+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresno St. Game 1

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Fresno St. Game 1

Quote Originally Posted by bb22 View Post
    i know i'm gonna get blasted but what is the coach thinking? time and again he starts the same guy who just cant get the job done, it's conference play, not time to let the pitchers get innings in. they have had a chance at that and it's not working.
    So Luke shouldn't start anymore?!?!

You will continue to get bashed with idiotic posts like this.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Who does bb22 propose? Somebody else. You don't just decide who your weekend guys are and stick with it come hell or high water. And it's not just pitchers. What about leadoff batter? Come on, Wade. Adjust!
    Oh god... not you too.

In the last 5 games, 3 different players have led off. Adam Cobb, Nick Grunenwald, and Patrick Thomas.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

1 win 5 losses. I'm not saying I agree with BB but its hard for me to call him idiotic when you look at the numbers. Mosely is the ONLY weekend starting pitcher that I have confidence in right now.

Oh god... not you too.

In the last 5 games, 3 different players have led off. Adam Cobb, Nick Grunenwald, and Patrick Thomas.
    You are right but our regular lead off guy is Cobb and he's having a tough year so far, .250 going into last nights game, was 0 -5 with 2 K's. I love him as a player but sometimes change is good. I'm not positive what the other two guys you mentioned were hitting since our stats page has been taken over by Fresno State, Nick G. was in the .270-.280 range I think when he platoons with K Winn but PT is ripping the ball, hitting around .380-.390. It would be tough for me to keep him out of the line up. I wish I had the answer but it seems we can't get it all together but don't kid yourself, it all starts on the MOUND, and thats where the PROBLEM is. Heres hoping Rupe will shut them down today with Mosely doing the same thing tomorrow. Two out of three ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Tech pitchers plunked 6 batters ( 2 scored)....walked 5 batters (3 scored) When you score 8 runs on 13 hits there is no way you should lose the game. Our pitching staff is consistantly digging a hole our offense can't possibly crawl out of.This is embarrasing.
    Agree. We are not coaches even though we play them on the internet, Ha Ha. Man you sound down, kinda worried about you. I have always enjoyed your posts, not agreed with all of them but you seem to know the team and baseball in general. What would you suggest to "right the ship"? Of course don't walk or hit 10-11 batters a game is too easy. Are there any changes you would make right now as far as pitching, lineup, etc ?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The Nitzer had a great interview with Sam Wilkinson during I think the third inning. Very smooth blend between interview and play by play. This is why Dave is a gem for all of us.
    Sam would be a great color man

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone else is available, yes. 1 win from your weekend starter? Time to find a new one.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Luke definitely is a starter, but perhaps we should move him off of Friday's to either Sun or Sat to give him a different approach to each series.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Luke definitely is a starter, but perhaps we should move him off of Friday's to either Sun or Sat to give him a different approach to each series.
    In sports a player is judged by the "numbers" or his stats. Now just because a pitcher has a losing record doesn't mean he's pitched bad. Several years ago we had a little lefty by the name of Kirkendal?(spelling?) Didn't have a great record but lost a bunch of close games and had quite a few complete games, also Meyer had some bad luck games where he pitched good enough to win but didn't. I'm afraid this isn't the case. Just because a player played great or pitched great last year doesn't mean he will do the same this year. Now does Luke have the potential to be in the bigs one day? No doubt but just because a player has potential doesn't always show up in the numbers. I'm pulling for all of our pitchers to come alive but if one is not getting it done you have to go to plan b,c,d or f. Same with our position players.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This is a more realistic post and approach to the situation.

Mosely, Rupert, Burnett

If we were deeper is SP then I MIGHT agree to make a change from Luke, but we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    This is a more realistic post and approach to the situation.

Mosely, Rupert, Burnett

If we were deeper is SP then I MIGHT agree to make a change from Luke, but we are not.
    Call me crazy but this is what I would like to see.

Friday: Alsup with Rupert, Braud and Burnette as a true closer. We don't have a true closer. Alsup has been coming in and throwing 3-6 innings, why not start him and get to the 5th.6th or 7th?

Sat: Mosely with Bradshaw,Lorio and maybe one of the guys who didn't throw on Friday

Sunday: Hudson with Knotts, committee and Burnette closing.

Try Luke as a closer, the only time I saw him as a reliever he was dominant. You never know.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Sam would be a great color man
    Yeah, talk about two great baseball minds. . . . and stories galore.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    If anyone else is available, yes. 1 win from your weekend starter? Time to find a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    1 win 5 losses. I'm not saying I agree with BB but its hard for me to call him idiotic when you look at the numbers. Mosely is the ONLY weekend starting pitcher that I have confidence in right now.
    He wasn't saying a Friday starter. He said Starter. Luke is a starter. An Ace?? Not yet. I hope that he'll become that, but his control isn't there yet.

Against Arkansas he only gave up 3 runs and that's on 8 walks; 2 runs in support. Not bad for the first game of the year.
    He struggled against UTA; gave up 3 runs on 6 walks; 2 runs in support.
    He was DOMINATE against McNeese with 14 K's and no walks; also got 8 runs in support.
    Pitched really good but gets a No Decision against NLULM while going 7 innings and giving up 2 runs on 3 hits, 4 walks and 9 K's. (winning run scored in the 8th.)
    Sac State gets 4 runs on 5 hits, 5 walks and 7 K's. (3 runs on 2 hits the last inning)
    Sam Houston for 5 runs on 5 hits with 4 walks and 7 K's. (Hudson gave up the hit to score Burnett's runners.)
    He had his worst start against Fresno State with the lack of control.

Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. Move his starting days if you want, but don't tell me that he's not a starter. When he's on, he's the most dominent pitcher that we have.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

They videotape the pitchers....maybe it's a good time to actually study the tapes and see if there are a few minor adjustments needed with pitching mechanics. It could be something very minor.

+ Reply to Thread