+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Super Spin Zone

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game

Re: The Super Spin Zone

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Well said...... there was a HUGE COACHING ADJUSTMENT made for the last 2 Fresno games. Rupert & Moseley were allowed the luxury of calling their own pitches (via Combs & DT) and thereby getting into a rythym.This facilitates the pitcher & the defense getting into a comfortable rythym,it speeds the game up,and it gets the defense off the field much quicker.By letting the pitching coach call the pitches it takes the pitcher out of any rythym he is able to establish from time to time.Don't let the batter have extra time to clear his head after each pitch....find your rythym and be aggressive.These veteran pitchers & catchers(most of these guys have been playing ball for 15 years)can now begin to flourish if the coaches stick to this plan. They study the batters tendencies,etc during the week in preparation for each team and the coaches are able to provide further advice during the game itself.Baseball is a game of adjustments and i'm pleased that even our coaching staff is willing to make a major adjustment such as this.Did anyone else notice the effect this had on those two games? I'm excited...Go Dawgs !!!!!
    Especially with Rupert. He likes to pitch fast and this allowed him to. Basically the catchers called the pitches with the pitchers having the luxory of shaking it off. I didn't see the pitchers shaking off too many calls so they must have been on the same page. Biggest difference with Rupert was his breaking ball. Last time I saw him pitch he was throwing them a foot to two feet in front of the plate, Saturday he had them either called for strikes or just out of the strike zone and maybe not as many, more fast balls.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Well Rike is having an incredible stretch right now but on opponents scouting reports still....I saw it personally say " Watch out for Jericho Jones".
    Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Wow. What else did it say? What did it say about Rike or Hudson? What did it say about Bunting and his .500 BA? What about Albie? Coutney? How about PT, batting over .400 mainly pinch hitting? What about Kersten, around .400 with some big hits? If you have a copy that would be cool. Bottom line, I hope teams continue to pitch to Rike because of where he is batting in the lineup if thats what ya'll THINK is happening because he might hit 50 bombs!!!
    Not sure whatelse their report said, but Saturday after Rike hit the one to the wall (wind knocked most everything down), some Fresno players mentioned "The scouting report was right; Warning Track Power."

I hope that all teams are putting that on their scouting report. :icon_wink:

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Not sure whatelse their report said, but Saturday after Rike hit the one to the wall (wind knocked most everything down), some Fresno players mentioned "The scouting report was right; Warning Track Power."

I hope that all teams are putting that on their scouting report. :icon_wink:
    Maybe it was put in there to remind the outfield to look for the warning track while watching Rike's hits fly over their heads.

+ Reply to Thread