+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey Fox and Lum, read it and weep

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Hey Fox and Lum, read it and weep

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    This is kind of off the subject, but in another thread we talked about using the TAC to host other events. This would be an exceptionally wonderful event to host in the TAC. I'll bet we'd get a sellout crowd. How does one go about trying to schedule something like that?
    The WWE Wont come unless they can sell alcohol in the TAC.

Lum,

Most of these matches are on the fly but some of them are gone over move for move over and over again. Thats why they have house shows and the "dark" match. You know this.

As far as Hogan come on man, I love the Hulkster but he is farrrrrrrrrrrrr from a great wrestler, in fact he is horrible, he knows how to work a mic and the crowd and thats how you get over. Flair, HBK great wrestlers with great Mic Skills.

And By the way great to see the Rock back at least for a night..By far the best EVER to work a mic and we dont have a close second IMO.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    As far as Hogan come on man, I love the Hulkster but he is farrrrrrrrrrrrr from a great wrestler, in fact he is horrible, he knows how to work a mic and the crowd and thats how you get over. Flair, HBK great wrestlers with great Mic Skills.
    You're insane if you don't think Hulk Hogan was a great wrestler. Wrestling moves do not a great wrestler make. Eliciting the absolute maximum reaction from the crowd does. You don't have to do moonsaults and german suplexes to be a great wrestler.

Prime example being Freebird Michael Hayes. He knew all of 3 or 4 moves, but got more reaction out of the fans than 99.9% of all wrestlers that have ever lived. He was great.

Sometimes you find performers that can both get huge reactions and roll around on the mat with the best of 'em (like Flair or Steamboat), but you don't have to be great (or even good) at the latter to be a great pro wrestler.

This is, of course, a timeless debate and one that goes on ad nauseum on the Internet, but I'm sticking by my guns here. Hogan was an all time great pro grappler.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    You're insane if you don't think Hulk Hogan was a great wrestler. Wrestling moves do not a great wrestler make. Eliciting the absolute maximum reaction from the crowd does. You don't have to do moonsaults and german suplexes to be a great wrestler.

Prime example being Freebird Michael Hayes. He knew all of 3 or 4 moves, but got more reaction out of the fans than 99.9% of all wrestlers that have ever lived. He was great.

Sometimes you find performers that can both get huge reactions and roll around on the mat with the best of 'em (like Flair or Steamboat), but you don't have to be great (or even good) at the latter to be a great pro wrestler.

This is, of course, a timeless debate and one that goes on ad nauseum on the Internet, but I'm sticking by my guns here. Hogan was an all time great pro grappler.

Like I said I love the Hulkster he can work a crowd. That MAKES you in PRO Wrestling. He knows how to get the people behind him, when to start HULKLING UP but as far as skill wise he is at the bottom of the totem pole.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Like I said I love the Hulkster he can work a crowd. That MAKES you in PRO Wrestling. He knows how to get the people behind him, when to start HULKLING UP but as far as skill wise he is at the bottom of the totem pole.
    Totally agreed. At the bottom of the list in "amatuer" skill but at or near the top of it in terms of "pro" ability.

I went absolutely bat s--- when he Hulked Up on Rock at WrestleMania. That's when I really grasped just how good the guy was.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Hey you two, where's my green for giving you another venue to talk about wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Hey you two, where's my green for giving you another venue to talk about wrestling.
    Check's in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Totally agreed. At the bottom of the list in "amatuer" skill but at or near the top of it in terms of "pro" ability.

I went absolutely bat s--- when he Hulked Up on Rock at WrestleMania. That's when I really grasped just how good the guy was.

Agreed! That was a moment for sure.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

You know, I never really got into raslin', but my father used to watch it when I was a kid. For some reason when I was little, I just liked watching two in particular. I have to give shoutouts for my favorite two from when I was a kid...Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat and Jake "the Snake" Roberts. Then of course I have to give my props to the Nature Boy.

Okay, I'm spent.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Right now -

I'm looking at a picture of Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Rick Steamboat, one of the Road Warriors and myself in the Funroe Airport circa 1991...

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Right now -

I'm looking at a picture of Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Rick Steamboat, one of the Road Warriors and myself in the Funroe Airport circa 1991...

Sweet.

+ Reply to Thread