+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAC standings update

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

Re: WAC standings update

Lets keep da dawgs rollin'!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

April 13-15 WAC series....

Tech is one game up on Fresno State after FSU won both games Sunday in the bottom of the 9th.

at Sacramento
    Louisiana Tech 5, Sacramento State 2
    Louisiana Tech at Sacramento State, Saturday ppd rain
    Louisiana Tech 6, Sacramento State 3 game 1
    Louisiana Tech 8, Sacramento State 1 game 2

at Reno
    Nevada 9, San Jose State 2
    Nevada 8, San Jose State 7
    Nevada 12, San Jose State 1 (CSTV)

at Fresno
    Hawai'i 9, Fresno State 8
    Hawai'i at Fresno State, Saturday ppd rain
    Fresno State 6, Hawai'i 5 game 1
    Fresno State 4, Hawai'i 3 game 2

Once again in the clubhouse, here are the standings by golf score....

Fresno State -2 4 (2 home 2 road left) par this weekend
    Louisiana Tech -2 4 (1 home 3 road left) eagle this weekend
    Nevada -1 4 (3 home 2 road left) birdie this weekend

Hawai'i E 4 (2 home 2 road left) par this weekend
    San Jose State +1 3 (3 home 2 road left) bogey this weekend
    Sacramento State +2 5 (2 home 1 road left) double-bogey this weekend
    New Mexico State +2 4 (2 home 2 road left)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Once again in the clubhouse, here are the standings by golf score....

Fresno State -2 4 (2 home 2 road left) par this weekend
    Louisiana Tech -2 4 (1 home 3 road left) eagle this weekend
    Nevada -1 4 (3 home 2 road left) birdie this weekend

Hawai'i E 4 (2 home 2 road left) par this weekend
    San Jose State +1 3 (3 home 2 road left) bogey this weekend
    Sacramento State +2 5 (2 home 1 road left) double-bogey this weekend
    New Mexico State +2 4 (2 home 2 road left)

I still don't understand this -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I still don't understand this -
    Each weekend series counts as one hole....

Road sweep=eagle
    Home sweep or road win 2 of 3=birdie
    Home win 2 of 3 or road win 1 of 3=par
    Home win 1 of 3 or get swept on the road=bogey
    Get swept at home=double-bogey

Hope that helps....

Even though Tech has a one-game lead in the actual standings, the unfavorable remaining schedule will make it tougher. I think the golf scores give a clearer picture of where the teams really stand.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Not for people (me) that know very little about golf. Is golf a sport?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Golf is what fat old men do instead of exercise and sex. It also pays really well for those who do it extremely well. It is borderline for exercise and requires some types of athletic ability. But watching it is like watching paint dry. I have never chosen to play it because my limited play time needs to be intense exercise. I couldn't stand to await my turn in something like that. At least they should have to run to a base or as close to the hole as they could get before their ball hit the ground!
    It might be interesting if four guys made a 40-yard dash and the first guy got first swing without stopping — unless he was fast enough to get there early enough to pause and line up his shot without getting tackled! In defense of golf, it makes plenty of people walk a lot who might never walk. Those using carts and NOT carrying their bags of clubs, of course, are pretty much getting no exercise at all.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    Not for people (me) that know very little about golf. Is golf a sport?

Was going to say the same thing Martie. I was pulling for Zach Johnson in the Masters though on the last few holes.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Looking at RPI I notice that Hawaii has played a horrible schedule. They seem to be self destructing on the islands. Losing 1 at home to Nevada, 2 at home to San Jose, 1 at Sac State and 2 games today at Fresno. Hawaii is still no pushover but I am confident going to the Islands right now. We are flying high and they are about as low as they can get. Welcome to the driverseat of the WAC title race.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Our last 3 away series will tell us a lot in going to Hawaii, Nevada, and Fresno State. That's why we really needed to do well early when schedule favored us more. Will be some good battles. That Hawaii at Fresno series must have been a helluva series with Fresno winning 2 in late innings. I think Fresno goes to Hawaii last weekend of conference play...may tell the story of who finishes first. Nevada has that new turf...not sure it was installed before last season. Only conference series we have left at home is San Jose State.

