+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weatherspoon?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Weatherspoon?

Quote Originally Posted by LT30 View Post
    I AM grown up, a lot more grown up than you wanta be's! I've seen more North LA basketball in my life than you "want be or has been" coaches have. Your posts show that you obviously haven't been watching girls basketball around here. And by the way, the manner in which this board bashes Coach Long and Coach Budke is awful! I know it's your opinion, but sometimes your opinion is very hurtfull to people who read this board. I'm certainly glad you all aren't in charge of recruiting or coaching for Lady Techster Basketball. Some people always have the answer. I used to laugh at the comments on this board until this year when the Techsters were losing and all most of you could do was bash the coaches and some of the players. I seriously doubt some of you who do the bashing have ever stepped on a court in a uniform, unless it was as a referee, and that would explain your comments!
    Fans bash coaches and players. It comes with the territory. And I've seen it happen right down into youth leagues! Is it right? Well, I'm not gonna say it's right or wrong. It just is. It's the reality. As a coach I've taken heat before....lots of it sometimes. After a few times you shake it off.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I AM grown up, a lot more grown up than you wanta be's! I've seen more North LA basketball in my life than you "want be or has been" coaches have. Your posts show that you obviously haven't been watching girls basketball around here. And by the way, the manner in which this board bashes Coach Long and Coach Budke is awful! I know it's your opinion, but sometimes your opinion is very hurtfull to people who read this board. I'm certainly glad you all aren't in charge of recruiting or coaching for Lady Techster Basketball. Some people always have the answer. I used to laugh at the comments on this board until this year when the Techsters were losing and all most of you could do was bash the coaches and some of the players. I seriously doubt some of you who do the bashing have ever stepped on a court in a uniform, unless it was as a referee, and that would explain your comments!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I interviewed for a college coaching job, at a time when I had only my bachelor's. The bachelor's was the minimum reqirement to even apply for the job. It wasn't a problem, but they mentioned in the interview process I should pursue a masters'. That was mostly because the job paid something like $30K and most coaches of minor sports supplemented their coaching salary by also teaching classes. You have to have at least a masters' to teach in college. I didn't get the job anyway.
    He is right. The masters isn't a must, but to be adjunct faculty you would need the minimum of a masters.

I have no idea about the losing credits after 10 years. I would hope not if you went back to the same school. I could see losing some if you tried to transfer. I really don't think she would be very far from a degree, I might be wrong.

I do know that your GRE scores etc are only vaild for a certain numbers of years then if you go for another degree you have to retest. I am having to decide about my Ph.D because my GRE scores are almost out. I am looking at North Texas because the lady said she would take my scores LOL. Its a doctorate in University Admin, so look out DR.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

LT30,

The only players mentoned by name were Emily and Tia, and if those comments bothered them than they need to get out of major college sports. The only thing I said was that I wasn't impressed bu either in high school. It was definitely no knock on Tia becasue I would hate to see where we would have been without her this year. She developed into our best and most dependble player.

As for your claim to have seen more girls basketball than anyone, be carefull what you say. You have no idea how much I have seen.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    He is right. The masters isn't a must, but to be adjunct faculty you would need the minimum of a masters.

I have no idea about the losing credits after 10 years. I would hope not if you went back to the same school. I could see losing some if you tried to transfer. I really don't think she would be very far from a degree, I might be wrong.

I do know that your GRE scores etc are only vaild for a certain numbers of years then if you go for another degree you have to retest. I am having to decide about my Ph.D because my GRE scores are almost out. I am looking at North Texas because the lady said she would take my scores LOL. Its a doctorate in University Admin, so look out DR.
    gre scores are valid for five years. i think i just passed year four, and it doesn't look like i'll be putting these scores to work. sucks, too, because i'm not sure i can do as well as i did again.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

1. That just screams "I'M A HIGH SCHOOL GIRL!!!".
    2. Budke EARNED his bashing.
    3. I actually DID play high-school ball (don't know what that has to do with anything), and most of my comments are no different than Champ's (I don't know if you did or not, Champ)
    4. It's a little thing called an OPINION!!! This board gives Tech fans across the country the ability to discuss each other's OPINIONS!!! If you don't like it, that's your OPINION!!! But don't tell us that we can't express our own OPINION!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Back to 'Spoon.
    She was just on the Today Show weather break at 9:04. With some kids wearing t-shirts and promoting her website.
    www.deweydoes.com
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy libertyfan is an unknown

I think Spoon actually does have her bachelor's degree in Health & Phys. Ed. I find it hard to believe that someone that intense about education wouldn't finish her degree. When she was at a Q/A session for Liberty season ticket holders a few months ago she mentioned wanting to get into coaching despite all the other stuff she's doing to keep herself busy. However, it was pretty clear that she meant at the professional level. Also, with all the other stuff she has going on in New York, including a pretty nice house, would she want to live in Louisiana year round?

+ Reply to Thread