+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lorio

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Lorio

I would like to see A Lorio get a chance starting a game. He's flown a little below radar but he has come in and pitched well almost every outing. He looks to be throwing in the 90mph range, does anyone know what he has topped out at?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Lorio

I think he may get a shot at some mid week starts coming up -

He has kinda seperated himself from the pack right now -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think he may get a shot at some mid week starts coming up -

He has kinda seperated himself from the pack right now -
    Have you seen the Bradshaw kid pitch yet? The game I saw him pitch was the best of times and the worst of times. Looked very good for a few innings and then turned into a freshman. That being said he looks like he has a chance to be a good pitcher for Tech. According to the boxscore he didn't do bad at Lamar except for a couple of throwing errors. Although its a good problem to have I'm curious what Wade will do at 3rd base with Bunting, c Jones and Kerston. All three are playing well but with Bunting hitting over .500 its tough to platoon him. C Jones has more power and Kerston more speed. Glad I'm not the coach. Same scenario in the outfield besides Rike. PT is really playing well and getting more playing time, hitting close to .400. Like I said good problem to have.

Puppy Fastball is an unknown

He topped out @ 95 mph against Toledo and 94 mph against Lamar!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I like Lorio as the closer instead of mid week starter. Mid week could be Jamey and Jericho or any other pitcher Sim doesn't think is getting enough work on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    He topped out @ 95 mph against Toledo and 94 mph against Lamar!
    Thats bringing it pretty good! I think he's ready to turn the corner and be a dominating pitcher for us.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I like Lorio as the closer instead of mid week starter. Mid week could be Jamey and Jericho or any other pitcher Sim doesn't think is getting enough work on weekends.
    Our starting pitching still looks very shakey to me right now -

I think we need him on the mound in a different fashion other than a closer -

Hudson, Bradshaw and Alsup all have given good solid outings throughout the year out of the pen -

Lorio is now beginning to step up -

Really need 8 strong guys -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I can see Lorio as our closer but with Rupe still trying to regain his 2005 form we might need a 3rd weekend starter. Of course some pitchers pitch better in different roles. Knotts has thrown pretty well at times, not sure if he could be a starter, has had problems with his arm in the past and might be better suited to be middle reliever. I still would like to see Alsup as a starter but on his radio show Wade said he wanted to keep Alsup and Hudson in the middle. Can't argue with that. I think we're real close to being pretty good.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Our starting pitching still looks very shakey to me right now -

I think we need him on the mound in a different fashion other than a closer -

Hudson, Bradshaw and Alsup all have given good solid outings throughout the year out of the pen -

Lorio is now beginning to step up -

Really need 8 strong guys -
    I would also like to see Jericho coming out of the pen in short relief. Not sure if he has done that this year but I think that might solve some of his pitching problems because it usually is after the hitters get use to him they are able to score some runs. Any ideas on who else can step up?

Just for fun:

Game 1 Luke
    Game 2 Mosely
    Game 3 Lorio

Middle relief: Bradshaw, Hudson, Braud, Knotts

Closers: Alsup
    Rupert

Midweek: middle guys that didn't pitch much; Lassere, Richard, almost forgot about Rike.

Also if Jericho can get back to 2006 form and healthy.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Can anyone find out how hard Rike was throwing against Lamar?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    My brother-in-law was at the game. He said he threw good but didn't mention how hard he was throwing. I'll give him a call and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Talked to bro in law. Of course he didn't have a radar gun but he said it appeared that he wasn't throwing extremely hard, maybe 83-85 but was impressed more with his off-speed stuff. Interesting.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Talked to bro in law. Of course he didn't have a radar gun but he said it appeared that he wasn't throwing extremely hard, maybe 83-85 but was impressed more with his off-speed stuff. Interesting.
    More like 86-88 I heard, w/ some 90's mixed in.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Maybe this is a stupid question, but, if Rike, Hudson, and Jones are in the game, and say Jones is pitching. Can Hudson swap with Jones and then swap back? Or, once a pitcher leaves the mound, is he done for the day pitching?

Does this question even make sense?

+ Reply to Thread