+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Foster Campbell?

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Thoughts on Foster Campbell?

His plan is to eliminate all personal income taxes — some $2.4 billion currently and corporate income taxes — about $500 million, as well as another $500 million in oil severance taxes on in-state production.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/703200316

Story says he plans to make the money up by taxing foreign oil. Working in the oilfield, this makes me feel pretty good, because I know believe it will boost US production. My big question is how much of a democrat is he? I haven't followed his career, and I really like Jindal, but I also like my job, and could possibly vote for someone trying to keep it around for a few more years. If he's a blue-dog then he may get my vote.

I'm fearing 08, because a dem would shut the oilfield down, and that means my job goes bye-bye.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Thoughts on Foster Campbell?

Campbell is a DEMOCRAT.

Taxes are still taxes...BTW, his plan probably violates the Commerce Clause (really) of the US Constitution.

In short, he's an idiot that is unworthy of being an elected official especially governor of Louisiana.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Campbell is a DEMOCRAT.

Taxes are still taxes...BTW, his plan probably violates the Commerce Clause (really) of the US Constitution.

In short, he's an idiot that is unworthy of being an elected official especially governor of Louisiana.
    We agree completely here. His campaign to win PSC was as ugly as I've ever witnessed.

I think he sees himself as a Buddy Roemer type reformist. The voters (even democrats) will read through him.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I know the man, he's got an abrasive demeanor and cusses a blue streak....probably more than any adult I've ever met. However, I think he does care deeply about the people of this state and has a vast amount of experience in LA politics. Personally, I don't think he has a prayer, but it should make for an interesting race.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Cool! Just wanted to hear some opinions from people who know more about him. Like I said, I haven't followed his career, but I did like that one statement he made. Of course, they can all make promises that they'll never keep.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Let's not forget he drove his car into a hole on unfinished I-49. He thinks he is above the law, has been playing politics too long, and is a democrat. One positive: He is from Bossier parish.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Foster Brooks > Foster Campbell

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

doesn't alaska do that? in fact, i believe alaska pays it citizens money for living in the state, something Huey Long could have had for Louisiana......correct me if im wrong

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

As Dawgbitten noted, he lost an eye being an arrogant politician years ago - driving on an unopened section of I-49 because he thought he could get away with it. He didn't realize that they'd taken a substandard section out and there was a hole where it had been - one he fell in. He's old time politics - not what we need now.

+ Reply to Thread