+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Was JJ injured?

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Was JJ injured?

Saw where he only hit once and then Cobb went in. Anyone know?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Was JJ injured?

I heard two different things. One, that Sim wanted to save him to pitch against NSU. That didn't make sense to me because, why would you start and play one inning?

Second, I heard from someone who know the players that his groin continues to bother him. Don't know for sure, but if this is true, Wade should sit him out. I had the same concern for Rupert earlier in the year when some said he wasn't quite ready to be back. If a kid's not ready, they should not be out there.

Good news is it looks like Rupert's ready now judging from his performance last week!

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I heard two different things. One, that Sim wanted to save him to pitch against NSU. That didn't make sense to me because, why would you start and play one inning?

Second, I heard from someone who know the players that his groin continues to bother him. Don't know for sure, but if this is true, Wade should sit him out. I had the same concern for Rupert earlier in the year when some said he wasn't quite ready to be back. If a kid's not ready, they should not be out there.

Good news is it looks like Rupert's ready now judging from his performance last week!
    If he is hurt ,it probably explains why we haven't seen the numbers like we did last year. Agree, we should let him get completely healthy. Its not fair to him or the team. A groin injury is slow to heal, sure hope he's o.k. We would definately miss a 100%, 2006 JJ but it looks like we have enough hitters to overcome the loss.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Don't know if JJ is injured, but I went to the nsu game this evening where he did not play. I saw him in the dugout, but wasn't there in time to see pre-game warmups. Maybe someone who got there early can comment on whether he participated.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Was JJ injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Don't know if JJ is injured, but I went to the nsu game this evening where he did not play. I saw him in the dugout, but wasn't there in time to see pre-game warmups. Maybe someone who got there early can comment on whether he participated.
    A reliable source said JJ didn't make the bus trip and he is out indefinitely (total rest).He has been trying to rehab (while playing at about 70%)since Feb 18th.He finally decided to shut it down. Good decision....because it will help him get over the injury faster and at 70%....he wasn't helping the team (playing at that unhealthy level.)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I heard the same thing also -

His groin is giving him problems and trying to play and rehabbing it at the same time was not working -

Hopefully this will get him healthy for the stretch run in conference -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    A reliable source said JJ didn't make the bus trip and he is out indefinitely (total rest).He has been trying to rehab (while playing at about 70%)since Feb 18th.He finally decided to shut it down. Good decision....because it will help him get over the injury faster and at 70%....he wasn't helping the team (playing at that unhealthy level.)
    Trying to rehab since Feb 18? He absolutely made a good decision to rest. Who's idea was it that he continue to play for the last several weeks? That seems unwise for his health, career, and the good of the team. In any event, I am glad he's doing what he needs to do. Hang in there, Jericho!

+ Reply to Thread