+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

I understand your lack of trust of SGA, they are inept alot. Which probably means they didn't come up w/ this great plan it was pushed down on them by Student Affairs (ie King). I have alot of faith in the Student Affairs department after, working for them and the great job they have done w/ UP. They always have a project in the pipeline to make the campus better and when they can get the money for them they always meet if not exceed expectations.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

That's just it though...this idea was conceived by a member of SGA (Matt Babcock), not student affairs. What I found disappointing was the fact that there were two days to vote, and only %10 of the student body voted. 1200 people out of 12,000. That leads one to believe that most of these people only voted because they happened to walk by and say, "Oh, i didn't realize we were voting on something." Then after approaching the polling site, these people that had uninformed opinions were told "VOTE YES FOR CHANGE FOR CHANGE" by posters and workers. That's bogus. SGA has once again failed to follow rules set forth in their OWN by-laws.

I for one voted yes, and I'm glad it passed, but I have always been a fan of a fair fight. And this certainly wasn't.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Exactly. SGA screwed this up in almost every possible way. As discussed previously they didn't inform the students. And now they bias the voting. But not only that we have seen that SGA has gotten the blame ready to be passed on to Student Affairs if this fails while being ready to take the credit. I agree with jr that I am glad this passed but hopefully some of the SGA members on this board will try and avoid stuff like this in the future.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Okay, yeah...its pretty clear that SGA couldn't follow its own rules even after the whole Caleb debacle last year. But its also clear that juice and ag_jr have an obvious and seemingly overwhelming contempt for SGA. I also tired off hearing people say, "I voted no but I hope it happens." Way to take a stand .

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I voted yes. But SGA sucks. This is absolutely terrible.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I don't have a contempt for the idea of SGA or even the people in it (my girlfriend is in SGA). I have a problem with how it is run. I hate pass the buck politics as well as cheap tricks to get what you want passed. Why should the school be run by such a few active members of SGA?

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Okay, yeah...its pretty clear that SGA couldn't follow its own rules even after the whole Caleb debacle last year. But its also clear that juice and ag_jr have an obvious and seemingly overwhelming contempt for SGA. I also tired off hearing people say, "I voted no but I hope it happens." Way to take a stand .
    look i love the idea of it but i just can see it falling through thats why i voted no . . . I have said that from the beginning. If someone does file anything they can have my pictures as proof. and if the vote passes by over 1000 and 1200 students voted . . . isn't that a little crazy . . . when i asked my roommate if she voted her response to me was "wait when did this happen" and "i didn't even know we were supposed to vote this week. Where were the fliers?"

Look the point is SGA screwed up yet again. I hope this helps out with the future of SGA in making it better. We all have to learn from our mistakes.

Not all members of the SGA are bad don't take what i am saying that way. I have some friends who are on it that I know are responsible and very knowledgable.

SGA needs to abide by its own rules if they expect us to follow any of theirs

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think it's very suspicious and a very good case could be made that these votes were influenced when you consider hardly anyone knew about the vote and of the 1,200 that voted, 1,000 of them voted for it. Sounds like the SGA found enough people that would vote for it and didn't want to attract unwanted votes.

Puppy Roadwild17 has turned a few heads around hereRoadwild17 has turned a few heads around here

Overall the SGA is a joke. Sure, it is a good idea and while I dont know a lot of people there, I'm sure they are good people. That being said, they remind me of a chicken running around with its head cut off.
    The reason I would love to see this happen but voted no is because I don't believe the SGA is capable of making this happen. Sure it all looks good in the drawings, but UP also looked different from what it currently is. It seams they only "advertise" in area where they believe they will get a response they want, such as a "new" intramural in the current intramural.

I hope atleast somebody appeals. Apparently an appeal has to be in by 3 today but I don't know how many people have actually heard that it passed.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think it's very suspicious and a very good case could be made that these votes were influenced when you consider hardly anyone knew about the vote and of the 1,200 that voted, 1,000 of them voted for it. Sounds like the SGA found enough people that would vote for it and didn't want to attract unwanted votes.
    Sounds like a conspiracy case to me. But this is the same thing as American voters isn't it?? Doesn't normally only 10% of registered voters come out to the polls.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roadwild17 View Post
    Overall the SGA is a joke. Sure, it is a good idea and while I dont know a lot of people there, I'm sure they are good people. That being said, they remind me of a chicken running around with its head cut off.
    The reason I would love to see this happen but voted no is because I don't believe the SGA is capable of making this happen. Sure it all looks good in the drawings, but UP also looked different from what it currently is. It seams they only "advertise" in area where they believe they will get a response they want, such as a "new" intramural in the current intramural.
    I don't think the SGA is responsible for building this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only reason the SGA was involved was to put the fee up to a vote. And if the vote passes, the matter then passes to Jim King, who would be in charge of the building contracts, etc.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roadwild17 View Post
    SGA is not in charge of gathering the funds or spending them. They are the means through which fees get passed. Maybe the intramural center was their idea (I'm not sure how accurate a statement that is), but I'm sure that is the extent of their involvement.

Puppy Roadwild17 has turned a few heads around hereRoadwild17 has turned a few heads around here

fee up to a vote
    So the only thing the SGA has to do with is the vote, kind of ironic being thats what they screwed up.

Hopefully BLUE can find some time to address the issue.

+ Reply to Thread