+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Super Spin Zone

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Re: The Super Spin Zone

Actually I think Sim was just trying to help Jericho get some of his confidence back, I do not think he was being partial to JJ. Just trying to help a player and the team.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: The Super Spin Zone

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    There's no doubt JJ will do what he has to do to become a better player, unbelievable potential. In Division I baseball pitchers try to make you hit their pitch whether its off-speed, fast ball off the plate,etc. If they groove a fast ball most college hitters will make them pay so you have to be patient and get your pitch, thats what has made the difference with Rike, look at the walks. The numbers do not lie. And its not just Rike. Hudson, Kersten, Bunting, C Jones, Albie, D Winn. PT has been hitting as good as any guy on the team. We have alot of guys who can swing it.
    You're right, and with Jericho playing in the Cape Cod league this coming summer, he will face the #1 ace of most of the top teams in the country.....more invaluable experience.Jericho only played 2 weeks of summer ball last summer and finally rehabbed his hand injury he sufferred last May.A whole summer of hitting with a wood bat definitely helps prepare a player for the nex't season.Hudson's patience at the plate and the way he works the pitch count is something I greatly admire.If Jericho could learn to lay off more pitches I think his BB/K ratio would be a more positive part of his game.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Before you Jericho lovers come after me--I am NOT bashing Jericho. Read this statement by Sim and tell me if you buy this:

Tech coach Wade Simoneaux said he is not surprised Rike had a solid weekend at the plate because where he is hitting. “Anybody batting in front of Jericho is going to get pitches to hit because people still fear Jericho,” Simoneaux said.

Guys--JJ leads the team by far in strikeouts, trails most guys in BBs, and his average is dropping every game. Do we really believe teams are pitching around him? And that Jericho is responsible for Rike's year? What a disservice to Rike!

Love you, Sim, but that's a little too much spin for me.
    Would be nice if Jones was 100% healthy as well. Let him fight thru this and let's support him.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Before you Jericho lovers come after me--I am NOT bashing Jericho. Read this statement by Sim and tell me if you buy this:

Tech coach Wade Simoneaux said he is not surprised Rike had a solid weekend at the plate because where he is hitting. “Anybody batting in front of Jericho is going to get pitches to hit because people still fear Jericho,” Simoneaux said.

Guys--JJ leads the team by far in strikeouts, trails most guys in BBs, and his average is dropping every game. Do we really believe teams are pitching around him? And that Jericho is responsible for Rike's year? What a disservice to Rike!

Love you, Sim, but that's a little too much spin for me.
    Well Rike is having an incredible stretch right now but on opponents scouting reports still....I saw it personally say " Watch out for Jericho Jones".

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg View Post
    Actually I think Sim was just trying to help Jericho get some of his confidence back, I do not think he was being partial to JJ. Just trying to help a player and the team.
    No one said he was being partial to JJ. I just found it odd that Wade has to mention JJ in an article about the win and Rikes great day at the plate. JJ is a wonderful guy and will be a great player if he continues to work and improve. If he read the article he probably would think the same way. We don't have to coddle JJ, he's been through the wars, the good times and the bad. He's a tough kid and he'll continue to work hard. This isn't a Rike versus JJ deal. Wade should just give credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Well Rike is having an incredible stretch right now but on opponents scouting reports still....I saw it personally say " Watch out for Jericho Jones".
    Wow. What else did it say? What did it say about Rike or Hudson? What did it say about Bunting and his .500 BA? What about Albie? Coutney? How about PT, batting over .400 mainly pinch hitting? What about Kersten, around .400 with some big hits? If you have a copy that would be cool. Bottom line, I hope teams continue to pitch to Rike because of where he is batting in the lineup if thats what ya'll THINK is happening because he might hit 50 bombs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Would be nice if Jones was 100% healthy as well. Let him fight thru this and let's support him.

If he's not healthy we should sit him until he is because we will definately need him down the stretch, healthy. We have enough quality guys that could step in. If JJ's hurt its not fair to him.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I agree with the idea that Sim is just trying to help JJ get his confidence back...it's hard for anybody doing ANYTHING when you hit a slump...At least at the fresno games, JJ was getting around on the inside pitches. You can see a decent increase in his bat speed and his ability to get the low inside stuff. I think we will see him get out of this slump and start jacking some apartments pretty soon. It reminds me of Tiger Woods' slump. He spent a good two years revamping his game, and looks to have paid off. I don't think JJ will take as long, seeing as how we are already seeing improvement.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Why not flip the order and have JJ bat in front of Rike for a while?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Wow. What else did it say? What did it say about Rike or Hudson? What did it say about Bunting and his .500 BA? What about Albie? Coutney? How about PT, batting over .400 mainly pinch hitting? What about Kersten, around .400 with some big hits? If you have a copy that would be cool. Bottom line, I hope teams continue to pitch to Rike because of where he is batting in the lineup if thats what ya'll THINK is happening because he might hit 50 bombs!!!
    Nothing except where they tend to hit. I hope your right about Rike, he is having one hell of a season though you are starting to sound like you are related to him lol.:icon_wink:

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post

only if rike slows down. i wouldnt change a thing while he is on fire. dont want to screw that up.

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    At the beginning of the season JJ was batting in the 2 hole in front of Rike. Most of last year I think he batted there. JJ started off a little slow, they moved him back in the order, he started hitting better until recently. If he's healthy and hes gonna be in the line up I say put him 7-8th. Might get to see more fast balls and take a little pressure off.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Nothing except where they tend to hit. I hope your right about Rike, he is having one hell of a season though you are starting to sound like you are related to him lol.:icon_wink:
    Being related to Rike might mean tickets to the World Series someday.

No not related,but thats probably what everybody says though,Ha Ha!! If thats the case alot of you have a little Jones in your family tree!!! Just kidding!!!!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Being related to Rike might mean tickets to the World Series someday.
    Beaver, will you claim me? I'll take 10% of the signing bonus.

+ Reply to Thread