+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill requiring Ultrasound prior to Abortion before SC House

Hybrid View

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Bill requiring Ultrasound prior to Abortion before SC House

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Bill requiring Ultrasound prior to Abortion before SC House

Some people are so twisted.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Some people are so twisted.
    Why not insure they know exactly what they're doing?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why not insure they know exactly what they're doing?
    Because it's a totally unnecessary expense. I imagine medical groups are pushing this just as much as the anti-abortion lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Because it's a totally unnecessary expense. I imagine medical groups are pushing this just as much as the anti-abortion lobby.
    Well worth it if it helps the woman make a better choice. What price do you put on life?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

On conscious life?

On conscious life?
    A fetus isn't conscious? It'll be a hoot reading your deduction of that one.

Yeah, a mole is the same thing as a fetus. Pro-choice folks make themselves look incredibly stupid with those types of comments.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

On conscious life?
    When do you propose consciousness begins? Cognitive ability obviously starts prior to birth.

Next thing they will make you watch the video display when they remove a rectal polyp with the assistance of a scope. That way you can make a more informed decision about whether you really want to have it removed.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Next thing they will make you watch the video display when they remove a rectal polyp with the assistance of a scope. That way you can make a more informed decision about whether you really want to have it removed.

I was about to post something about requiring biopsies on all moles I choose to have removed, but this one was better.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Actually, I asked for something similar one time. I was getting a cyst removed from my wrist and wanted to watch it, but they said they couldn't do that. I also wanted them to save it so I could see it. Didn't do that either. Also, had a scope done once. Asked if I could watch them scoping me because I wanted to see what the inside of my intestines looked like. Once again, they wouldn't do it-wouldn't even record it so I could watch it later. To be honest with you, I know you were being sarcastic, but that's very good idea. Let someone see a video of the procedure they are having done to make a better informed decision.
    Last edited by Dirtydawg; 03-22-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Actually, I asked for something similar one time. I was getting a cyst removed from my wrist and wanted to watch it, but they said they couldn't do that. I also wanted them to save it so I could see it. Didn't do that either. Also, had a scope done once. Asked if I could watch them scoping me because I wanted to see what the inside of my intestines looked like. Once again, they wouldn't do it-wouldn't even record it so I could watch it later. To be honest with you, I know you were being sarcastic, but that's very good idea. Let someone see a video of the procedure they are having done to make a better informed decision.
    I think that "let" is the key word. If someone want an ultrasound they can usually get it. Forcing them to see generally what the fetus looks like is hoping to provoke the would-be-mother to feel thoese 'motherly feelings' and change her mind about terminating pregnancy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think that "let" is the key word. If someone want an ultrasound they can usually get it. Forcing them to see generally what the fetus looks like is hoping to provoke the would-be-mother to feel thoese 'motherly feelings' and change her mind about terminating pregnancy.
    Motherly feelings? About a polyp? About a cist or tapeworm? How is that possible? Those that support the wanton slaughter of the ultimately defenseless term it as a simple "medical procedure." If that is true, how can anyone, anywhere even begin to approach "feelings" toward this unviable tissue-mass? Boggles the mind. Shouldn't even be an issue. Shouldn't even be thought of as the remotest of possibilites.

But it is....and you know why? Because a fetus is a human being, with its own unique set of DNA, never to be repeated again. And, a human being endowed by our Creator and afforded rights by the US Constitution.

Murderers of babies know the truth. And that is why abortionists (murderers) hide behind the veil of terminology and try to shift the focus to a "woman's right." Yeah, sure. Then it should be a woman's right to terminate their 2-yr-old when the little dickens causes problems.

All across the nation teenagers, especially true in the black communities, are purposely getting pregnant just to get a government check. And don't even try to deny it. I work in black communities every day. I know of scores of cases where 14-yr-old girls were ordered by their families to get pregnant to get that check. Wonder what the reaction would be if the government ordered mandatory abortions for these girls. Why not? It'll save taxpayers $tens of thousands and it's no different than removing a wart from your butt, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But it is....and you know why? Because a fetus is a human being, with its own unique set of DNA, never to be repeated again. And, a human being endowed by our Creator and afforded rights by the US Constitution.
    So, if DNA alone dictates what deserves human rights and what doesn't, what happens to the sheepman in the other thread?

All across the nation teenagers, especially true in the black communities, are purposely getting pregnant just to get a government check. And don't even try to deny it. I work in black communities every day. I know of scores of cases where 14-yr-old girls were ordered by their families to get pregnant to get that check. Wonder what the reaction would be if the government ordered mandatory abortions for these girls. Why not? It'll save taxpayers $tens of thousands and it's no different than removing a wart from your butt, right?
    I'm pretty sure neither myself nor Guisslap have promoted a government funded welfare system, period. I say remove the incentive, or remove the welfare system all together. But if you've got a problem with that, take it up in the "ethics, morality, and all that jazz" thread, or let's start a new one.

Motherly feelings? About a polyp? About a cist or tapeworm? How is that possible? Those that support the wanton slaughter of the ultimately defenseless term it as a simple "medical procedure." If that is true, how can anyone, anywhere even begin to approach "feelings" toward this unviable tissue-mass? Boggles the mind. Shouldn't even be an issue. Shouldn't even be thought of as the remotest of possibilites.
    I think I explained in this very thread where feelings come from.

+ Reply to Thread