+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blanco Dropping out of race

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Blanco Dropping out of race

I know this doesn't belong here and the mods can move it but thought you all might be interested in knowing this if you haven't already heard.

http://www.newshorn.com/index.php?op...686&Itemid=120

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Blanco Dropping out of race

Well...that's one bad candidate gone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    I know this doesn't belong here and the mods can move it but thought you all might be interested in knowing this if you haven't already heard.

http://www.newshorn.com/index.php?op...686&Itemid=120
    crappppppppp !!!!!!! i was hope'n she'd be just hardheaded enought to stick around.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

That's too bad. This was shaping up to be one of the funnest governor's races I've seen since Edwards vs. Duke. Oh, well.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I still think Jindal wins in a landslide. Who's going to run against him? "Bananas" Foster Campell?

Also, Breaux looks to be precluded from running.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...58/ADVERTISING

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    I still think Jindal wins in a landslide. Who's going to run against him? "Bananas" Foster Campell?

Also, Breaux looks to be precluded from running.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...58/ADVERTISING

I think Jindal wins in a landslide against anybody but Breaux. The question, as you have pointed out, will be if Breaux can worm his way into being able to run. If he can legitimately lay claim to running, then I think he beats Jindal.

Puppy scribe62 is an unknown

Not at all.

The law professor quoted in the article is a GOP partisan.

The courts are going to leave it up to the people to decide by whether they vote for him or not.

Jindal is not a shoo in. When two other Republicans, Boisso and Georges, are in the race with more than $2 million each to spend, they could take support away from him.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribe62 View Post
    Not at all.

The law professor quoted in the article is a GOP partisan.

The courts are going to leave it up to the people to decide by whether they vote for him or not.

Jindal is not a shoo in. When two other Republicans, Boisso and Georges, are in the race with more than $2 million each to spend, they could take support away from him.
    That law professor was a former professor of mine and he is very well respected on the national scene and is regularly featured as a guest on national news networks. He is a conservative, but is hardly GOP politician towing the party line and looking to paint a rosy picture for Jindal. Surely you're not stating that only democrat/liberal law professors have the ability to provide objective unbiased legal analysis?

Bassou and Georges will have less votes than Foster Campbell, combined.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

That law professor was a former professor of mine and he is very well respected on the national scene and is regularly featured as a guest on national news networks. He is a conservative, but is hardly GOP politician towing the party line and looking to paint a rosy picture for Jindal. Surely you're not stating that only democrat/liberal law professors have the ability to provide objective unbiased legal analysis?

Bassou and Georges will have less votes than Foster Campbell, combined.
    You make a good point 9701, but I have to believe that the legal people in the Democrat camp and John Breaux know the feasability of being able to run legally. I rather doubt he would risk tarnishing his reputation on such a huge blunder. If not, then he's a huge idiot and doesn't deserve to be elected.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I think Bosso will get more votes than Foster Campbell. Bosso has a lot of money to spend on his campaign.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You make a good point 9701, but I have to believe that the legal people in the Democrat camp and John Breaux know the feasability of being able to run legally. I rather doubt he would risk tarnishing his reputation on such a huge blunder. If not, then he's a huge idiot and doesn't deserve to be elected.
    Man, your old democrat blood still flows to some extent. It has already been documented that Breaux is NOT a citizen of Louisiana. He does not meet the current qulifications of being a candidate. Now all that being said, he will run. Our state, as usual, will overlook exsisting laws that forbid simple stuff like voter buying and current qualifying laws. The media will ignore the facts in hopes that they have something to report and that they will receive more revenue from a tightly contested race.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Man, your old democrat blood still flows to some extent. It has already been documented that Breaux is NOT a citizen of Louisiana. He does not meet the current qulifications of being a candidate. Now all that being said, he will run. Our state, as usual, will overlook exsisting laws that forbid simple stuff like voter buying and current qualifying laws. The media will ignore the facts in hopes that they have something to report and that they will receive more revenue from a tightly contested race.
    Always, antagonizing. That's okay. I'm sure you're still a little fuzzy from the chicken fat smell. Tell me. Have you been able to taste it in the water, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I tell you what. You republicans sure are worried about Breaux running. I think you all know that if he runs, Jindal loses again.

The following was taken from the shreveport times article I posted earlier:

"More importantly, if Breaux claims his Crowley residence never ceased to be his domicile, he has a much bigger legal problem than qualifying for governor. In 2005, Breaux requested and received a homestead exemption for his residence in Washington, D.C. The form he signed for the exemption, which clearly notifies the applicant that false statements are subject to criminal penalties, provides that "To apply for the exemption, you must: 1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia."

If Breaux somehow finds a way to run and gets elected does this mean Louisiana will have two governors in federal prison?

The following was taken from the shreveport times article I posted earlier:

"More importantly, if Breaux claims his Crowley residence never ceased to be his domicile, he has a much bigger legal problem than qualifying for governor. In 2005, Breaux requested and received a homestead exemption for his residence in Washington, D.C. The form he signed for the exemption, which clearly notifies the applicant that false statements are subject to criminal penalties, provides that "To apply for the exemption, you must: 1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia."

If Breaux somehow finds a way to run and gets elected does this mean Louisiana will have two governors in federal prison?
    I thought about that. I'd be willing to bet Breaux's got all that figured out.

+ Reply to Thread