+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Memorable Tech Teachers - Add Yours

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Memorable Tech Teachers - Add Yours

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    RougeDawg, were you there when they kidnapped his fuzzy dice and mailed him ransom letters showing hooded people dangling them from Wyly tower and Marty Kent kicking them through the uprights? He posted all this outside his office and it was hilarious. They were wanting the answers to the CE 291 final.
    Dr. Griffith is probably the picture they put in the dictionary under academic. He had a great sense of humor - he even had court with a couple of classes his first few years.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

This is one of the best threads on this board. It just shows that after all the arguing, debating, etc, that we are all TECH people. Maybe after reading this thread, we won't be "those internet guys" anymore. :icon_wink:

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

My name on this board is named after Dr. Richard B. Howe.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    My name on this board is named after Dr. Richard B. Howe.
    What was your relationship to him?

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    What was your relationship to him?
    That would be his son R.C. Howe!! He looks and drinks just like his dad!!:icon_wink:

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

best TEACHER, by far, was dr. fracis jones. he would fill up two full-wall chalkboards deriving a formula, then go back and erase the first part so he could finish it, but he was a truly great teacher. i learned more from his transport class than any other class at Tech. he was denied tenure because the bean counters said he wasn't published enough. sick.

dr. ronald thompson was also a superb teacher and amazing person.
    dr. baron's cryo class was great.

dr. dixie griffin: "interfere not in the affairs of wizzards, for you are crunchy and good with catsup."

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    That would be his son R.C. Howe!! He looks and drinks just like his dad!!:icon_wink:
    True dat Bergo Jr!!!!!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Dr. John Price. Embarassed the hell out of me one day in class for not paying attention (still got an A, thank you very much) A couple of years later we were doing a play together and I brought up to him how much of an a$$ he was to me that day. He just laughed and laughed... Great man, and wicked sense of humor.

Dr. Samaha was in the same play...gave me the creeps then...thanks DFM for bringing him back into my memory...thought that memory was erased.

Favorite was Mrs. Mitchell for English (think her first name was Ruth). I think she passed away a few years ago, but I'll never forget her starting the quarter with gray hair, but very slowly was a brunette by the end of the quarter. Venus Lacy sat beside me and we'd always talk and wonder how she dyed her hair so slowly. Never seen anything like that in my life.

Dr Wylie and I never got along. Still don't like the man.

Other than that, I don't remember too many professors from my undergraduate days.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    RougeDawg, were you there when they kidnapped his fuzzy dice and mailed him ransom letters showing hooded people dangling them from Wyly tower and Marty Kent kicking them through the uprights? He posted all this outside his office and it was hilarious. They were wanting the answers to the CE 291 final.
    I was around during that. My favorites were the dice making the trip to Texas Stadium and being dangled over a wet well with a pitchfork. I think that went on for about a year!

I was in class with him the day the dice were returned. Three LOUD knocks on the door followed by a guy dressed in a Grim Reaper outfit (best I can remember) walked in and tossed the dice to Griffin. He started to turn and walk out when Dr. Griffin asked him who he was . . . the guy turned and took the mask off. Can't remember WHO it was now! One of the best, and longest, practical jokes I have ever withnessed.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Anna Mitchell...a very nice lady.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread