+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam and the Boys: Let the Good Times Continue

Puppy DevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDevilDawg0331 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time DevilDawg0331's Avatar

Sam and the Boys: Let the Good Times Continue

The other day I got a phone call from a former manager that told me I needed to come back to the forum and read the remarks (some positive and negative) that were being said about Sam. I did, and I have to say that CODEDAWG and BADDAWG just need to keep there negative thoughts and experiances to themselves....If I had to guess most of their grief and bitterness is not as a result of Sam's action but stems more from their interaction with the other managers.....After all when we worked we worked hard as hell, but when we played we played harder ( Chelsea's, Honky Tonk, Cooter Bay.....) and if you had one inch of thin skin it was exploited. So, before I state the premise of this post I will finish by saying to CODEDAWG and BADDAWG, "GET OVER IT", we were all young and had tons of fun. Did Sam Ever make us mad or hurt our feels...Yes...Did we agree with how things were done all the time...No...Hell we were 18, 19, 20 year olds and it sounds like the both of you did the best thing for yourselves by leaving the program....

Now on a lighter note: This post is for anyone who would like to post something positive or funny about their experiances with that athletic program and Sam, but remember before you type we had fun and not all is to be told here...KEEP IT CLEAN... It is dedicated to the following persons...(If I leave someone off just mention them in your post these are the ones I worked with the most)

Sam
    Mike "Fajita" Noel
    Chris "Cooter" Jordan
    Paul "MOUSE" Williamson
    Pat "PROTEGE" Garrett - me
    Matt "SLATS" Walton
    Trey "Lockshmeed" Lockwood
    Clint "I never leave my office unlocked" Williams
    J.W. "LoneWolf" Wiley
    "BIG" Bill Sheridan
    Dwayne "POLECAT" Dykes
    Sean "LINK" Cooper
    Donnie, Roe, and Catain Redneck
    Borvorn "BB" Sirikul
    Walter Pullins

To start I have a million stories to tell but one of my favorites has to be the day Matt Walton and myself got fired from TECH Football....

At this point in our lives being a manger was who we were and all we wanted to do...We were struggling students because, well, I will leave it at that....We both struggled....One day we came to practice at the normal time 1:00 pm but on this day we were 3 minutes late...No kidding really 3 minutes and this was according to Sam time. So we were actually 12 minutes early....When we walked into the laundry room Sam was standing there and no one else was to be found..He jawed us a few minutes and told us to get our ass in his office...So we both hurried there...

When Sam came in and he slammed the door and began asking us questions loudly, "Why are ya'll late.....Where have ya'll been....Is your watches broken......." Then Out of the blue he looked us both in the eyes and said, "You are FIRED, go clean out your stuff and go home."

Whoa.....I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall....Because I know that when we left the first person he called was Jim Stevens and I am sure they laughed like hell...anyway...

To make a long story short....Practice started as usual and Matt and Pat were not there (the only pratice for 7 years that were did not attend)....but we were not far....infact we probably burned two tanks of gas on the old grey Ford circling the field that day, drinking "refreshments" and just watching...afterall as I stated earlier we had no life outside of La Tech Football.....

That evening we both got a phone call from guess who, and he said "I'll see you both tomorrow and don't be late!"

And as they say the rest was history......

Sam I hope this post lives up to what I want it to be....I sincerely hope all the boys drop in and contribute....I am not sure if you read these but I know Roe and Captain do so maybe they will pass the stories on to you....

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of something I deeply treasure.

Pat Garrett

Signing off from The "MATT AND PAT SHOW"
    Signing off from "The Matt and Pat Show"

Elory Blount

DevilDawg-0331

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Sam and the Boys: Let the Good Times Continue

After the "training and conditioning" I received my freshman year working in the equipment room, I will have to say I would not trade it for anything! Times changed a lot when you and Matt left. Loafy, Captain, Lance (before he was fired by Lew), and I tried to keep it going, but it just wasn't the same. It was fun times, but just not the same. You guys were a little unpredictable. Damn-it, you guys gave me my first beer!

Sam's kindness and willingness to throw me in the equipment room was the best thing to happen to me while at Tech.

Considering that I only had Chief over the equipment room my first year, and Lew the other 3 and a half, I don’t have the good stories like you guys. One thing I’ll never forget seeing Chief sitting under that tree while the old grill was smoking and a cold glass of “power-aid” in hand after the home games. Damn, you could see it that he loved his job.

Oh, and Sam has/had the best tan of anyone I know!

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

DevilDawg, I probably know some of the same stories you do.

Varsity Bulldog roedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really nice

I will make sure that Sam reads these. Thanks to everyone for the support you have given "Chief", I know that he appreciates it.

Varsity Bulldog roedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really nice

DevilDawg,

Those really were the best of times and the worse of times, here a few of my favorite things:

1. Sunday afternoon full contact touch football
    2. Ladies night anywhere we were and putting on our button shirt in the parking lot so that it didn't get wrinkled
    3. Away games, they were all adventures
    4. Naps in a towel buggy during two a days
    5. The Pat and Matt show

Can we still be legally charged for some of the things that we did?

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

roe, not if the names are changed to protect the guilty...

