+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in NCAA '08?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

What would you like to see in NCAA '08?

They hardly change anything from year to year. What would you like to see? I think the polls could use some work (just like in real life) and of course they'll need to add UA's "wildcat" package and the two great trick plays from the Feista Bowl into BSU's set.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: What would you like to see in NCAA '08?

Stadium expansion in dynasty mode.

The ability to switch between various dummy formations on the fly (think Boise State) before snapping the ball, and all-in-all more pre-snap motion stuff to work with (only being able to move one player is WEAK)

A better no-huddle system is a must!

Custom soundtracks. Don't see why this isn't in there already.

And, on a much smaller note, having your running back line up as the QB in the shotgun formation should be an available package. I'm sure that'll be in this year, though, what with Arkansas's Wildcat gaining notariety.

Recruiting should also be much more in-depth. They need to play a little College Hoops 2k7 from 2K Sports to see how it SHOULD be done.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'd like to see more reality in scheduling.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'd like pre-game shots like tailgating so that when Tech plays a home game, they can have the "JOakes on us" sign.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'd like to see more reality in scheduling.
    Is this a suggestion for the video game or JOakes?:icon_wink:

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post

The ability to switch between various dummy formations on the fly (think Boise State) before snapping the ball, and all-in-all more pre-snap motion stuff to work with (only being able to move one player is WEAK)

And, on a much smaller note, having your running back line up as the QB in the shotgun formation should be an available package. I'm sure that'll be in this year, though, what with Arkansas's Wildcat gaining notariety.

Recruiting should also be much more in-depth. They need to play a little College Hoops 2k7 from 2K Sports to see how it SHOULD be done.
    Stadium expansion would be really nice. Hard to do since each stadium is completely customized for each college.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Stadium expansion would be really nice. Hard to do since each stadium is completely customized for each college.
    Not on the xBox360. I turned it on after Christmas to find out that Tech has a pretty sweet bowl. I hope the next one is more accurate and will allow for me and Dooley's Dawgs to build that sucker up.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Just thought of another one -- punters and kickers shouldn't be allowed to go pro early.

That never happens in real life, and it irritates the hell out of me when it happens in the game.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Just thought of another one -- punters and kickers shouldn't be allowed to go pro early.

That never happens in real life, and it irritates the hell out of me when it happens in the game.
    Didn't Janikowski leave Fla. St. early?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Didn't Janikowski leave Fla. St. early?
    Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebasti...legal_troubles

This is different. The game works on stats -- the better your guys do, the more likely they are to leave early. Since you eventually begin to sign all the best talent in the country, your offense will churn out some amazing figures. This leads to more field goals and touchdowns (and, thus, extra points).

Point being, you can assume with 85% accuracy that your redshirt sophomore placekicker will go pro. When your building a powerhouse, keeping 2 or 3 kickers on the roster as a result of this is a royal pain in the ass.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Not on the xBox360. I turned it on after Christmas to find out that Tech has a pretty sweet bowl. I hope the next one is more accurate and will allow for me and Dooley's Dawgs to build that sucker up.
    The xbox360 version this year was very basic. Look for better details in 08. Hopefully they will have the gameplay down so they can now add the stadiums and all the modes that were on the other platforms.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Sure it is harder to do but they should have started working on it when Utah made the BCS. Now that a second non BCS teams has made some BCS noise a "Mid-Major" mode/Non BCS would sale. Heck Z is the coverboy this year. If they are not planning to attempt these changes for atleast one year then they are missing out on a HUGE market opportunity that could also revolutionize the game and make NCAA so much better than Madden. Dynasty is already too easy (even on Heisman). Throw in money. That way you force the teams to make more realistic schedules, encourage stadium expansion when you constantly pack the stadium, and just have a more realistic college scenario. You could even have some way to spend money to advertise players for the Heisman (star players being out there helps recruiting). Someone needs to email these lists to EA Sports to see why they can't add gameplay like this.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I like the way you can get invited to different conferences, but I think if you're going to have that feature for the user-controlled teams, the computer controlled teams should move when it makes sense as well.
    For example, Boise and Houston have each played in several BCS bowls during the dynasty I have been playing (for a created team). I wish there was a feature where conferences would randomly add teams.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Off-subject, but how is the recruiting and gameplay in that game?

I want a good college b-ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Off-subject, but how is the recruiting and gameplay in that game?

I want a good college b-ball game.
    Best college bball game on the market. And at 20 bucks, you can't beat it.

+ Reply to Thread