+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central Arkansas

Guest BS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBS1994TECH Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Central Arkansas

Is this there 1st year as Divsion 1?

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Re: Central Arkansas

Last Year was there first season in D 1-AA, If im not mistaken they went 8-3 not bad for a first year 1-AA team. Their cornerback is a really good football player Tristian Jackson lead their team with 6 ints and brought one back for a Touchdown.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

They were IAA independant last year and have joined the SLC this year. They lost a couple good players but have the mindset to move up and improve.

Bulldog ManzanoWolf isn't thought very highly of around hereManzanoWolf isn't thought very highly of around hereManzanoWolf isn't thought very highly of around hereManzanoWolf isn't thought very highly of around here ManzanoWolf's Avatar

Football Re: Central Arkansas

UCA will come into Ruston expecting to win; I suspect their goal was to move from D2 to D-1AA to D1-A as quickly as they can. The following is from their website:

The Bears, 8-3 last year and with a Top 25 finish in their first season in NCAA Division I, signed six student-athletes from Louisiana, five from Texas, three from Mississippi and Oklahoma, and one each from Tennessee, California, South Carolina and New Mexico.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?a...1&article=1689
    Freedom Is Not Free !!!
    Home of the Free because of the Brave.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManzanoWolf View Post
    UCA will come into Ruston expecting to win; I suspect their goal was to move from D2 to D-1AA to D1-A as quickly as they can.

LOL. So? Newsflash: Jack (just hang around til the 4th quarter and hope something good happens) Bicknell III is no longer the coach.

UCA will be steamrolled (unless Tech decides to give it's young players some game experience in the 2nd half).

Bulldog bigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around here bigjimfolsom's Avatar

The most impressive point was UCA only had 37 scholly players compared to 65 that 1-AA schools get.
    What does that say about Conque's coaching skill?

Jason Martin
    University of Nevada
    Tech '04

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Conque is a good coach and recruiter, and they had a nice OT win over Georgia Southern last year. However the rest of their schedule was very weak- Henderson State, Illinois State, Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin, South Dakota, South Dakota State, UC Davis, Sam Houston St, Southern Arkansas, Augustana.

Again, there is a new coach at Tech now who has Division 1-A NCAA Championship and NFL experience. He will not half-ass prepare for games like we've done for the last embarrassing decade.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by ManzanoWolf View Post
    UCA will come into Ruston expecting to win; I suspect their goal was to move from D2 to D-1AA to D1-A as quickly as they can. The following is from their website:

The Bears, 8-3 last year and with a Top 25 finish in their first season in NCAA Division I, signed six student-athletes from Louisiana, five from Texas, three from Mississippi and Oklahoma, and one each from Tennessee, California, South Carolina and New Mexico.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?a...1&article=1689
    I talked to Conque and he said that was not a goal. They intend on having their own nitch in I-AA, ala McNeese.

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I talked to Conque and he said that was not a goal. They intend on having their own nitch in I-AA, ala McNeese.
    UCA's revenue hasn't caught up yet with the costs associated with Division I. Moving football from FCS to FBS isn't close to being on the agenda yet.

Puppy JoshUCA is an unknown JoshUCA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Conque is a good coach and recruiter, and they had a nice OT win over Georgia Southern last year. However the rest of their schedule was very weak- Henderson State, Illinois State, Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin, South Dakota, South Dakota State, UC Davis, Sam Houston St, Southern Arkansas, Augustana.

Again, there is a new coach at Tech now who has Division 1-A NCAA Championship and NFL experience. He will not half-ass prepare for games like we've done for the last embarrassing decade.
    I am not defending our schedule at all b/c it was a weak schedule, but I think it worked very well for our first DI schedule. This years schedule is much better (NO sub DI teams). I don't expect to go down to Ruston and win, but I also don't expect to go down there and get steamrolled...I expect will we be competitive in all of our games this season, but the win total will more than likely drop off from last year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkstfan View Post
    UCA's revenue hasn't caught up yet with the costs associated with Division I. Moving football from FCS to FBS isn't close to being on the agenda yet.
    What are the rules in arkansas about student fees for athletics. They've got a pretty good size student body.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoshUCA View Post
    I am not defending our schedule at all b/c it was a weak schedule, but I think it worked very well for our first DI schedule. This years schedule is much better (NO sub DI teams). I don't expect to go down to Ruston and win, but I also don't expect to go down there and get steamrolled...I expect will we be competitive in all of our games this season, but the win total will more than likely drop off from last year.
    You guys did a fantastic job last year and have a lot to be proud of. I think you have what it takes to be successful and to have a nice run. Good Luck.

Puppy JoshUCA is an unknown JoshUCA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You guys did a fantastic job last year and have a lot to be proud of. I think you have what it takes to be successful and to have a nice run. Good Luck.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread