+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Doc, this is a terrific post. However, I would like to mention that this is not a debate between the Blue and the Bulldog Corps as was the case in the past.

It should be clarified that BLUE was not the champion of this referrendum and that the SGA is not the Borg. BLUE is the one who brought it to BBB. If an individual is to blame, blame the leader. Is it surprising that the same tactics used for his election were used for the referrendum? Caleb was mistaken to limit BLUE's involvement in this referrendum. While we've had our differences, I am confident in BLUE's ability to find his face with both hands.

Juice, I voted no; but, it is clear the students want this. My suggestion is to discuss with Caleb and the SGA changing the bylaws to include specific punishments and consequences for violating the campaigning rules. While the SGA clearly violated their own rules, the students clearly wanted this. The students shouldn't be punished for the SGA's bad form.

I hope that everyone's confidence in Mr. King is warranted and that our new expansions are everything we hoped they could be.
    great post, especially the bold part.

Puppy Roadwild17 has turned a few heads around hereRoadwild17 has turned a few heads around here

I wonder if this will make it to the tech talk? Maby let the students find out EVERYTHING that is going on.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    I was not there when the picture was taken but this was during the voting time. It was taken Wednesday around 1pm so voting was still going on.

And Juice, I'll be there if you need me to be. The SGA was wrong in breaking their own rules.

So whoever took the picture didn't say anything at the time?? Do I smell chicken shit?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Just wait until I post the pictures of you I'm going to take at the spring game.

Unfortunately, I won't be there.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    DO IT! You can't change things from the outside. You don't have the power. TAKE the power and do something about it.
    Juice, I think that you are wording this wrong. It's not an appeal to this last vote that you are wanting, you are wanting to file a complaint against the SGA for your reasons. I think that you have many valid points, but it does seem personal with some of your posts.

Blue, I was hoping for something better from you. It seems to me that the tone of your post was rubbing his face in the fact that the vote passed. If this was your intended tone, then you are wrong for that and you are in the wrong position. I truly hope that it wasn't your tone.

EVERYTIME that their is any debate with you guys it seems personal. The BLUE and the Bulldawg corp have the same mission just different paths. GET OVER IT and get on with life. If you would stop debating and fighting everything, your energy could used for greater things.
    What do you want me to say? The SGA people I've talked to know nothing about this. I went to one Change for Change meeting and was never asked back. I figured I would let BBB know about it. I invited people on Facebook to vote YES and called many of my friends to vote. I worked for an hour at the polling station not in question. I just found out about all of this mess a few hours ago. I've made no personal attacks. I don't really understand what is going on, and I think that it is all stupid. I know SGA has problems, and I've admitted that. There is only so much I can do.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Doc, this is a terrific post. However, I would like to mention that this is not a debate between the Blue and the Bulldog Corps as was the case in the past.

It should be clarified that BLUE was not the champion of this referrendum and that the SGA is not the Borg. BLUE is the one who brought it to BBB. If an individual is to blame, blame the leader. Is it surprising that the same tactics used for his election were used for the referrendum? Caleb was mistaken to limit BLUE's involvement in this referrendum. While we've had our differences, I am confident in BLUE's ability to find his face with both hands.

Juice, I voted no; but, it is clear the students want this. My suggestion is to discuss with Caleb and the SGA changing the bylaws to include specific punishments and consequences for violating the campaigning rules. While the SGA clearly violated their own rules, the students clearly wanted this. The students shouldn't be punished for the SGA's bad form.

I hope that everyone's confidence in Mr. King is warranted and that our new expansions are everything we hoped they could be.
    Thank you. Caleb was mistaken to limit Babcock's involvement with the referendum. And the referendum that was shown to voters on the election website was not drafted by Babcock.

All of those bylaws were supposed to be fixed this past year so this wouldn't happen again. The senate did nothing, and look what happened.

I also can't believe that NOBODY said anything about the Vote YES poster by the polling station in the intramural center until AFTER the results were released.

I don't really think the students are being punished.

Dr. King, Dickie Crawford, Bobby Dowling, and Linda Griffin will get this done and done right. Rest assured. This is no longer in SGA's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    More pics...Enjoy!...and vote YES!!!

This is the view from what is now the parking lot between the Intramural Center and University Park and behind the intramural softball field. It would become the main entrance to the Intramural Center.