As Wade has been saying lately, one pitch, one inning, one game at a time. Don't look ahead and don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Glad for our pitchers going complete games, but at Sac State I would have liked to have gotten couple of other guys at least 1 inning each in releif. When pitchers sit for week and not be in competitive games, control can suffer when they do come out. Hopefully, those other arms get a lot of work today and tomorrow then rest up for weekend series.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Golf is what fat old men do instead of exercise and sex. It also pays really well for those who do it extremely well. It is borderline for exercise and requires some types of athletic ability. But watching it is like watching paint dry. I have never chosen to play it because my limited play time needs to be intense exercise. I couldn't stand to await my turn in something like that. At least they should have to run to a base or as close to the hole as they could get before their ball hit the ground!
    It might be interesting if four guys made a 40-yard dash and the first guy got first swing without stopping — unless he was fast enough to get there early enough to pause and line up his shot without getting tackled! In defense of golf, it makes plenty of people walk a lot who might never walk. Those using carts and NOT carrying their bags of clubs, of course, are pretty much getting no exercise at all.
    Aub -

Lay off the mushrooms....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

April 20-22 WAC series...

at San Jose
    San Jose State 5, Sacramento State 3
    San Jose State 5, Sacramento State 1
    Sacramento State 11, San Jose State 8 12 innings

at Fresno
    Fresno State 7, New Mexico State 0
    Fresno State 14, New Mexico State 3 game 1
    Fresno State 9, New Mexico State 1 game 2
    Sunday's game rescheduled to Saturday in anticipation of weather problems

at Honolulu
    Hawai'i 7, Louisiana Tech 4
    Louisiana Tech 10, Hawai'i 9
    Hawai'i 7, Louisiana Tech 2

Tech's 4-2 road trip was a good result, but Tech trails Fresno State since it only won 1 of 3 at home against Sacramento State in the opening WAC series. Failing to win that series may turn out to be the deciding factor in Tech being the #2 seed instead of #1 in the WAC Tournament. Tech needs a sweep at home next weekend against San Jose State to stay in solid contention for getting that #1 seed
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 04-27-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

What is critical to conferences and league series is taking high percentage of game ones. We are struggling at 2-4 so far in game 1 match ups in our conference series to date this season.

April 27-29 WAC series

at Ruston
    San Jose State 6, Louisiana Tech 2
    Louisiana Tech 12, San Jose State 9
    Louisiana Tech 7, San Jose State 1

at Las Cruces
    Hawai'i 21, New Mexico State 6
    New Mexico State 8, Hawai'i 6 game 1
    New Mexico State 9, Hawai'i 4 game 2
    Sunday's game moved to Saturday due to expected rain on Sunday

at Sacramento
    Nevada 8, Sacramento State 6
    Nevada 11, Sacramento State 5
    Sacramento State 5, Nevada 4

A 16-8 WAC record might just be enough to get the #1 tournamewnt seed. If Tech can win 2 of 3 at both Nevada and Fresno State, the Wolf Pack could do no better than tie Tech but would lose to the Bulldogs on the head-to-head tiebreaker. Two Tech wins at Fresno State would force Fresno to win five of its other six remaining WAC games to finish ahead of Tech outright at 17-7. Tech would have the head-to head tiebreaker over Fresno if it can win that series in two weeks.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Nevada is 15-4 at home this year, and has been the WAC's hot team lately.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    April 27-29 WAC series

at Ruston
    San Jose State 6, Louisiana Tech 2
    Louisiana Tech 12, San Jose State 9
    Louisiana Tech 7, San Jose State 1

at Las Cruces
    Hawai'i 21, New Mexico State 6
    New Mexico State 8, Hawai'i 6 game 1
    New Mexico State 9, Hawai'i 4 game 2
    Sunday's game moved to Saturday due to expected rain on Sunday

at Sacramento
    Nevada 8, Sacramento State 6
    Nevada 11, Sacramento State 5
    Sacramento State 5, Nevada 4

A 16-8 WAC record might just be enough to get the #1 tournamewnt seed. If Tech can win 2 of 3 at both Nevada and Fresno State, the Wolf Pack could do no better than tie Tech but would lose to the Bulldogs on the head-to-head tiebreaker. Two Tech wins at Fresno State would force Fresno to win five of its other six remaining WAC games to finish ahead of Tech outright at 17-7. Tech would have the head-to head tiebreaker over Fresno if it can win that series in two weeks.
    Yea, yea, yea... what's that in golf standings??

+ Reply to Thread