scene.

Galen Rockett

Stripes -

you're a lean, mean fighting machine

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Can't stand rudeness in a man. Won't tolerate it. - Capt. Woodrow Call

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Jose Wales

I realize that these are famous lines, but the scenes either before or after are some of my favorites.

Other lines. You pick the movie and scene...

Try the veal. It's the best in the city.

What 'choo lookin' at?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

This will show you how many kids movies I've been watching, but two of my favorite scenes of all time are from recent animated movies.

First, the scene at the end of Over the Hedge where they finally give Hammy one of the caffeinated energy drinks. Watching that squirrel stroll around at the speed of light cracks me up every time!

Second, the scene in the middle of Robots where all of the characters are trying to go to sleep and Rodney decides to have a little fun. Here's the transcript, courtesy of the IMDB:

Rodney Copperbottom: Hey Fender.
    [Rodney does arm farts]
    Fender: Yeah Baby, let 'er rip!
    [Rodney and Fender are doing arm farts]
    Crank: What are you guys, 3 years old? This is how a man does it.
    [Crank does arm farts]
    Piper: You guys are SO gross! Besides, this is how you do it.
    [Piper does arm farts]
    Aunt Fanny: Hey kids, get a load of this...
    [does BIG farts; Everyone is grossed out]
    Piper: Aunt Fanny, we were using our arms!
    Crank: Ugh, light a match!
    Lamppost: Lady... please... see a doctor...
    Lamppost: [the lamppost passes out]

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Another one -- in True Lies, when they bust into the trailer while Bill Paxton is trying to "close the deal" on Jamie Lee Curtis. Everything goes to hell in a handbasket, the macho Paxton turns into a puss, and the meak housewife Curtis starts fighting against the SWAT guys and kicks Tom Arnold in the nuts!

Which reminds me of another scene from that movie, when Curtis finally realizes her husband of all those years really isn't a salesman but a spy. Schwarzenegger has been given the truth serum and Curtis is asking him all kinds of questions, including:

Helen Tasker: Have you ever killed anyone?
    Harry: Yeah, but they were all bad.

and:

Helen Tasker: Are we going to die?
    Harry: Yes.

But it all ends with Schwarzenegger talking trash (while still in his drug induced state of truth-telling) with the guy who is going to torture them to death:

Harry Tasker: First I'm gonna use you as a human shield, then I gonna kill this guard over there, with the Patterson trocar on the table. Then I was thinking about breaking your neck.
    Samir: And how are you going to do all that?
    Harry: You know my handcuffs?
    Samir: Hmm...
    Harry: [hold his hands up] I picked them.

Man, there are so many great scenes in that movie!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Pulp Fiction with Samuel L in the young guy's apartment:

Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
    Brett: What?
    Jules: What country you from?
    Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
    Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERF***ER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?
    Brett: Yes!
    Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!
    Brett: Yes!
    Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!
    Brett: What, I-?
    Jules: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherf***er. Say what one more ***damn time.
    Brett: He's b-b-black...
    Jules: Go on.
    Brett: He's bald...
    Jules: Does he look like a bitch?
    [Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]
    Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
    Brett: No!
    Jules: Then why you try to f*** him like a bitch, Brett?
    Brett: I didn't.
    Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to f*** him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be f***ed by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

While we're on Pulp Fiction, how about:

"I just shot Marvin in the face!"

But, I think my favorite scene in that movie is the car cleaning rant by Jules. "I'm a mushroom cloud laying..."

I just remembered another great scene -- this one from Ocean's Eleven. Don Cheadle's character has just gotten caught trying to rob a large safe, and Brad Pitt shows up at the crime scene acting like a federal agent. He convinces the local cops to hand over Cheadle, and then slips him a bomb while doing a fake body search. They then calmly walk out of the crime scene and start running once the bomb blows up a police car.

Of course, the whole ending of Ocean's Eleven is classic. You are shown the whole gig and everything comes off perfectly. You suddenly realize that nothing in the last 20 minutes of the movie was unplanned!

+ Reply to Thread