+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech soccer coach

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Tech soccer coach

How much longer will the administration drag this out? This is the beginning of the sixth week of Coach Rich Stoneman as interim head coach. Either go ahead and hire him as the head coach or allow him to find another coaching opportunity instead of hanging him on by a thread. The delay in naming him head coach is a sign of putting this decision on the back burner. A committment needs to be made to Coach Stoneman because the handling of this process has shown a lack of committment to soccer at this university.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Tech soccer coach

The position was formally advertised; I'm sure there are personnel rules regarding time frame for taking applications when a position is advertised. The word I get is Rich is the one, though.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The position was formally advertised; I'm sure there are personnel rules regarding time frame for taking applications when a position is advertised. The word I get is Rich is the one, though.
    Yea, it takes six weeks to hire anyone in the State of Louisiana.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Our department head and associate dean have been "interim" for about 2 years now.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

NCAA- It has to be advertised for two weeks.

They didn't get it posted until about 2.5 weeks after Jen quit. Then you had Easter Break thrown in at the end of the two weeks. They should make a decision within the next 7 days. I have talked to some of the people involved in the hiring process and they assure me that the decision is coming anyday.

Rich is the one unless some really impressive person comes out of no where. There are roughly 50 applicants this time around but very few with any experience. The one thing that could keep Rich from the job is if a qualified female applied. Since its a womens sport, there are some title IX regulations that would put her at the head of the list (if and only if the qualifications are equal). Right now I don't believe that is the case, as very few women have even applied this time. It's around 6% of the applicants are female.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

That being said, we should all thank coach Stoneman for keeping this thing a float right now and not losing any recruits. There are lawyers out there that specialize in getting kids out of their official letters in situations where their is a coaching change etc.... He also has a couple of kids he is lining up on for the class next year, that are solid kids and players.

He is being very proactive and I for one hope he is gven the chance to guide the program, because he has really bled Tech since this thing began.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    NCAA- It has to be advertised for two weeks.

They didn't get it posted until about 2.5 weeks after Jen quit. Then you had Easter Break thrown in at the end of the two weeks. They should make a decision within the next 7 days. I have talked to some of the people involved in the hiring process and they assure me that the decision is coming anyday.

Rich is the one unless some really impressive person comes out of no where. There are roughly 50 applicants this time around but very few with any experience. The one thing that could keep Rich from the job is if a qualified female applied. Since its a womens sport, there are some title IX regulations that would put her at the head of the list (if and only if the qualifications are equal). Right now I don't believe that is the case, as very few women have even applied this time. It's around 6% of the applicants are female.
    Anyday has turned into a month and still no head coach hired. This program is falling apart and this has to be hurting them in recruiting while the administration continues to show a lack of committment to soccer at this university. I just hope the current group of players have the same amount of patience as Rich does.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I hear that if the administration doesnt move soon, Rich could walk away. DONT LET HIM GO!!!!!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I hear that if the administration doesnt move soon, Rich could walk away. DONT LET HIM GO!!!!!

maybe joakes is trying to get one last laugh?

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

I heard Rich is gone already,new coach to be announced soon.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    I heard Rich is gone already,new coach to be announced soon.
    If that's true, it's a disgrace.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I've also heard Rich is not the head coach. Speculative rumor is that the head coach from Northwestern will be taking control, but there are some more interviews.

Barring any unforeseen problems like what recently arose. The new coach will probably be selected today with an announcement early next week. If not it will be soon. I know the situation seems bad, but it is being taken care of as quickly as they can at this point.

That may not satisfy everyone, but it is the best information I can offer.
    Last edited by DallasDog; 05-10-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Puppy dawg07 is an unknown

This is my first post but I have been reading for a while now. I just wanted to tell everyone that a friend of mine and I were talking to a soccer player today and she said that Rich has already resigned and that the soccer players will have more info tomorrow about whether they have a new coach or if there will even be a team next year.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I've also heard Rich is not the head coach. Speculative rumor is that the head coach from Northwestern will be taking control, but there are some more interviews.

http://www.nsudemons.com/sports/soccer/coaches.asp

+ Reply to Thread