+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech soccer coach

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Re: Tech soccer coach

Yes, part of the problem, if you want to call it one, is that Tech does not care about any female sport outside of basketball. And, potential coaches know it. The coach at NSU is top notch. But, he, and other top canidates, would not touch the Tech job because it is not a serious job. They don't have a field. And, the AD doesn't care about the sport. Why would you want to leave a good program for that?

That is a shame. There are some states in the WAC, like Colorado, that have strong club programs from which Tech could recruit. But, soccer is a sport at Tech for one reason: title nine. That is it.
    Last edited by RockNRoll Warrior; 05-18-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Bulldog CENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the ears

oakes could not hire squat and really doesn't care that he can't. that is before you even consider no one would believe or trust him anyway.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Anybody know anything about why they cut Rich loose?

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Was he let go?

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll Warrior View Post
    Was he let go?
    YES HE WAS.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    YES HE WAS.
    Actually, after being the interim head coach all through the spring the administration offered him his same assistant job he previously held so Rich left. This is after he was told to look for assitant coaches.

I think the question should be why wasn't he hired as head coach?

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

And now with the spring quarter ending yesterday, the players going home for the summer won't even meet the new coach until August for preseason. The players on the team are the ones suffering the most and it's not fair to them.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9 View Post
    And now with the spring quarter ending yesterday, the players going home for the summer won't even meet the new coach until August for preseason. The players on the team are the ones suffering the most and it's not fair to them.
    You are so correct. This, and the way the women's program has been and is being run is an extreme embarrassment. It just isn't seen by the general puyblic. Its called rinky dink. We are a rinky dink university.

Puppy DawgGone is on the way down

Why would they offer Rich an assistants position, shouldnt the next head coach be able to hire his own assistants. I just cant imagine they offered Rich anything but a Thank You. I have heard they wanted Rich the whole spring but was trying to get the Basketball stuff finished and then was going to hire Rich. I have also heard that there may have been some negative references on Rich. I dont know as fact just hear say. Why dont we hire an assistant from ULM or NSU or McNeese, we need to hire someone quick. I cant imagine that the program is in good shape with future recruits not to mention the current players.

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGone View Post
    Why would they offer Rich an assistants position, shouldnt the next head coach be able to hire his own assistants. I just cant imagine they offered Rich anything but a Thank You. I have heard they wanted Rich the whole spring but was trying to get the Basketball stuff finished and then was going to hire Rich. I have also heard that there may have been some negative references on Rich. I dont know as fact just hear say. Why dont we hire an assistant from ULM or NSU or McNeese, we need to hire someone quick. I cant imagine that the program is in good shape with future recruits not to mention the current players.
    I heard the same thing about some past negative references.We definately need to act quickly.We are loosing valuable recruiting time and I am sure the players we were recruiting for next year are loosing interest fast,as well as some of the current players.We need to hire someone with experience,but with the salary and the facility problem this will be hard.No matter what Jim and MKH think facilities matter. The current players are finding out just what they mean to Tech,it has been about 10-11 weeks they have been looking to hire someone.Funny it didn't take that long for a basketball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGone View Post
    The same way the administration kept Coach Hines, Coach Jackson, and Coach Perot on the football staff while they hired a new head coach. My guess is they wanted to make the transition easier on the players and the recruits with the head coaching change.

About the negative references, how come none of this stuff came up in the past 3 years while he was an assistant? I have a hard time believing that some negative references kept him from getting the job unless they came from some influential people who wanted someone else (J. Mitchell) to have the job but he turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9 View Post
    The same way the administration kept Coach Hines, Coach Jackson, and Coach Perot on the football staff while they hired a new head coach. My guess is they wanted to make the transition easier on the players and the recruits with the head coaching change.

About the negative references, how come none of this stuff came up in the past 3 years while he was an assistant? I have a hard time believing that some negative references kept him from getting the job unless they came from some influential people who wanted someone else (J. Mitchell) to have the job but he turned it down.
    They were not looking at his background until they looked at him for a head coaching position.The job was his until this came up.When Burns resigned there was an article on the website,there was no article stating that Rich resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    They were not looking at his background until they looked at him for a head coaching position.The job was his until this came up.When Burns resigned there was an article on the website,there was no article stating that Rich resigned.
    What does an article on the website have to do with anything? The SID dept. never put up an article saying JB III or KR were gone. You were the first person to say Rich left anyway and that they would hire a head coach soon.

And since you know the answer to the million dollar question why not share with us?

Puppy DawgGone is on the way down

I dont think that JMitchell had anything to do with Rich not getting the job. If Mitchell had anything to do with it he would have taken the job himself. Could they hire Rich if the references werent good. I believe that our admin was put into a very diffilcut situation. I think they did what they had to do with Rich. I have heard that several assistants have applied and have not gotten responses. Once again, if Mitchell was the man shouldnt his assistant be a good choice as well, or the assistant at ULM who knows the area. I dont know are claim to know whats going on but it is obvious whats not going on and that is us getting a new head coach.

I agree with you that first and foremost we have to find a new head coach.

But maybe we have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward. Why did Jen resign in the first place?

+ Reply to Thread