View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Sport?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Baseball

7 6.19%
  • College Baseball

6 5.31%
  • Pro Football

14 12.39%
  • College Football

75 66.37%
  • Pro Basketball

0 0%
  • College Basketball

8 7.08%
  • Hockey

1 0.88%
  • NASCAR

2 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Favorite Sport?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Your Favorite Sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    None of the above. Lacrosse.

Saw this coming. . .

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

For me it is

1. College football
    2. pro football
    3. College basketball (although the Mavs and Milsap have got me much more interested in the NBA)
    4. Pro-baseball. MLB and minor leagues and Japanese league all lumped together. Japanese baseball is pretty fun in person (less fun on tv, since the commentary is in Japanese)
    5. High school football and all levels of Track tied.

And I have to admit that with the exception of college football, the others on the list tend to shift around a lot. Probably whichever is in season (or whichever has teams that I like doing well, is what I prefer).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    Now if you listed women's beach volleyball as a choice....
    I agree! That's my favorite sport. It's two against two, in sand, traction's hard to get. It's hot, no shade. You don't see a bunch of trainers running out there to attend to "injured" players (although I'd volunteer for that duty). These are true athletes, true competitors battling in the true spirit of the human drama of athletic competition. No prima donnas, no "million dollar" spoiled babies, no ridiculous post game with moronic reporters singing the praises of some over-paid pampered brat just for catching a ball or something. Nope, real sports...in the truest sense of the word.

(I'm sure that's what you meant too....and weren't referring to the "uniforms" they wear, right?) :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Did you see the one that happened at UCLA?? Sounds like there was alot of public outcry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g7zl...related&search=

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Was it the 79 Daytona 500 when Cale Yarborough and his arch enemy (can't remember names) were 1 and 2 with a few laps remaining and the 3rd place driver was 3 laps down? The boys started rubbing, wrecked, and spun out into the infield.

Both got out of their cars, threw off their helmets, and began to beat the hell out of each other.

The other cars kept circling.

Richard Petty; who was 3 laps down and in 3rd place, won the race.

If that is not a sport, neither is golf.
    It was the last lap of the '79 Daytona 500. The other guy was Donnie Allison, after the race his brother Davie Allison Got out of his car and joined in.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    #1 Louisiana Tech Football
    #2 All other Louisiana Tech sports
    #3 all other college football
    #4 local sports (Mudbugs,Saints, ect.)
    #5 Does it really matter.

I have actually lost my love of pro sports. I think it started to decline when Jerry Jones fired Landry the way he did. And then when Bobby Herbert held out for more money it went down even farther. And after the last of the greats from my childhood retired (Dan Marino) I just didn't have anymore interest. I will watch a couple games a year. And I pull (hope they win but only read about it the next day) for the Saints. But I usually find better things to do than to watch a bunch of overpaid babies whine about not touching the ball enough. It just lost it's luster to me. I would rather watch a Harvard/Yale game than watch an NFL game.

I totally agree. Professional sports are all about the dollar, not the sport. They are dominated by greedy, whiny, look at me show boats. The only pro sport I watch at all is is football and I don't go out of my way to do that. In fact, the only reason I do that is because of fantasy football and I don't care who wins the game, only how my fantasy players do. I would rather watch WAC volleyball or college gymnastics. Right now my favorite sport is college football and even that is being destroyed by the bcs monopoly and the glut of bowl games :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: . Can't wait to see Dooley's Dawgs though .

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    If that IS a sport, then so was an average Saturday night at Mother's.

The Potty Parties, most definitely a sport.

+ Reply to Thread