Puppy CodeDog is an unknown

[quote=DevilDawg0331;463749]I have to say that CODEDAWG and BADDAWG just need to keep there negative thoughts and experiances to themselves....If I had to guess most of their grief and bitterness is not as a result of Sam's action but stems more from their interaction with the other managers.....After all when we worked we worked hard as hell, but when we played we played harder ( Chelsea's, Honky Tonk, Cooter Bay.....) and if you had one inch of thin skin it was exploited. So, before I state the premise of this post I will finish by saying to CODEDAWG and BADDAWG, "GET OVER IT", we were all young and had tons of fun. Did Sam Ever make us mad or hurt our feels...Yes...Did we agree with how things were done all the time...No...Hell we were 18, 19, 20 year olds and it sounds like the both of you did the best thing for yourselves by leaving the program....quote]

First off, I was not a manager, I was a coach. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, the best thing I did for my career & myself (like most coaches) was leave Louisiana Tech!

Let me tell you something, life isn't always peachy. YOU need to get over the fact that people view other differently.

On the other post, I said that I should take the best out of evey interaction/situation that comes. Is this true, yes. BUT, I also take away negative things individuals do, and say to myself "at no place & at no time would I ever do something like that." Sam never did anything to intentionally hurt/disrespect me. Hell I never really saw him do that to anyone the time I was there; he was always pleasant to be around. So, again I respect him as a man but not as a man of character. Will I go up to him and say hello & BS w/him if I saw him again, sure. But, there is a lot that I wouldn't trust him with (along w/a lot of people in the administraction). I would also tell you straight-up what I thought about someone either in person or on some message board without sugar-coating things.

In different literature on the concept of "character" (remember I referred to him as 'shady'--which would represent a lack of character), it states that "character is who you are when no one is looking." Sometimes people see things that you think they don't see which compromises your respect for them (ie. character/integrity).

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDog View Post
    First off, I was not a manager, I was a coach. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, the best thing I did for my career & myself (like most coaches) was leave Louisiana Tech!

Let me tell you something, life isn't always peachy. YOU need to get over the fact that people view other differently.

On the other post, I said that I should take the best out of evey interaction/situation that comes. Is this true, yes. BUT, I also take away negative things individuals do, and say to myself "at no place & at no time would I ever do something like that." Sam never did anything to intentionally hurt/disrespect me. Hell I never really saw him do that to anyone the time I was there; he was always pleasant to be around. So, again I respect him as a man but not as a man of character. Will I go up to him and say hello & BS w/him if I saw him again, sure. But, there is a lot that I wouldn't trust him with (along w/a lot of people in the administraction). I would also tell you straight-up what I thought about someone either in person or on some message board without sugar-coating things.

In different literature on the concept of "character" (remember I referred to him as 'shady'--which would represent a lack of character), it states that "character is who you are when no one is looking." Sometimes people see things that you think they don't see which compromises your respect for them (ie. character/integrity).
    I respect your right to say what you want about Sam, however, you aren't saying anything "straight-up". You haven't given your name, so there's nothing "straight-up" about it. Let us know who you are.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Thumbs Down Re: Sam and the Boys: Let the Good Times Continue

WOW CodeDog - I dont know what else to say. You state that you were a "former" coach? Which sport? If you are man enough to say. I dont know what you what you observed as shady. But in his line of work, and years of service he had his hands in many things lots of which could not be shared. So if it was his lack of opening up to you when you were being fired, then guilty as charged I guess.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

On a trip to A@M one time Sam, myself and a few others left the motel and walked down the street to a watering hole. After a few adult drinks Sam and Charlie Hurd decided we needed better music.Charlie gets the gitaur(sp:bigcry: ) and he and Sam take over. When they decided they were through all the patrons wanted more and got it.On the next trip to A@M we went back to the same place and some of the employees remembered us although Sam wasn't feeling well and didn't go. When I returned to the motel(Sam @ I roomed together in seperate beds smartasses) Iwas asleep before my head hit the pillow.Then I started to snorewhich woke Sam up.Sam went and sat on the the toliet with his headphones on with music playing. That still didn't cover me up so at 3in the morning Sam goes to Sisemore's room beats on door and sleeps in Tommy's room. Needless to say Sam and I never roomed together again.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

[/quote]

1) So why are you back? (on a TECH board, that is)
    2) YOU need to get real and figure out that if you blast someone that other people like (I'm too young to know "Chief", but it looks like a lot of people like him), you're gonna get blasted in return. Quit crying like a little baby and get some REAL problems.

Puppy CodeDog is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LostInOzBulldog View Post
    WOW CodeDog - I dont know what else to say. You state that you were a "former" coach? Which sport? If you are man enough to say. I dont know what you what you observed as shady. But in his line of work, and years of service he had his hands in many things lots of which could not be shared. So if it was his lack of opening up to you when you were being fired, then guilty as charged I guess.
    I was never fired.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

[quote=CodeDog;463861]
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawg0331 View Post
    I have to say that CODEDAWG and BADDAWG just need to keep there negative thoughts and experiances to themselves....If I had to guess most of their grief and bitterness is not as a result of Sam's action but stems more from their interaction with the other managers.....After all when we worked we worked hard as hell, but when we played we played harder ( Chelsea's, Honky Tonk, Cooter Bay.....) and if you had one inch of thin skin it was exploited. So, before I state the premise of this post I will finish by saying to CODEDAWG and BADDAWG, "GET OVER IT", we were all young and had tons of fun. Did Sam Ever make us mad or hurt our feels...Yes...Did we agree with how things were done all the time...No...Hell we were 18, 19, 20 year olds and it sounds like the both of you did the best thing for yourselves by leaving the program....quote]

Dude, if you were in fact a "coach" that left Tech.... what are you doing on Tech's board??? Get a life and move on!

just wondering, but was he a coach or just a GradAss.? Football, or some other sport?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Kim,

Thanks for visiting our board. Now, send some money to Vision 2020.

+ Reply to Thread