+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech-NMSU Game 2

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech-NMSU Game 2

the rule is that a SP must go 5 full innings to qualify for the win. if his team is winning at the time the SP leaves te game and he has completed 5 or more innings then he would get the win. hence Rupert did not qualify.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    That's not how it works. A pitcher gets the win if he is pitching when the winning run is scored. Lassere was the pitcher when the 11th run was scored, so he gets the win. When NM St. tied the game, Rupert immediately gets the no decision.

The same is true for the loss. If the starter leaves down by ten, he'll get the no decision if his team scores at least ten runs in the game.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, but that's not the case. NM St. never tied the game. The reason Rupert didn't get the win is because he didn't qualify, like omahadawg said.

Bulldog pickoff is an unknown

I can't tell how good it feels for Andrew to come in and contribute to the team winning. He needed that bad. I hope this team can build on this weekend because they have a tough travel schedule ahead of them. After looking at the rest of the conference, we need to keep pace. One more tomorrow for the sweep. Good job guys!

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Talked to Moseley at Taco Bell last night, and he said he is gonna start tomorrow.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Pickoff, Andrew was ON tonight- very impressive stuff! I think he will be in the starting weekend rotation next year.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

speaking of pickoff...nmsu's third basemen came into the dugout during their big inning and was yelling at us that Rupert was "f***ing terrible!"...and then, after his next at bat...he got picked off. It was great.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pickoff View Post
    I can't tell how good it feels for Andrew to come in and contribute to the team winning. He needed that bad. I hope this team can build on this weekend because they have a tough travel schedule ahead of them. After looking at the rest of the conference, we need to keep pace. One more tomorrow for the sweep. Good job guys!

I am very happy for him. That was a big win. He walked 1 and gave up only 4 hits, pretty dang good. He has been one of my favorite players since his freshman year. After his freshman year, I thought he was gonna be one of our starters for the next 3 years. Does he prefer to strat or come in relief? If Rupert can't get it done, he may work his way back into a starting role. Anyway, he stepped up big, that was huge win for him and the team.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    the rule is that a SP must go 5 full innings to qualify for the win. if his team is winning at the time the SP leaves te game and he has completed 5 or more innings then he would get the win. hence Rupert did not qualify.
    Explain this one to me, Omaha. I went to an LSU game (dont hate me, just to see my friend pitch), and the SP went 4 and 2/3. My friend came in and pitched 3 and 1/3 to end the game. It was called after 8 because the team had to get home or something. The SP got the win although he only threw 4 and 2/3, I asked my friend who should have gotten the win, IMO, and he said it was at the discretion of the scorekeeper who got the win in that situation. Have you ever heard of this? I doubt Major Leagues deals with this much, but I could see a game that gets ended by rain in the 8th having the same situation.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I was absolutely sure the win went to the pitcher who was pitching when the winning run was scored and I stand corrected. I checked the NCAA and MLB rules and both verify what you say.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, but that's not the case. NM St. never tied the game. The reason Rupert didn't get the win is because he didn't qualify, like omahadawg said.
    I didn't mean tied the game, I meant tied the number of runs that Tech had when Rupert left (9). Either way, I stand corrected.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Explain this one to me, Omaha. I went to an LSU game (dont hate me, just to see my friend pitch), and the SP went 4 and 2/3. My friend came in and pitched 3 and 1/3 to end the game. It was called after 8 because the team had to get home or something. The SP got the win although he only threw 4 and 2/3, I asked my friend who should have gotten the win, IMO, and he said it was at the discretion of the scorekeeper who got the win in that situation. Have you ever heard of this? I doubt Major Leagues deals with this much, but I could see a game that gets ended by rain in the 8th having the same situation.
    In a shortened game I BELIEVE that it is at the discretion of the scorekeeper. One other thing is in college ball if a pitcher is designated to not go more than X amount of innings (less than 5), then the scorekeeper can also give that pitcher the win if it applies.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I am very happy for him. That was a big win. He walked 1 and gave up only 4 hits, pretty dang good. He has been one of my favorite players since his freshman year. After his freshman year, I thought he was gonna be one of our starters for the next 3 years. Does he prefer to strat or come in relief? If Rupert can't get it done, he may work his way back into a starting role. Anyway, he stepped up big, that was huge win for him and the team.
    I tell you what, there seems to be a lot of talent that comes out of st charles parish.

+ Reply to Thread