+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech soccer coach

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Tech soccer coach

Is the coach from Northwestern better than Rich? Did Rich Have some skeletons in his closet or something? I know ZERO about soccer except that you kick a ball into a net, but everyone seemed to say Rich was a great coach. If so, why didn't he get the job, or is this guy from N'western that much better? Someone w/ some scoop needs to spill the beans and tell us. What is taking so long on this? If we do get the coach from Northwestern, it wouldn't surprise me that they have it on their website that he resigned before we have it on ours that we hired him.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

At least one player has quit and others are threatening.The Tech administration knows NOTHING about soccer and they could not care less.There is no support from the administration.The soccer team has no facilities to call their own and were kicked off the football team several times this spring.These girls are division one athletes that are treated worst than stepchildren.This is valuable recuiting time that is being lost.They used Rich because they had no one else.He was led to believe he was getting the job.He had no choice,but to leave. If he had skeletons in his closet ,they did not come out the three years he was here.Why now?They will have a hard time getting anyone to take this job,for the money they pay and the support they offer.Iwould really be surprised if Jimmy Mitchell would leave his great facilities at NW.Yes they will field a team,but this will set the program back to square one.The first team was comprised of anybody on campus that wanted to play.There was no opportunity to recruit,now that the program was finally getting somewhere,this happens.The only people this hurts are the players.I hate to see this happen to them.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    At least one player has quit and others are threatening.The Tech administration knows NOTHING about soccer and they could not care less.There is no support from the administration.The soccer team has no facilities to call their own and were kicked off the football team several times this spring.These girls are division one athletes that are treated worst than stepchildren.This is valuable recuiting time that is being lost.They used Rich because they had no one else.He was led to believe he was getting the job.He had no choice,but to leave. If he had skeletons in his closet ,they did not come out the three years he was here.Why now?They will have a hard time getting anyone to take this job,for the money they pay and the support they offer.Iwould really be surprised if Jimmy Mitchell would leave his great facilities at NW.Yes they will field a team,but this will set the program back to square one.The first team was comprised of anybody on campus that wanted to play.There was no opportunity to recruit,now that the program was finally getting somewhere,this happens.The only people this hurts are the players.I hate to see this happen to them.
    Are you really surprised by all of this. if Joakes is in charge, this will continue to happen. I wonder what their reasoning is for not hiring Rich, and what the hell is taking so long to get a coach. Its crap like this that makes me want to form tackle Joakes when I see him. He is so clueless.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

You are so right it all goes back to him.This trend will continue as we lose good people.It will get harder and harder to attract quality coaches.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I have never heard one bad word about Rich and most everyone seemed to think he was a logical choice to continue moving the program forward. He told me over a month ago that he was getting hints that he would get the job. If he got the runaround or is the victim of false promises, it is disgusting. A shame to lose a guy that is well liked, apparently very competent, and respected by the team. I hate to see team members leave over this but I have sympathized with softball players who have quit this year because of turmoil so I can't blame the soccer players if they follow suit.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Seriously? I can't believe some of the comments of this thread. First I know nothing about soccer. I don't know if Rich was a good coach or not. I don't know if the NWST coach is a good coach or not. But this thread is slowly turning into the most hypocrtical thread in BBB history. In any other sport everyone on here would be complaining if we did a huge search for a new soccer coach and hired our interim coach. In every other sport we would be calling for a huge new change of blood. But because there is a chance to blame JO for this lets go back saying Rich never should have left.

But this guy is 75-57-12 along with leading the only Louisiana college to an NCAA tournament (a few times). Say what you want about Rich but this guy sounds like a good coach.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

well like you said...You dont know whats really going on

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    well like you said...You dont know whats really going on
    We are talking about a team that has never won a conference game. Can you honestly tell me that in any other sport anyone would be saying we need to keep the assistant coach? Especially when we are talking about the new coach being someone who has won his conference and gone to several NCAA tournaments. BTW we have never beaten NWST.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems our entire women's athletic program suxs, except track.

We tied them during the season and we won their 7 aside tournament this spring.Btw it takes time to build a program first year no recruits walk ons from school.second year all freshman.1 returning player.3rd year tied wac game and lost some close games by one goal.this would have been a great year,we would have won some wac games.NOW WE GET TO START ALL OVER.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Seriously? I can't believe some of the comments of this thread. First I know nothing about soccer. I don't know if Rich was a good coach or not. I don't know if the NWST coach is a good coach or not. But this thread is slowly turning into the most hypocrtical thread in BBB history. In any other sport everyone on here would be complaining if we did a huge search for a new soccer coach and hired our interim coach. In every other sport we would be calling for a huge new change of blood. But because there is a chance to blame JO for this lets go back saying Rich never should have left.

But this guy is 75-57-12 along with leading the only Louisiana college to an NCAA tournament (a few times). Say what you want about Rich but this guy sounds like a good coach.
    Head coach Tamura Crawley, who played for Rich at Baylor, led Grambling to a 5-0 loss to Texas A&M last year in the first round of the NCAA Division I women’s soccer tournament.

http://www.ncaasports.com/soccer/wom...64_dyn/2006/DI

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9 View Post
    Tamura Crawley, who played under Rich at Baylor, led Grambling lost 5-0 to Texas A&M last year in the first round of the NCAA Division I women’s soccer tournament.

http://www.ncaasports.com/soccer/wom...64_dyn/2006/DI
    I got that from the bio on the NWST page. I guess they haven't updated.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

They haven't updated that page for the next year. This year grambling made it from the SWAC and McNeese won the auto bid from the Southland.
    Last edited by DallasDog; 05-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Any more info about why Rich got the shaft?

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I've also heard Rich is not the head coach. Speculative rumor is that the head coach from Northwestern will be taking control, but there are some more interviews.
    Why would he want to leave Northwestern? They have better facilities (their own soccer field) and he's won conference titles and taken them to the NCAA tourney three times.

+ Reply to Thread