+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAC TV ESPN--NO TECH

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

WAC TV ESPN--NO TECH

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 5, 2007

WAC Announces 2007 ESPN Football Schedule

DENVER – The Western Athletic Conference today announced a 10-game ESPN/ESPN2 football television schedule for 2007. The schedule kicks off with 2007 Fiesta Bowl Champion Boise State hosting Southern Mississippi on Thursday, Sept. 27 in a game that will be shown on ESPN.

The following weeks will feature seven conference matchups with four in October and three in November. Boise State will host two Sunday ESPN contests with New Mexico State on Oct. 7 and Nevada on Oct. 14. Sandwiched in between will be a Friday night contest with Hawai‘i traveling to San Jose State (ESPN). The October schedule concludes with Fresno State hosting Boise State on Friday, Oct. 26 (ESPN2).

November opens up with a Friday contest between Nevada and New Mexico State in Las Cruces on Nov. 2 (ESPN2). Two weeks later, Hawai‘i travels to Reno to face the Wolf Pack on Nov. 16 (ESPN2). The day after Thanksgiving will feature the top two WAC teams from 2006 as Hawai‘i hosts Boise State in an ESPN2 telecast.

The television schedule concludes with a couple of non-conference games as Fresno State hosts Kansas State on Saturday, Nov. 24 and Hawai‘i welcomes Washington a week later. Both of those games will be shown on either ESPN or ESPN2 with the exact time and network to be determined at a later date.

“This schedule will once again showcase WAC football around the country,” said WAC Commissioner Karl Benson. “With the WAC coming off a tremendous 2006 season, this schedule will enable the nation to see some of the top teams and players in all of college football perform in one of the most exciting conferences in the country.”

2007 WAC ESPN Television Schedule
    Thursday, Sept. 27, Southern Mississippi at Boise State, ESPN, 5:30 p.m. MT
    Sunday, Oct. 7, New Mexico State at Boise State, ESPN, 6:00 p.m. MT
    Friday, Oct. 12, Hawai‘i at San Jose State, ESPN, 5:00 p.m. PT
    Sunday, Oct. 14, Nevada at Boise State, ESPN, 6:00 p.m. MT
    Friday, Oct. 26, Boise State at Fresno State, ESPN2, 6:00 p.m. PT
    Friday, Nov. 2, Nevada at New Mexico State, ESPN2, 6:00 p.m. MT
    Friday, Nov. 16, Hawai‘i at Nevada, ESPN2, 8:00 p.m. PT
    Friday, Nov. 23, Boise State at Hawai‘i, ESPN2, 4:00 p.m. HT
    Saturday, Nov. 24, Kansas State at Fresno State, ESPN or ESPN2, TBA
    Saturday, Dec. 1, Washington at Hawai‘i, ESPN or ESPN2, TBA

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: WAC TV ESPN--NO TECH

Evidence number 1982038947856739290 that the WAC doesn't care for Louisiana Tech. Now, we've got to have the type of season that makes them regret it.

***Can't really blame them after the most recent Fresno game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

***Can't really blame them after the most recent Fresno game.

exactly. we have to earn it.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    exactly. we have to earn it.
    With the new work ethic that appears to be spreading, I have a feeling we'll be right back in there this time next year.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Doesn't surprise me at all. We will dominate the WAC in the years to come but we will be their redheaded stepchild until then.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I would imagine that schedule isn't written in stone and if Tech has a game that looks more promising than the scheduled WAC game of the week, something might be worked out. I don't think Benson would raise his nose to ESPN two years in a row.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Well, they don't put 3-10 football teams on national TV. Also, we had the worst defense in the country las year. Does not make for good TV. Like it was stated earlier, after our winning season this year, we will be back on the schedule for 08.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

They didn't give USU a game either.

It's more like the Boise TV network

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Idaho , Utah St. and Tech do not deserve to be on ESPN. I see nothing wrong with that schedule. If I were not a Tech fan I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch us.

Like someone already said we are going to take care of this little problemm in short order and we will be back on that schedule in the upcoming years. I am not worried about it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Idaho , Utah St. and Tech do not deserve to be on ESPN. I see nothing wrong with that schedule. If I were not a Tech fan I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch us.

Like someone already said we are going to take care of this little problemm in short order and we will be back on that schedule in the upcoming years. I am not worried about it.
    I agree, BD13. Program directors are business people, and they have to put good teams on TV to draw viewers. I don't blame them one bit. Tech finished 3-10 and doesn't deserve to be in the mix (yet) with some of those teams.

Again, we can thank Reneau, Oakes and Bicknell for allowing the football program to completely tank before finally doing something about it. Now that we've righted the ship, we're just paying our dues.

HD

Bulldog BsuRep has turned a few heads around hereBsuRep has turned a few heads around hereBsuRep has turned a few heads around hereBsuRep has turned a few heads around here BsuRep's Avatar

Espn can add games if they so choose. They were going to add the SJSU-Boise game last year (then they pulled out for political reasons) but you would have never thought after the season SJSU had the year before. Theres hope yet, if you start winning at the beginning you could end up with a game on tv.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    They didn't give USU a game either. or Udaho

It's more like the Boise TV network
    HA!! I guess that's what they get for going undefeated!! ... ... ... ... ...:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I would imagine that schedule isn't written in stone and if Tech has a game that looks more promising than the scheduled WAC game of the week, something might be worked out. I don't think Benson would raise his nose to ESPN two years in a row.

Fully agree. ESPN will change the schedule if win/loss records dictate they should.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I guess I can live with it as long as WACTV has the games. I want to be able to WATCH the Bulldogs..

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree, BD13. Program directors are business people, and they have to put good teams on TV to draw viewers. I don't blame them one bit. Tech finished 3-10 and doesn't deserve to be in the mix (yet) with some of those teams.

Again, we can thank Reneau, Oakes and Bicknell for allowing the football program to completely tank before finally doing something about it. Now that we've righted the ship, we're just paying our dues.

HD
    Last year JO pulled a rabbit out of his a## and we played the Cornhuskers on national TV - one for the money, and two for national publicity of our University. Unfortunately, we stunk it up in the second half on national TV.

This year the suprise might be that we end up having a good football team. So folks across the country will just have to wait untill bowl season to see.

+ Reply to Thread