+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of you are probably wondering...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Some of you are probably wondering...

About the BBQ grill we raised some money for last fall that was to be installed at JC Love field -

Well it is almost finished and should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks -

6 ft X 1 1/2 ft of cooking steel -

Here are some pictures -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Some of you are probably wondering...

Talking about grills, I like this one this southern miss fan has...it's nice.
    http://ccs178.com/goldeneaglepix/Tailgating_2003?page=2

Last edited by qng001; 03-15-2007 at 02:21 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Evidently someone didn't like you linking to the pic -

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Pretty cool. Some of us need those things as big as possible!

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

where will the grill be "installed"?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Lexie's mistress ain't bad, either. Reference to Mississippi Southern tailgate pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    where will the grill be "installed"?
    At the baseball stadium - somewhere around the covered hitting area and bullpen - that's my guess -

This grill is solely for the use of the team and those who sponsor the team by providing meals to the team and the visiting team -

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    At the baseball stadium - somewhere around the covered hitting area and bullpen - that's my guess -

This grill is solely for the use of the team and those who sponsor the team by providing meals to the team and the visiting team -
    I wonder if someone could sell burgers and hotdogs during the games and the profit go straight to the Team instead of to the consession people? Maybe not every game but say on Saturdays during April at $5 a pop? The girls could walk around preselling them and handing out tickets to people who bought one and then deliver them back to the people when they are ready. Hell, I would throw in some money, with others here I'm sure, to help pay for the burgers and we can call them BB&B Burgers. Don't bash me people. It's different. And at least it's an idea of how to increase revenue. If it could be done I don't know.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I wonder if someone could sell burgers and hotdogs during the games and the profit go straight to the Team instead of to the consession people? Maybe not every game but say on Saturdays during April at $5 a pop? The girls could walk around preselling them and handing out tickets to people who bought one and then deliver them back to the people when they are ready. Hell, I would throw in some money, with others here I'm sure, to help pay for the burgers and we can call them BB&B Burgers. Don't bash me people. It's different. And at least it's an idea of how to increase revenue. If it could be done I don't know.
    That's a great idea excpet for having the girls deliver the burgers. That might get too confusing as people might tend to move around, etc... However, it should be no problem for the purchasers to redeem their tickets themselves. Afterall, it's not like they have to walk across campus.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

You can start selling the 1000 cal burger. The one the St. Louis minor league team started a couple years ago. I think selling a rib and cheese on sourdough would do pretty well. Make Ruston the home of the rib and cheese sandwich. I've looked all over the internet no one has a recipe or sells a rib and cheese.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    We can cook them and sell them to the concessionaires. Let's let them do their job (and the grillers would make a little money off the concessionaires) and keep everyone happy and well-fed.
    BTW, Dwayne, I like your grill (after it's finished out with the proper logos) much, much better than the one previously linked in this thread.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 03-16-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: clarify grillers wuld make a little money
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Some of you are probably wondering...

With the swirling winds at JC Love, the aroma of grilled burgers & sausage would permeate the grandstand and be almost unresistable to purchase. I know it's for the team but I think it could be used to make the whole game watching experience even better ( ala the giant pig where they grill burgers at Baum stadium in Fayetteville)

We've discussed the idea of selling burgers as a fundraiser - but that was shut down....

One of the "agreements" made was that we would not compete with the consessionaires....

That doesn't mean that will not be able to think of some unique fund raising avenue - just give us some time....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

We've discussed the idea of selling burgers as a fundraiser - but that was shut down....

One of the "agreements" made was that we would not compete with the consessionaires....

That doesn't mean that will not be able to think of some unique fund raising avenue - just give us some time....
    How about approaching some businesses and see if they can be sold a company picnic to take place before the game in which the grill would be utilized to grill whatever foods they wanted to be grilled. The cost of the package would include tickets to the game as well as maybe a base running for the kids after the game and signed baseballs for each family in attendance. It's done before the game, so it wouldn't be in competition with the concessions and if done right and not a distraction, maybe the people could meet the team and coaches which would picque the interest of the kids and maybe develop some following for the future? Baseball supporters could do the grilling and serving, etc...

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I should have figured you already had some ideas.

+ Reply to Thread