And to refresh your mind, here are the previous pics again:

VOTE YES!
    Plus a new tennis facility

Plus a transforming the Natatorium into a service learning center

Just wanted to remind everybody about what this is really about.
    This is what will happen assuming that the vote stands as is.

And this is what would happen if an appeal was granted or if the students voted NO.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    It isn't about not wanting to see Tech improve. It is about finding the best way to do it. Some of you are really not looking at this the right way. Yes we need improvements. No we don't need to vote a poorly written and proposed referendum because it is the first thing that comes up. Everyone wants to see these improvements. I can't believe that we have people on here acting like we don't want this. Get rid of the "if you are not with us you are against us mentality." Instead of treating us like this why don't you atleast try and understand the problem. Maybe next time though SGA will pass a bad idea on the student body because they do a poor job informing the students and bias those that are informed.

But Pup learn the issues. It isn't just signs. It is the structure of the referendum (which the SGA president has even conceded to me is more of a sales pitch than an amendment). It is illegal emails sent out by SGA to influence votes (also poorly written). It is SGA members soliciting votes for this at the polling sites through what the members tell the voters and what the posters say. If there was one problem I would have not said a thing. But SGA broke the rules. And this issue represented a case that an appeal had to be heard. I know and knew while writing it that a change will not occur. But next time SGA will be more careful that they know an appeal can come if they break the rules.
    Juice, you're not making sense. If, as you told Pup, it was all these issues, then why vote for it? It seems to me that these issues were apparent before you voted. If you think this was done wrong, and you think this could be done better on another vote, then why vote "yes" and appeal it after the vote? I'd bet if you voted "no" and appealed, you would have been taken more seriously.

Personally, I disagree with johnny about it being a vendetta. I don't think it has anything to do with anybody else on the SGA. I think it's all about you.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

And this is what would happen if an appeal was granted or if the students voted NO.

BLUE, you must want to be a politician, and you're speaking out your ass just like one. I find it offensive that you would characterize a choice (that is enough of a choice to require a vote of the student body) as a choice between great facilities or NOTHING.

To be correct, the choice was between sweet new facilities and a self-imposed quarterly assessment of $25. The other thing to note, or at least I'd assume, is that voting no means continuation of the current facilities and IM space.

Perhaps (nothing) would happen if the students voted no, but I don't know why there is a presumed value in change. And I'm sure the XBOX games or whatever students/parents would do with the money would be SOMETHING in the event that the measure didn't pass..

In politics, intellectual honesty is a must. Learn it now.

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    BLUE, you must want to be a politician, and you're speaking out your ass just like one. I find it offensive that you would characterize a choice (that is enough of a choice to require a vote of the student body) as a choice between great facilities or NOTHING.

To be correct, the choice was between sweet new facilities and a self-imposed quarterly assessment of $25. The other thing to note, or at least I'd assume, is that voting no means continuation of the current facilities and IM space.

Perhaps (nothing) would happen if the students voted no, but I don't know why there is a presumed value in change. And I'm sure the XBOX games or whatever students/parents would do with the money would be SOMETHING in the event that the measure didn't pass..

In politics, intellectual honesty is a must. Learn it now.
    lol. I was just trying to make a point, and I was being honest. If the students voted NO, TECH would get nothing! You validated my point with the above bolded statement.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

lol. I was just trying to make a point, and I was being honest. If the students voted NO, TECH would get nothing! You validated my point with the above bolded statement.
    TECH? Why should TECH get anything from the students? The students are the ones who are voting to give up something in order to get something. They get a new facility for $25 a quarter. What they get if they vote no is whatever else they want for $25 a quarter.

I should point out that this is also becoming a smoke and mirrors game... I must say, for a politician, that's good form. As I just stated, the real issue of the vote is what the students give up and what they get. You're just changing the focus so you can continue to be "honest."

TECH? Why should TECH get anything from the students? The students are the ones who are voting to give up something in order to get something. They get a new facility for $25 a quarter. What they get if they vote no is whatever else they want for $25 a quarter.
    You've totally missed my point. I brought that stuff back up remind people that this is not about individuals. This is about Louisiana Tech!

I should point out that this is also becoming a smoke and mirrors game... I must say, for a politician, that's good form. As I just stated, the real issue of the vote is what the students give up and what they get. You're just changing the focus so you can continue to be "honest."
    That hasn't been an issue with a single poster on here. And I am not a politician!

+ Reply to Thread