+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When Leon talks - we listen

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: When Leon talks - we listen

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I am listening to the archived show. The guys are talking about Starkey not having a degree, and, evidently, that it is not required to be a coach. Therefore, it must not be the reason Theresa Weatherspoon is not one of our coaches. This is assuming Tech operates under the same set of rules as LSU.
    That's interesting considering he was an assistant in high school before becoming an assistant at LSU. I would have thought he would have had a degree.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That's interesting considering he was an assistant in high school before becoming an assistant at LSU. I would have thought he would have had a degree.
    I, again, think there is more to the story. They even offered him a bonus for getting the team to the FF. He TURNED IT DOWN! There is something very odd about that. I don't even know what point he is making. Some say that he is just a nice guy and honest. That is great and there are still some of us (:icon_wink like that, but what was unethical or immoral about taking the bonus?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I, again, think there is more to the story. They even offered him a bonus for getting the team to the FF. He TURNED IT DOWN! There is something very odd about that. I don't even know what point he is making. Some say that he is just a nice guy and honest. That is great and there are still some of us (:icon_wink like that, but what was unethical or immoral about taking the bonus?
    It may be that it was the bonus they were going to give Pokey and decided to give it to him instead and he didn't want to do that to her. Or he could feel that the other assistants did just as much as he did to deserve it. Personally, I would have taken it on the condition it be divided equally among all the assistants.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

It may be that it was the bonus they were going to give Pokey and decided to give it to him instead and he didn't want to do that to her. Or he could feel that the other assistants did just as much as he did to deserve it. Personally, I would have taken it on the condition it be divided equally among all the assistants.
    I heard on ESPN that Pokey was still going to get the bonus. Is that because he turned it down? Or was LSU going to give him and Pokey the bonus?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Archive up
    Thank you sir! Putting it onto my mp3 player as we speak!!..... type!!... whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    I heard on ESPN that Pokey was still going to get the bonus. Is that because he turned it down? Or was LSU going to give him and Pokey the bonus?
    Humm... maybe a settlement type thing.

Hey lawyers here, is it true that if you put in a 2 weeks notice at a job and they tell you to just go home instead, that you are still to be paid for those 2 weeks of service?? Friend of mine pulled that with Circuit City and it worked. First I've heard of it.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I am listening to the archived show. The guys are talking about Starkey not having a degree, and, evidently, that it is not required to be a coach. Therefore, it must not be the reason Theresa Weatherspoon is not one of our coaches. This is assuming Tech operates under the same set of rules as LSU.
    I am not for sure how Louisiana univerisities operate on a hiring stand point, but I know in Tennessee that if the job description states that a bachelor's, master's, or whatever degree is required then they have to stick with that. So if they said bachelor's degree required and 3 people with their bachelor's degrees apply and 10 people without a bachelor's apply then only the 3 who met those requirements are allowed to be considered for that position. Same for if they said 5 years of coaching experience at the college level required. Only those people applying who had 5 yrs coaching and bachelor's degree could be considered. I know that after the deadline has been met, if no one has applied under that criteria (or they don't think that they have found what they are looking for), they are allowed to then open it back up, and the description can be changed. So if someone applied that they really liked, but didn't meet the previous requirements, they can pretty much taylor it to.

I am pretty sure that MTSU did that to get Insell. I think that their initial job description stated college coaching experience required, and he didn't have it. They wanted to hire him from the get go (from what I hear), but someone complained that he didn't met the requirements. Basically they reopened the job to fit him. Ended up being a great decision on Middle's part. They just extended his contract through the 2011-2012 season (I think).

Again, I don't know if that is how Louisiana operates, but if it is, it could explain why Weatherspoon didn't get hired.

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    I heard that initially too, but then I thought I read an update that she was going to get her salary and the bonus for getting to the NCAAs, but the other bonuses were in question. I'm not sure on that, though, that's why I didn't say it was definitely her bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Thank you sir! Putting it onto my mp3 player as we speak!!..... type!!... whatever.

Hey lawyers here, is it true that if you put in a 2 weeks notice at a job and they tell you to just go home instead, that you are still to be paid for those 2 weeks of service?? Friend of mine pulled that with Circuit City and it worked. First I've heard of it.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt that's true at all. Somehow, I think your friend is pulling your leg.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt that's true at all. Somehow, I think your friend is pulling your leg.
    Nope, was working that day. He walked out with a check. Sad thing is that he was a manager and was leaving to go to Best Buy. I can't figure out why they didn't want him to complete his two weeks. :icon_wink:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Pokey has lawyers and it is all going to be fought out in court, probably. I heard that she is fighting for the bonus and that she is being paid for the rest of the season. Since she resigned and was not fired (publically, anyway), I don't see how she is still drawing the salary.

I can see why Starky wouldn't take the bonus, if it was between him and Pokey. That would make sense.

Does anyone even know where Pokey is? She must be hiding out somewhere. I think I will watch that lsu vs. Rutgers game and see if I can spot her in a disguise.

On the 2 week notice, it depends on where you work, I think. You could probably make a case if they fired you after you handed in a resignation. I think most places would let you finish out the 2 weeks - depending on if they didn't suspect any sabatoge.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Pokey has lawyers and it is all going to be fought out in court, probably. I heard that she is fighting for the bonus and that she is being paid for the rest of the season. Since she resigned and was not fired (publically, anyway), I don't see how she is still drawing the salary.

I can see why Starky wouldn't take the bonus, if it was between him and Pokey. That would make sense.

Does anyone even know where Pokey is? She must be hiding out somewhere. I think I will watch that lsu vs. Rutgers game and see if I can spot her in a disguise.

On the 2 week notice, it depends on where you work, I think. You could probably make a case if they fired you after you handed in a resignation. I think most places would let you finish out the 2 weeks - depending on if they didn't suspect any sabatoge.
    I don't see how. You can fire anybody at any time provided you don't do so for protected reasons and then if you're a small business some of those don't apply still. Someone putting in a resignation isn't a protected reason as far as I know. Personally, I don't know why most places would le someone finish out the 2 weeks-sabotage or not.

I don't see how. You can fire anybody at any time provided you don't do so for protected reasons and then if you're a small business some of those don't apply still. Someone putting in a resignation isn't a protected reason as far as I know. Personally, I don't know why most places would le someone finish out the 2 weeks-sabotage or not.
    I have usually let someone finish their two weeks. I can only recall one time that I didn't. On that case, the guy was a trouble maker and I believed that he would hurt moral by staying. On the other cases - even those that I wanted to get rid of - I let them work out the two weeks. I would have fired them in a second, if they were causing trouble, though. Usually, there is an emotional resignation when people resign. The biggest problem is, usually, getting them to do the work during those last days. Knowing that I had fired someone during that time before, though, gave the message that I wouldn't put up with that.

Most of the positions that I had under me at that time had very specific duties. I would MUCH rather be on good terms with the employee and give time for them to train someone else for the position. We were usually too thin to have enough cross training to start with.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Im no lawyer, but I did just that very thing to one of my employees and was told it was company poilcy to pay the employee for the two weeks. They made it sound like it was up to the employer. I don't know if it is law, but I bet it avoids lawsuits.

+ Reply to Thread