+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill requiring Ultrasound prior to Abortion before SC House

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Bill requiring Ultrasound prior to Abortion before SC House

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    What truth do you expect a pregnant woman to find in this that she doesn't already know? If anything, it is trying to encourage her to make a decision based on entirely on emotion.
    You're asking me to assume what all women seeking abortions know? Sorry, can't tell you. That's why you make sure they call all see their fetus. Once they see the ultrasound, they can then decide whether or not they believe that fetus should be aborted or not.

The ultrasound is a true visual of what is going on in them...their medical condition.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I guess you wouldn't have a problem with forcing students to study the Koran, either?
    Wow...that's a stretch. You'll have to explain that one to me professor. An ultrasound is a visual of the fetus. It is the most accurate picture available of the fetus. Sounds to me like you two are in favor of the woman making an uninformed decision.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wow...that's a stretch. You'll have to explain that one to me professor. An ultrasound is a visual of the fetus. It is the most accurate picture available of the fetus. Sounds to me like you two are in favor of the woman making an uninformed decision.
    If a person wants to make an uninformed decision that impacts noone else, why not let them?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

To make students make an informed decision about the Koran and Islam - that is a similar objective, no?

If a person wants to make an uninformed decision that impacts noone else, why not let them?
    That speaks volumes. You actually support the ignorance of the client. I could just let it die there, but I won't.

An abortion effects far more than the patient...of course, every case is unique, but those effected could include

1. The father
    2. The grandparents
    3. Siblings
    4. Anyone the patient is in contact with

And that's all not counting the one who is effected the most...the fetus. I know you don't believe the fetus has rights until it breeches the birth canal, but that's just ridiculous. Particularly as scientific advances permit to fetuses to survive after shorter and shorter gestation periods.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

The ultrasound is a true visual of what is going on in them...their medical condition.
    But a visual of their medical condition is not necessary to the diagnosis of their condition. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to see an image of a tapeworm stuck in my digestive tract if there was another way to diagnose it.

To make students make an informed decision about the Koran and Islam - that is a similar objective, no?
    Not even close. A Ultrasound is concrete picture of the reality that is in the patient. You know...senses...perception...knowledge.

But a visual of their medical condition is not necessary to the diagnosis of their condition. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to see an image of a tapeworm stuck in my digestive tract if there was another way to diagnose it.
    You can't equate a fetus and a tapeworm. To do so makes you look foolish.

That speaks volumes. You actually support the ignorance of the client. I could just let it die there, but I won't.

An abortion effects far more than the patient...of course, every case is unique, but those effected could include

1. The father
    2. The grandparents
    3. Siblings
    4. Anyone the patient is in contact with

And that's all not counting the one who is effected the most...the fetus. I know you don't believe the fetus has rights until it breeches the birth canal, but that's just ridiculous. Particularly as scientific advances permit to fetuses to survive after shorter and shorter gestation periods.
    What ignorance? This law is really asking people to make a decision based on emotion, not on any new knowledge. It's a shock factor.

You are right, the decision does impact the life of others. If I plant a tree in my backyard, it might also impact the lives of my neighbors. It's still not their decision.

A fetus is not an independent entity until it is outside of the body of the mother.

You can't equate a fetus and a tapeworm. To do so makes you look foolish.
    Why does it make me look foolish?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If you are an advocate of making people make informed decisions, what is wrong with this suggestion?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Is the SC house going to pay for these ultra sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Is the SC house going to pay for these ultra sounds?
    The government never pays for anything.

What are they going to do about blind mothers?

What are they going to do about blind mothers?
    Good question. If it's a law, you can guarantee they will still have to have the ultrasound done. But I guess if sight is still required for them to make an informed decision, they are screwed.

+ Reply to Thread