+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maryland extends voting rights to felons

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Maryland extends voting rights to felons

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Maryland extends voting rights to felons

I would have been against this not too long ago, but my good brother-in-law-in-law, James Wilkinson, made a good point about ex-cons at one time. If they have served their sentence for the crime they committed, then there is no need to continue to punish them. If they have paid the price for their crime, then their slates should be considered clean.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Maryland extends voting rights to felons

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I would have been against this not too long ago, but my good brother-in-law-in-law, James Wilkinson, made a good point about ex-cons at one time. If they have served their sentence for the crime they committed, then there is no need to continue to punish them. If they have paid the price for their crime, then their slates should be considered clean.
    Agreed, they have already paid their price (been stripped of rights and put in jail and served their sentence). I guess the three year law was put in tact because they thought the convict should prove that he can stay away from crime, but that is an extension of punishment beyond the jail sentence or punishing them for crimes they might commit, IMO. Maybe it should be a judge's discretion of whether or not voting is part of ex-con's parole. I dont know, but an ex-con shouldnt have to wait three years just because.

+ Reply to Thread