+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Re: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    You've totally missed my point. I brought that stuff back up remind people that this is not about individuals. This is about Louisiana Tech!
    oh boy, i'm trying hard to keep this from becoming a political thread. just.. can't.. stop!! I'll only say the issue is very much about individuals.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    That hasn't been an issue with a single poster on here. And I am not a politician!
    just because everyone you talk to thinks it's a "no-brainer" does not mean that there is not a choice (and an alternative).

carry on, just wanted to make a point.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    just because everyone you talk to thinks it's a "no-brainer" does not mean that there is not a choice (and an alternative).
    Okay, so? Your right that was the choice the students had to make. The overwhelming majority of those who voted, voted yes. The issue is if its a fair representation of the student body considering the alleged violations by SGA. And secondly, whether appealing a proposal that you voted for and which passed is rational or irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Okay, so? Your right that was the choice the students had to make. The overwhelming majority of those who voted, voted yes. The issue is if its a fair representation of the student body considering the alleged violations by SGA. And secondly, whether appealing a proposal that you voted for and which passed is rational or irrational.
    Armada, I was only taking issue with BLUE's representation of the choice on #247-248.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Armada, I was only taking issue with BLUE's representation of the choice on #247-248.
    Fair enough.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

correct me if i'm wrong, but construction starts this summer essentially right?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Juice, you're not making sense. If, as you told Pup, it was all these issues, then why vote for it? It seems to me that these issues were apparent before you voted. If you think this was done wrong, and you think this could be done better on another vote, then why vote "yes" and appeal it after the vote? I'd bet if you voted "no" and appealed, you would have been taken more seriously.

Personally, I disagree with johnny about it being a vendetta. I don't think it has anything to do with anybody else on the SGA. I think it's all about you.
    Ok I am making no sense. Doc is right that I am wording it wrong. I sent in an appeal but I am not appealing the decision per se. I know my appeal won't be heard. If it even is heard I know it won't get overturned. If it somehow gets overturned I know they would put it on the next ballot where it would get passed by a landslide (like it did this time). That is why I had a nice long talk with Caleb and made this more of a complaint about how SGA did this. Believe me Dirty this is not about me at all. I took the first step to show what SGA did wrong in the election but I have no plans of taking this any further. The reason this thread started getting personal is because of all the comments that I am not a true Tech fan if I would dare appeal this or think parts of this referendum are a waste (still don't see the need for the restraunt or moving health center).

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Ok I am making no sense. Doc is right that I am wording it wrong. I sent in an appeal but I am not appealing the decision per se. I know my appeal won't be heard. If it even is heard I know it won't get overturned. If it somehow gets overturned I know they would put it on the next ballot where it would get passed by a landslide (like it did this time). That is why I had a nice long talk with Caleb and made this more of a complaint about how SGA did this. Believe me Dirty this is not about me at all. I took the first step to show what SGA did wrong in the election but I have no plans of taking this any further. The reason this thread started getting personal is because of all the comments that I am not a true Tech fan if I would dare appeal this or think parts of this referendum are a waste (still don't see the need for the restraunt or moving health center).
    Well, I'll never doubt that you're a true Tech fan. And if I came off too strong, I apologize. I didn't really get to finish my thought about it being about you because I was running late for my massage and facial (okay Doc, I'll give you that softball). Anyway, the reason I was saying it's about you is because in reading your posts which apparently I was misreading, I couldn't help but notice how much you reminded me of me at your age. Scary, isn't it? Sometimes, it's better to know you are right and let it go. I hope you learn the real issues to fight over sooner than I did.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Well, I'll never doubt that you're a true Tech fan. And if I came off too strong, I apologize. I didn't really get to finish my thought about it being about you because I was running late for my massage and facial (okay Doc, I'll give you that softball).
    Dang, Dirty. A softball is one thing, but did you really have to slow-pitch it? Are you trying to insult Doc's sniping ability?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Dang, Dirty. A softball is one thing, but did you really have to slow-pitch it? Are you trying to insult Doc's sniping ability?

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    HAHAHAHA!!! THAT'S AWESOME!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Bump

Anyone know when they are planning on starting? Have they already started and I just haven't noticed?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Nothing has started and there is nothing in place to start.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Bump

Anyone know when they are planning on starting? Have they already started and I just haven't noticed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Nothing has started and there is nothing in place to start.
    That sucks. Juice, sorta makes you wish you had filed an objection to it after it passed, doesn't it?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Working from memory, we were told it would start "as early as July." July is barely over a week old so I am willing to cut them some slack.

If you're really wondering about it you could always e-mail Dickie Crawford, or better yet, Jim King.

crawford@latech.edu or king@latech.edu

+ Reply to Thread