+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no standings on main page?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Why no standings on main page?

Just wondering why the current schedule and standings are not posted on the main BBB page? Is the baseball schedule too long? I'm not able to follow each game and use this site to catch up on scores, the schedule on this forum doesn't have the scores or W/L posted for each game.

Bulldog bpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her game bpennark's Avatar

Re: Why no standings on main page?

I agree...they kept the football and basketball standings up long after the seasons were over...and you cannot rely on latechsports website to keep current.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Any administrators want to comment?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Chris just got finished re-doing the main page - you may want to ask him - maybe there isn't a quick reference that we can link to and import it like we do in football and basketball...

On a personal note -

Does it kill ya'll to go to the baseball page and pull up the standings?

We try and offer the best site to ya'll that we can for ya'll - on our time for no compensation....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Dwayne hit the nail on the head.

The standings, scoreboard, and schedules we get are courtesy of John (mjrod) who puts together and updates his own database with all the schedules. He also subscribes to a feed which provides real time sports data for the scores and standings. Due to the number of games in baseball, he doesn't maintain that database so it is not available to us.

Now, don't take this as a jab, but if anyone wants to take the time to put together the html code for the schedule and the standings, I'll be happy to put it on the front page. But I would also ask that you be willing to UPDATE the standings when the change. I'll give you the permissions to do it, but you have to take ownership of it. I don't have the time right now to do it.

As an alternative, if anyone can find an rss feed or any other feed that will provide the schedules and/or standings then I'll be happy to put that in as well. But again, you will need to pay for the service OR show me where the free service is that isn't a violation of copyright laws or exclusive content of another site.

Chris

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

First, let me say that this site by far is the best site I have ever visited. No pop ups! No advertisers! Really easy to use! And is free! I understand why there are no baseball standings and I can live with that. I also understand some people's complaint about latechsports.com (to me it is really slow loading). So here is a site that loads fast and is easy to get to. And it has current updates of all sports and conference standing on the front page.

http://www.wacsports.com/
    Bookmark it.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34684
    Links to standings & Results on this thread.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34684
    Links to standings & Results on this thread.
    Even faster!

Book mark this one.

Wow, sorry to step on anyones toes. I guess I'm a bit spoiled. I've been checking the thread that has the schedule but the scores were not there. I also just wondered why football and basketball were always there but not baseball. No big deal not a complaint just a question. Thanks for the answers.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Also, you can go to the WAC sports page as well.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Gonzo,

I would LOVE to be able to have it on there. But without some degree of automation, it just isn't possible to keep current. Again, if ANYONE can find a feed I can use for it, I'll include it.

Again, I really just meant this as a question not a complaint.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Again, I really just meant this as a question not a complaint.

No kidding. They tell people to give suggestions, but when we do, they jump down our throats. Jeesh. And I thought Dwayne was finished doing taxes.

+ Reply to Thread