+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Field House Improvements

Big Dog 8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game8411 is on top of his/her game

Re: Field House Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    Unfortunately, the bid does not open until April 26. I have to deal with schools a lot and just because someone says they are allocating the money, don't get ready to start. Lots of bids and then reviewing of bids, etc, etc. It can be a ridiculously slow process.
    i do to, but almost all of mine is "design / build" with a fee.
    makes things much smoother for everyone, and the job does get done on time.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8411 View Post
    i do to, but almost all of mine is "design / build" with a fee.
    makes things much smoother for everyone, and the job does get done on time.
    Design/Build is now in the Louisiana Public Bid Law, so it should make for some more interesting construction projects done much faster.

Puppy archiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nicearchiTECH is just really nice archiTECH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Design/Build is now in the Louisiana Public Bid Law, so it should make for some more interesting construction projects done much faster.

I think if they are any design/build projects going on now, they may be due to special legislation because of the hurricanes. The revised statutes still seem to prohibit this. I do know that the National Guard is using design/build to replace and relocate several of their larger, multi-million dollar facilities.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

All of Jackson Barracks and some additional mostly south Louisiana National Guard projects (17 I think) are being done with design/build. I think they passed the legislation specifically for the National Guard but I don't think that'll be the end of it.

+ Reply to Thread